America's Image Problem

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
It’s only human nature to hate and envy the top dog and desire his downfall.

America's Image Problem
By Craig Chamberlain, The Conservative Voice
January 18, 2008

Anti Americanism exists regardless of who is in charge. Does anyone with an IQ above 12 really believe that the Iranians are going to become the friends of America simply because we have a Democrat in the White House? The Iranians have dealt with two Democratic presidents and treated them both with contempt. Is Hugo Chavez going to become the friend of America if Senator Obama is elected President? Or perhaps Cuba will stop raving about "Yankee imperialism" if the Democrats control washington?

But what about Europe? I can hear the courses of angry leftists who are screaming that President Bush has ruined the alliances of Europe. Did he? The anti Americans Chirac and Schroeder, have been replaced by the pro American Sarkozy and Merkel. We still have a special relationship with Britain and eastern Europe continues to look to America to protect them from a growing Russian threat. What the leftists are really ranting about is that European leftists and the other elites hate President Bush. Yes, that's true, but they also hate America. No matter who is in the White House there are people who are going to hate America, these people aren't going away. They need someone to hate as a way to vent their rage with the world and the United States fits the bill.

for full article:
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/30305.html#

It’s only human nature to hate and envy the top dog and desire his downfall.

America's Image Problem
By Craig Chamberlain, The Conservative Voice
January 18, 2008

Anti Americanism exists regardless of who is in charge. Does anyone with an IQ above 12 really believe that the Iranians are going to become the friends of America simply because we have a Democrat in the White House? The Iranians have dealt with two Democratic presidents and treated them both with contempt. Is Hugo Chavez going to become the friend of America if Senator Obama is elected President? Or perhaps Cuba will stop raving about "Yankee imperialism" if the Democrats control washington?

But what about Europe? I can hear the courses of angry leftists who are screaming that President Bush has ruined the alliances of Europe. Did he? The anti Americans Chirac and Schroeder, have been replaced by the pro American Sarkozy and Merkel. We still have a special relationship with Britain and eastern Europe continues to look to America to protect them from a growing Russian threat. What the leftists are really ranting about is that European leftists and the other elites hate President Bush. Yes, that's true, but they also hate America. No matter who is in the White House there are people who are going to hate America, these people aren't going away. They need someone to hate as a way to vent their rage with the world and the United States fits the bill.

for full article:
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/30305.html#

A rather simple concept that some either don't get for a lack of metal capacity, or don't want to get because it doesn't suit their political agendas.

A rather simple concept that some either don't get for a lack of metal capacity, or don't want to get because it doesn't suit their political agendas.

you really believe that gobbledy-gook? we've just had 7 years where the prez gave the finger to everyone else instead of trying to work with people. of course they don't think well of this prez.

most people i know (and i'm not talking about extremist loonies who won't ever be happy, but normal people) who don't live in this country love America, but think Bush is an incompetent buffoon who's policies have been ignorant and have adversely affected the rest of the world.

you really believe that gobbledy-gook? we've just had 7 years where the prez gave the finger to everyone else instead of trying to work with people. of course they don't think well of this prez.

most people i know (and i'm not talking about extremist loonies who won't ever be happy, but normal people) who don't live in this country love America, but think Bush is an incompetent buffoon who's policies have been ignorant and have adversely affected the rest of the world.

It isn't gobbeldy gook anymore than the fact that liberals act as if the whole world loved us prior to Bush taking office, when they didn't.

I've been to more than a couple of foreign countries and they all split just like we do. Some like us, but overriding factor in those that dislike us is resentment. We're on top and they're scratching at our heels. It's been that way for decades.

I have no problem with Bush not cowtowing to the opinions of other countries and DID have a problem with Clinton and Carter doing it. What's in their best interest is not always in ours, and we need to put our best interest first or they're just going to pul us down into the mud with them.

I dont think Bush is an incompetent buffoon nor do I hate America.
I really don't understand why everyone hates his foreign policy that much.
Let's see which other U.S president could tackle global terrorism , handle Iran and N.K like him!

we've just had 7 years where the prez gave the finger to everyone else instead of trying to work with people. of course they don't think well of this prez.

Who specifically do you have reference to, Jillian? Domestically, Bush tried to work with the Dems, but they didn't want to work with him from day one. They didn't even give him a fair chance.

If you're talking about certain European countries that opposed the WOT, didn't we find out that their opposition was self-serving because they were doing business with Iraq despite the embargos that were supposed to be in effect?

Blaming Bush for damaging the country's reputation is just silly. When America was the laughing stock of the whole world when Clinton occupied the White House, was Clinton blamed for damaging America's credibility?

I don't recall Bush giving the finger to anyone.

Well, maybe the UN on occasion, but he still did more to placate that group of thugs than I would have.

Who specifically do you have reference to, Jillian? Domestically, Bush tried to work with the Dems, but they didn't want to work with him from day one. They didn't even give him a fair chance.

If you're talking about certain European countries that opposed the WOT, didn't we find out that their opposition was self-serving because they were doing business with Iraq despite the embargos that were supposed to be in effect?

Blaming Bush for damaging the country's reputation is just silly. When America was the laughing stock of the whole world when Clinton occupied the White House, was Clinton blamed for damaging America's credibility?

Bush tried to work with Dems???? On what planet? By making recess appointments of people who would never have gotten past dems? Every bill for the first six years that was put up for a vote wasn't allowed to the floor unless it didn't need a single democratic vote to pass. That working with dems? Or vetoing every bill the dems send to him?? That working with them.

I'm really not sure where you get this that he tried to work with dems thing. Because he said so?? Yeah, then he said how he couldn't get anything accomplished because they wouldn't do what HE wanted. How's that working with dems?

He treated the international community the same way. And I can tell you as a bystander and interested person, it felt like we didn't live in this country for six years because we had absolutely no voice in DC.

It's sad to see Bush voters reduced to lowering the bar of expectation, for their one-time hero.

They've been reduced to saying that Bush really isn't any worse than any other president, and hasn't done any more damage to the country than other presidents. I guess they've given up on their hero, and are trying to minimize the fallout to his soon to be pathetic legacy as one of the worst presidents ever.

Its patently obvious to the rest of us, who don't have bush's c*ck in our mouths, that Bush has done an extraordinary damage to america's image and ability to work with allies.

you'll think Loser in 08, Allie.

Still got your big W bumper sticker?

What total bullcrap. Bush talks a good game but then goes his own frigging way unless he is forced to compromise.

He never tried to work with the Dems. He didn't have to because he had Republicans in control who were his rubber stamp. He is still telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

He has passed all previous presidents in his signing documents that says he doesn't have to obey the laws that are passed.

The country has never been this strongly divided on party lines. Hell, even a lot of Republicans don't want to associate with his policies. Notice how many of the current Republican presidential wanna bees have asked Bush to campaign for him.

If he is such a great leader and uniter, why is his current rating in the low
30's?

When an American President believes he was chosen by God to lead the country, we have a serious problem.

Get a frigging life.

The Clintons took those words to heart.

We aren't losing in '08. Nobody's going to vote Obama or Hillary into office.

Pffft. We'd have an image problem..and a death toll of our own...if we hadn't.

I'm one of those people who think Bush, on a macro level, had the right ideas, but either he, himself, has been such a bufoon, or has hired morons like Donald Rumsfeld, to screw up those policies with poor implementation, that he comes off in the end looking like an incompetent fool.

How else could one explain the desire by the Administration to build a small, super high tech, military force, designed for lightening warfare to take on what amounted to a LOW TECH mission of occupation, policing and nation building??? And not only that, like in Vietnam, created a completely senseless set of Rules of Engagement to tie the small force we put there's hands behind their backs. We weren't worried about political correctness or the sensibilities of our allies when we went in, but all of a sudden we were worried about those when it came time to flatten a few cities, shrines and mosques????

BTW, forces required to occupy have always been population/20-30. You do the arithmetic to come up with the boots on the ground number we needed in Iraq to be successful in a reasonable amount of time.

Bush tried to work with Dems???? On what planet? By making recess appointments of people who would never have gotten past dems? Every bill for the first six years that was put up for a vote wasn't allowed to the floor unless it didn't need a single democratic vote to pass. That working with dems? Or vetoing every bill the dems send to him?? That working with them.

I'm really not sure where you get this that he tried to work with dems thing. Because he said so?? Yeah, then he said how he couldn't get anything accomplished because they wouldn't do what HE wanted. How's that working with dems?

He treated the international community the same way. And I can tell you as a bystander and interested person, it felt like we didn't live in this country for six years because we had absolutely no voice in DC.

Need to work on that memory a bit. Bush went into office trying to work with Democrats. Democrats refused to work with him. Everything was fine until he went against the Dems the first time. Honeymoon over.

Bush had an excellent track record of working with Dems as Governor here. You don't get to be GOP Governor of Texas for two terms if you can't or don't.

And don't give that "we had no voice" crap. That's exactly what it is too. NOTHING got shoved down Democrats' throats, evne when it should have been.

It's sad to see Bush voters reduced to lowering the bar of expectation, for their one-time hero.

They've been reduced to saying that Bush really isn't any worse than any other president, and hasn't done any more damage to the country than other presidents. I guess they've given up on their hero, and are trying to minimize the fallout to his soon to be pathetic legacy as one of the worst presidents ever.

Its patently obvious to the rest of us, who don't have bush's c*ck in our mouths, that Bush has done an extraordinary damage to america's image and ability to work with allies.

It's sad to see Bush haters open their sucks and have nothing intelligent nor factual to say ... just a bunch of unsupported rhetoric.

No one's been reduced to anything but calling bullshit when peopel like you start spewing your crap.

It's patently obvious to anyone with a brain that the most damage to america's image has been done by political hack morons like you spewing your hatred and lies on a continuing basis.

What total bullcrap. Bush talks a good game but then goes his own frigging way unless he is forced to compromise.

He never tried to work with the Dems. He didn't have to because he had Republicans in control who were his rubber stamp. He is still telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

He has passed all previous presidents in his signing documents that says he doesn't have to obey the laws that are passed.

The country has never been this strongly divided on party lines. Hell, even a lot of Republicans don't want to associate with his policies. Notice how many of the current Republican presidential wanna bees have asked Bush to campaign for him.

If he is such a great leader and uniter, why is his current rating in the low
30's?

When an American President believes he was chosen by God to lead the country, we have a serious problem.

Get a frigging life.

You would be incorrect. Bush DID indeed try to work with Dems in DC just as he DID work with them here in TX. As previously stated, that lasted right up until he wanted something Dems didn't and they started whining foul.

Forum List

Back