America's Image Problem

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Adam's Apple, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    It’s only human nature to hate and envy the top dog and desire his downfall.

America's Image Problem
    By Craig Chamberlain, The Conservative Voice
    January 18, 2008

Anti Americanism exists regardless of who is in charge. Does anyone with an IQ above 12 really believe that the Iranians are going to become the friends of America simply because we have a Democrat in the White House? The Iranians have dealt with two Democratic presidents and treated them both with contempt. Is Hugo Chavez going to become the friend of America if Senator Obama is elected President? Or perhaps Cuba will stop raving about "Yankee imperialism" if the Democrats control washington?

But what about Europe? I can hear the courses of angry leftists who are screaming that President Bush has ruined the alliances of Europe. Did he? The anti Americans Chirac and Schroeder, have been replaced by the pro American Sarkozy and Merkel. We still have a special relationship with Britain and eastern Europe continues to look to America to protect them from a growing Russian threat. What the leftists are really ranting about is that European leftists and the other elites hate President Bush. Yes, that's true, but they also hate America. No matter who is in the White House there are people who are going to hate America, these people aren't going away. They need someone to hate as a way to vent their rage with the world and the United States fits the bill.

for full article:
    http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/30305.html#

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    A rather simple concept that some either don't get for a lack of metal capacity, or don't want to get because it doesn't suit their political agendas.

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    you really believe that gobbledy-gook? we've just had 7 years where the prez gave the finger to everyone else instead of trying to work with people. of course they don't think well of this prez.

most people i know (and i'm not talking about extremist loonies who won't ever be happy, but normal people) who don't live in this country love America, but think Bush is an incompetent buffoon who's policies have been ignorant and have adversely affected the rest of the world.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    It isn't gobbeldy gook anymore than the fact that liberals act as if the whole world loved us prior to Bush taking office, when they didn't.

I've been to more than a couple of foreign countries and they all split just like we do. Some like us, but overriding factor in those that dislike us is resentment. We're on top and they're scratching at our heels. It's been that way for decades.

I have no problem with Bush not cowtowing to the opinions of other countries and DID have a problem with Clinton and Carter doing it. What's in their best interest is not always in ours, and we need to put our best interest first or they're just going to pul us down into the mud with them.

5. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

I dont think Bush is an incompetent buffoon nor do I hate America.
    I really don't understand why everyone hates his foreign policy that much.
    Let's see which other U.S president could tackle global terrorism , handle Iran and N.K like him!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Who specifically do you have reference to, Jillian? Domestically, Bush tried to work with the Dems, but they didn't want to work with him from day one. They didn't even give him a fair chance.

If you're talking about certain European countries that opposed the WOT, didn't we find out that their opposition was self-serving because they were doing business with Iraq despite the embargos that were supposed to be in effect?

Blaming Bush for damaging the country's reputation is just silly. When America was the laughing stock of the whole world when Clinton occupied the White House, was Clinton blamed for damaging America's credibility?

7. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I don't recall Bush giving the finger to anyone.

Well, maybe the UN on occasion, but he still did more to placate that group of thugs than I would have.

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432

Bush tried to work with Dems???? On what planet? By making recess appointments of people who would never have gotten past dems? Every bill for the first six years that was put up for a vote wasn't allowed to the floor unless it didn't need a single democratic vote to pass. That working with dems? Or vetoing every bill the dems send to him?? That working with them.

I'm really not sure where you get this that he tried to work with dems thing. Because he said so?? Yeah, then he said how he couldn't get anything accomplished because they wouldn't do what HE wanted. How's that working with dems?

He treated the international community the same way. And I can tell you as a bystander and interested person, it felt like we didn't live in this country for six years because we had absolutely no voice in DC.

9. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    It's sad to see Bush voters reduced to lowering the bar of expectation, for their one-time hero.

They've been reduced to saying that Bush really isn't any worse than any other president, and hasn't done any more damage to the country than other presidents. I guess they've given up on their hero, and are trying to minimize the fallout to his soon to be pathetic legacy as one of the worst presidents ever.

Its patently obvious to the rest of us, who don't have bush's c*ck in our mouths, that Bush has done an extraordinary damage to america's image and ability to work with allies.

10. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Lol.
    Poor losers, all the way around, and down to the mat.