Ann Coulter: Words of Wisdumb

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
On Fox defending the Confederate Flag, good old Ann said that most of our military bases are named after Confederate military officers.

Actually, only 5 are.

Following this statement, she used the names of Eienhower and Nimitz as examples.

I don't think either was in the Confederate Service that I recall. They may have been too young.:rolleyes:

Ann Coulter: Olberman's Worst Person in the World.:cuckoo:

Well...she has a point.

But her style is attack and exaggerate, and occasionally zap with the truth.

I haven't any text to go by, as a link wasn't provided to prove that she actually did say this.

If she did, my guess was she was poking fun at somebody.

But without a link, I assume it didn't happen, or it is a misunderstanding.

On Fox defending the Confederate Flag, good old Ann said that most of our military bases are named after Confederate military officers.

Actually, only 5 are.

Following this statement, she used the names of Eienhower and Nimitz as examples.

Those guys are both Texans, which was a Confederate State. Maybe that's what she meant. Not a very clear or particularly good way of trying to make a point, though.

I guess I'm wondering why people get so worked up over Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh and Al Franken and the like.

Seriously, whats the big deal if a loud mouth political commentator gets her facts screwed up once or one-hundred times. Last time I checked, John McCain and Mitt Romney weren't choosing her for VP. Bush wasn't consulting her regarding Supreme Court nominations. I didn't call her before deciding what to teach my students this morning...people really aren't that influenced by what Ann Coulter thinks, says, does, or writes.

She, and others in her ilk, are commentators thats all. They make their money saying inflammatory things to make people on "their side" chuckle, and people on "the other side" fume.

I think that people get too worked up about Ann Coulter and the rest of them...especially considering that the vast, VAST majority of Americans have no bloody clue who she is. The fact of the matter is, the only people who really know who she is and read her work, are the people who are aware enough of the political scene to actually know the subject shes commenting on, and therefore have the good sense to read her for what she is...someone who takes a morsel of right-wing thought...and runs with it as far as she can and as fast as she can to the right in order to make righties laugh and lefties cry.

Why play into her silliness. If you find her amusing, good. Read her stuff and giggle. If you find her hateful, good. Read her stuff and piss yourself off, or don't read her stuff at all.

Forum List

Back