America's Christian Heritage - Great Quotes

MI49Ovw.jpg

and yet, according to the Christian Bible:

"What sorrow awaits the world, because it tempts people to sin. Temptations are inevitable, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting."
-- Jesus; Mt 18:7

Sorry if I got off-topic there. I'll try and bring it back to the moral values that helped found this country:

"I have always believed that the best security for property, be it much or little, is to remove from every part of the community, as far as can possibly be done, every cause of complaint, and every motive to violence"
-- Thomas Paine; from 'Dissertations on First Principles of Government' (1795)

"MANKIND being originally equals in the order of creation, the equality could only be destroyed by some subsequent circumstance: the distinctions of rich and poor may in a great measure be accounted for"
-- Thomas Paine; from 'Common Sense' (1776)

"What sorrow awaits the world, because it tempts people to sin. Temptations are inevitable, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting."

My King James Bible reads:

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come, but woe unto that man by whom the offence cometh!

Knowing that scripture, Agit8r, you should heed the warning and repent. I'd also look for another screen name. Perhaps Former Agit8r? Or Reformed Agit8r? Better yet - here is an original - brandnewstart - How's that? You can even keep the avie with the thumb's up photo! It's a win-win!

"we shall answer their demands for a gold standard by saying to them, you shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns. You shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold."
-- William Jennings Bryan

Forum List

Back