Americans still not interested in electric cars!

I don't remember $7500 subsidies on TRS-80s.........

Not relevant.

Technology is making these things more affordable, China is pouring a ton of money into EVs, and governments around the world are mandating production, which will give manufacturers scale.

Plus, they're cool cars.

Cool.....and everyone who wants one should buy one.
They aren't gonna save the ice caps and they need to survive without subsidies.

Better hurry, Musk is sounding a little unsteady......

Not relevant.

Technology is making these things more affordable, China is pouring a ton of money into EVs, and governments around the world are mandating production, which will give manufacturers scale.

Plus, they're cool cars.

They don’t need to survive without subsidies. Europe and China have been subsidizing this for a long time, and will continue to do so in the future.

And like many early adopters, the early buyers are more than happy to overpay for something that is cool and trendy. That’s happening now.

Not relevant.

Plus, they're cool cars.

They don’t need to survive without subsidies. Europe and China have been subsidizing this for a long time, and will continue to do so in the future.

And like many early adopters, the early buyers are more than happy to overpay for something that is cool and trendy. That’s happening now.

EV sales are already a joke. They fall off the face of the earth without subsidies. In the US, even people making over 100k will refuse to buy them without the subsidies.

Oh.... and and electric vehicles are anything but trendy in the United States. Fringe trendy, maybe, but a lot of what a progressive thinks is "trendy" actually isnt. Like gun grabbing or better....they think identity politics are trendy yet they continue to get whacked in elections harping on "trendy" identity politics stuff. Not that I'm complaining mind you....go, go!!

Last edited:

Not relevant.

Plus, they're cool cars.

Todd.... you venture down one of these threads and you really do realize why they wrote a book LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER.

I've already wasted too much time in my life in this thread!

Not relevant.

Plus, they're cool cars.

Todd.... you venture down one of these threads and you really do realize why they wrote a book LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER.

I've already wasted too much time in my life in this thread!

And he runs away after dodging simple questions THREE times.

Why am I not surprised?

Again what we see here is the faulty thinking in the modern progressive. They just never came to understand the meaning of the bell curve.... that they are still shocked that Trump won is clear evidence of that. So is this thought from progressives that people are obsessed about climate change when the fact is no one is giving a shit about it and the evidence of that is staggering. We also see it in the progressives obsession with identity politics.... they think it is everything with the American voter but come election time it's a prolific loser. Again I pronounced misunderstanding of the bell curve as it applies to American culture.

Having said that go go go!!!:113::113::2up:

Total sales of ALL EV's are still tiny with that $7500 buying subsidy ending soon and running out of wealthier buyers.

From HERE
The growth in US electric vehicle (EV) sales has actually been slower than the growth of Ford F-Series pickup truck sales since 2012.

United States Vehicle Sales
Ford F-Series All EV’s Ford F-Series minus EV’s
2012 645,316 52,607 592,709
2013 763,402 97,507 665,895
2014 753,851 122,438 631,413
2015 780,354 116,099 664,255
2016 820,799 156,614 664,185
2017 896,764 199,826 696,938

Meanwhile the BUYING incentive is quite large with that buying subsidy the government offers. From the office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy,

Electric Vehicles: Tax Credits and Other Incentives

Excerpt:

"The federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax credit is for $2,500 to $7,500 per new EV purchased for use in the U.S. The size of the tax credit depends on the size of the vehicle and its battery capacity. To find out specific tax credit amounts for individual vehicles, visit FuelEconomy.gov’s Tax Credits for Electric Vehicles and Tax Credits for Plug-in Hybrids pages. This tax credit will be available until 200,000 qualified EVs have been sold in the United States by each manufacturer, at which point the credit begins to phase out for that manufacturer. Currently, no manufacturers have been phased out yet."

Despite all the help to buying an EV, Ford Trucks ALONE maintains it selling lead over ALL the EV's sales.

LOL: As usual the poorly educated self defined conservatives use lies, damn lies and statistics to convince them self of their narrative biases.

Left out of this post (#37) is the number of F-150's built by Ford, and the number of all electric cars available in the market. And the number of F-150's which are not used as commuter vehicles, but for commercial and recreational use.

It is an example of Apple and Antelope comparison, as if they are similar and not very much different. Some people call that from of logic, magical thinking.

As is clearly shown here, egoists just don't care about anything but their instant gratification of a transient, unimportant fixation on a specific, unsustainable endeavor.
They could not care less about the consequences. Yet, this somehow passes for adult behavior and attitude.

As is clearly shown here, egoists just don't care about anything but their instant gratification of a transient, unimportant fixation on a specific, unsustainable endeavor.
They could not care less about the consequences. Yet, this somehow passes for adult behavior and attitude.

I agree, most Tesla drivers are real douchebags......

I agree, most Tesla drivers are real douchebags

Nonsensical statement as you don't know most Tesla drivers.

Again what we see here is the faulty thinking in the modern progressive. They just never came to understand the meaning of the bell curve.... that they are still shocked that Trump won is clear evidence of that. So is this thought from progressives that people are obsessed about climate change when the fact is no one is giving a shit about it and the evidence of that is staggering. We also see it in the progressives obsession with identity politics.... they think it is everything with the American voter but come election time it's a prolific loser. Again I pronounced misunderstanding of the bell curve as it applies to American culture.

Total sales of ALL EV's are still tiny with that $7500 buying subsidy ending soon and running out of wealthier buyers.

From HERE
The growth in US electric vehicle (EV) sales has actually been slower than the growth of Ford F-Series pickup truck sales since 2012.

Meanwhile the BUYING incentive is quite large with that buying subsidy the government offers. From the office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy,

Excerpt:

"The federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax credit is for $2,500 to $7,500 per new EV purchased for use in the U.S. The size of the tax credit depends on the size of the vehicle and its battery capacity. To find out specific tax credit amounts for individual vehicles, visit FuelEconomy.gov’s Tax Credits for Electric Vehicles and Tax Credits for Plug-in Hybrids pages. This tax credit will be available until 200,000 qualified EVs have been sold in the United States by each manufacturer, at which point the credit begins to phase out for that manufacturer. Currently, no manufacturers have been phased out yet."

Despite all the help to buying an EV, Ford Trucks ALONE maintains it selling lead over ALL the EV's sales.

LOL: As usual the poorly educated self defined conservatives use lies, damn lies and statistics to convince them self of their narrative biases.

Left out of this post (#37) is the number of F-150's built by Ford, and the number of all electric cars available in the market. And the number of F-150's which are not used as commuter vehicles, but for commercial and recreational use.

It is an example of Apple and Antelope comparison, as if they are similar and not very much different. Some people call that from of logic, magical thinking.

No it is your poor reading and thinking skills that have failed you, here is the relevant line you missed, from HERE which you didn't read at all, bolding is mine.

"The growth in US electric vehicle (EV) sales has actually been slower than the growth of Ford F-Series pickup truck sales since 2012."

I posted the last SIX years of sales for both classes, it was right there in front of you in the post!

Good grief!

Whatever you say s0n..... but would you like me to post up total EV sales versus conventional vehicle sales figures? And then maybe come back to the whole ignorant discussion? :iyfyus.jpg:

You listen to too much NPR s0n!!

LOL...Hello!?!

You typed...'Nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles.'

Answer us this brainiac...how can 400,000 Americans put down a deposit for a Tesla 3 when 'nobody wants' EV's?

Well....?

And after you don't answer that one...show us all the proof you have that 'Americans love big cars always have and always will'?

You sound like some ignorant, old fart who longs for the 1950's.

Lol.....whatever you say s0n!!

But I navigate in the real world being the old dart that I am.

Large car sales for last quarter of 2017 >>

US car sales data large car segment - Left-Lane.com

Yuk....yuk....almost as many large cars are sold in 1 quarter as all EV sales COMBINED for a year!! Ford alone sells 100k F150 trucks/month.

Sure looks like the old dart 50's guy is winning!!:iyfyus.jpg:

( assuming people understand a bell curve )

You dodged the questions.

Here they are again...

'You typed...'Nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles.'

Answer us this brainiac...how can 400,000 Americans put down a deposit for a Tesla 3 when 'nobody wants' EV's?

Well....?

And show us all link to unbiased, factual proof that 'Americans love big cars always have and always will'?

And where exactly did I say that EV's even came close to non-EV's in sales?

LOL...you keep answering statements that I never made.

As usual the poorly educated self defined conservatives use lies, damn lies and statistics to convince them self of their narrative biases.

Left out of Kook's response, and a lie by omission, is the number of F-150's built by Ford, and the number of all electric cars available in the market. And the number of F-150's which are not used as commuter vehicles, but for commercial and recreational use.

It is an example of Kook's Apple and Antelope comparison, as if they are similar and not very much different. Some people call that from of logic, magical thinking.

Fake?

I just popped up the sales figures for the Ford Focus from 2017. Just the Ford Focus......:cul2:.... more sold than all EV sales combined.

Combined s0n :2up::113:

Magical indeed!
Of course Ford is selling more vehicles, you dolt. Tesla has only existed for 10 years. Ford? A bit more.

Yes, I know. You want a Raptor and a Mustang. I am sure everyone will think you are a real man when you drive by. But then, if you pick what vehicle you buy by whether you think it impresses other people..... well, I can't help you.

That you call a car that goes 0-60 in just over 2 second "faggy" is laughable. That this same car can seat 5 adults and is a luxury car is more proof.

Grow up, kid. Yeah, you don't like the Tesla? Cool. Cheering the failure of an American company? Not cool. Trying to ridicule those who buy a cutting edge technology car because it might hurt car shows? Ridiculous.

100% of the ones I know are douchebags.

Whatever you say s0n..... but would you like me to post up total EV sales versus conventional vehicle sales figures? And then maybe come back to the whole ignorant discussion? :iyfyus.jpg:

You listen to too much NPR s0n!!

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

And after you don't answer that one...show us all the proof you have that 'Americans love big cars always have and always will'?

Yuk....yuk....almost as many large cars are sold in 1 quarter as all EV sales COMBINED for a year!! Ford alone sells 100k F150 trucks/month.

Here they are again...

Well....?

And show us all link to unbiased, factual proof that 'Americans love big cars always have and always will'?

Well s0n.... I can't help you if you don't have the ability to think on the margin. I presented the sales figures.... most people can think on the margin and understand fully what 150,000 total sales means relative to the millions of sales of conventional vehicles. Duh....

It means, quite simply, nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles....the 2 door Specks!!

Americans have been in love with their big vehicles for 75 years!!

:spinner:https://www.quora.com/Why-do-many-A...er-than-small-ones-which-cause-less-pollution :spinner:

Notice how they completely ignore my databased post #37?

Yep, we did ignore them. Because they are meaningless. Ford Motor Company has been in business for 115 years. Tesla has been in business for 10. And your "databased post" shows that Tesla does not sell nearly as many cars as Ford. Well Duh! So how many MONTHS does a new car company have before they are expected to equal their century old competition or be seen as a failure?

And how many would that be? How many people who own a Tesla do you know?

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

Well s0n.... I can't help you if you don't have the ability to think on the margin. I presented the sales figures.... most people can think on the margin and understand fully what 150,000 total sales means relative to the millions of sales of conventional vehicles. Duh....

It means, quite simply, nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles....the 2 door Specks!!

:spinner:https://www.quora.com/Why-do-many-A...er-than-small-ones-which-cause-less-pollution :spinner:

What did I tell you about this place?:eusa_dance::eusa_dance: = why the Second Amendment is one certainty in life!!

Oh spare us your "poor pitiful, endangered conservative" routine. And don't try to claim this has anything to do with the 2nd Amendment. I am a lifelong shooter and hunter. I have been shooting with a Tesla owner.

And nobody says you have to drive an EV, or even that you should. But why cheer the failure of good technology and an American company that is at the leading edge? Is it just to be an asshole or did your girlfriend leave you for a guy in Tesla?

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

Yep, we did ignore them. Because they are meaningless. Ford Motor Company has been in business for 115 years. Tesla has been in business for 10. And your "databased post" shows that Tesla does not sell nearly as many cars as Ford. Well Duh! So how many MONTHS does a new car company have before they are expected to equal their century old competition or be seen as a failure?

Sure there is difference in how long they exist as a company, but since 2012 Ford F series alone outsells ALL EV's combined. EV's doesn't even keep up with a segment of the car sales industry.

Normally I would have no objection to seeing EV's being made and sold anywhere, it is the over the top subsidy/Tax money give away to "renewable companies" which most fail anyway, and the absurd idea that they will somehow prevent a run away warming from happening, or something along those lines.

EV"s actually INCREASE power consumption, which then increase use of power production mostly from Coal, Oil and Gas.

From HERE

Excerpt:

No it is your poor reading and thinking skills that have failed you, here is the relevant line you missed, from HERE which you didn't read at all, bolding is mine.

"The growth in US electric vehicle (EV) sales has actually been slower than the growth of Ford F-Series pickup truck sales since 2012."

I posted the last SIX years of sales for both classes, it was right there in front of you in the post!

Good grief!

You are comparing apples and oranges.

There are no full size, pickup truck, EV's. So beating to death F-150 sales compared to EV cars is meaningless. You have no idea how sales of F-150's would be if there were reasonably-priced, full-sized, EV P/U's with 200+ mile ranges.

And the reason EV sales are so low is because there are NO low-priced (under $30,000 before government incentive) EV's with decent ranges. NONE. Plus, everyone that sells EV's, has to do so at a loss. Tesla has NEVER posted a yearly profit in 13 years - and that is despite selling VERY expensive EV's. And GM apparently loses $9,000 per Bolt it sells.

GM stands to lose $9,000 per car on Chevy Bolt

The problem is that Lithium Ion batteries are simply too expensive to manufacture for vehicles. A new type of battery needs to be developed.

But the fact that almost 400,000 people were willing to plunk down a grand deposit for a $35,000 Tesla (before they even sat in one) shows loud and clear that the market for EV's is there.
It's just that the cars are not yet cheap enough.

If 200+ mile EV's can be manufactured at a profit for under $25,000...EV sales will explode.

Think about it? Would you rather buy a Chevy Cruze or a Chevy Bolt for $25K (assuming they are equally equipped)? Unless you are an idiot, drive strictly on the highway or plan to keep the car for 8+ years...you will choose the Bolt as it will cost a LOT less for maintenance/operating costs for the first 5-6 years of driving.

Last edited:

Not relevant.

Plus, they're cool cars.

EV sales are already a joke. They fall off the face of the earth without subsidies. In the US, even people making over 100k will refuse to buy them without the subsidies.

Oh.... and and electric vehicles are anything but trendy in the United States. Fringe trendy, maybe, but a lot of what a progressive thinks is "trendy" actually isnt. Like gun grabbing or better....they think identity politics are trendy yet they continue to get whacked in elections harping on "trendy" identity politics stuff. Not that I'm complaining mind you....go, go!!

So you think people with money only buy the car because they get $7,500 back? The price you quoted earlier was $130k. So they will spend $122,500? And the subsidy makes a difference. They are common enough in Atlanta. But I guess all those people did it because they got $7,500 off the sticker price.

From HERE

Excerpt:

Good grief!

Right. The sales figures for an established brand when the most expensive version is half the cost of a new Tesla (which has only existed as a company for 10 years).

Those figures are meaningless. The fact that a startup company does not outsell (or even compete) with a company with over 100 years selling their product does not mean anything.

Fair enough.

Forum List

Back