Americans still not interested in electric cars!

Americans (and other nationalities, unfortunately) still interested in unsustainable energy consumption by unnecessarily over sized/heavy vehicles for no practical purpose. Ego trumps sense, again. Somehow, the estimated millions who did from air pollution do not weigh on the moral conscience of accelerator crushing motorists. Worse, there are those that ridicule reasonable people for a more modest choice.
That's the "real" world.

Actually the real world is.....Americans love big cars always have and always will. Nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles. C'mon now..... some people just can't think on the margin.

Riiiiiight...nobody wants EV cars. Clearly you have not a clue what you are talking about.

That is why almost 400,000 people put down a $1,000 deposit (including my brother's wife) on the Model 3 when it was announced.

Disrupting Demand: Tesla Model 3 Deposits Surprised Even Elon Musk - Motor Trend

And 'faggy electric vehicles'?

The Tesla Model S P100 does 0-60 in 2.28 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 10.5 seconds. The base Tesla S does 0-60 in 5 flat.

Disrupting Demand: Tesla Model 3 Deposits Surprised Even Elon Musk - Motor Trend

That will - I believe - blow the doors off of any Corvette to ever leave the factory.

I love V8 RWD cars/trucks. I have owned 4 Camaro's, 3 Mustang's, 3 'vette's, 2 Challenger's, 1 Firebird...all with V8's (and a Dodge Ram SRT10 - the Viper truck).
And I would take a top-of-the-line Tesla S ANY DAY. Not only are they stonking fast...but the power comes on instantly.

The problem with EV's is Lithium Ion is not the answer...the batteries made of this simply cost too much money. They need a new, cheaper type of battery (and they are working on them).

If/when they come up with one...and they can start selling EV's AT A PROFIT for $20K with a 200 mile range (and they will one day)? I guarantee you they will fly out the showroom doors. By the millions.

Here is some free advice...don't make ignorant statements and you will not sound ignorant.

Whatever you say s0n..... but would you like me to post up total EV sales versus conventional vehicle sales figures? And then maybe come back to the whole ignorant discussion? :iyfyus.jpg:

You listen to too much NPR s0n!!

LOL...Hello!?!

You typed...'Nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles.'

Answer us this brainiac...how can 400,000 Americans put down a deposit for a Tesla 3 when 'nobody wants' EV's?

Well....?

And after you don't answer that one...show us all the proof you have that 'Americans love big cars always have and always will'?

You sound like some ignorant, old fart who longs for the 1950's.
That is why almost 400,000 people put down a $1,000 deposit (including my brother's wife) on the Model 3 when it was announced
On another post it was said that 1% of the Muslim population goes out and murders innocent men, women and children, not very many killers. Yet 1% of a billion is 10 million people. 400,000 EV buyers out of the 330,000,000 US citizens comes out to .00121212. Talk about a miniscule amount of people. Shame that Muslim killers aren't as few as EV buyers...

Try reading an entire post before commenting on it...I said nothing about popularity.

What's-his-guts said 'nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles'.

And I proved that he was wrong. That was the beginning and the end of the point of my point.

Or does 400,000 equate to zero in your world?

Last edited:
Ford will have hybrid versions of thier entire vehicle line by 2022, and electric only versions of the focus, mustang, and a small SUV's yet un-named.

The current US population does not trust hybrids or EV's , doesn't want to pay the premium price, doesn't want to deal with the limited range on EV's or the charging times.
Doesn't want to deal with battery replacements cost or excessive tire wear. EV's only function well in urban environments, they are at a distinct disadvantage in rural r semi-rural environments.

As these issue get improved upon and prices drop. people will buy. Tesla has yet to prove they can mass produce a vehicles to industry standards, AKA the model 3

Have you ever driven an all-electric vehicle? How about a hybrid? My son's Bolt is fast and gets 250 miles on a four hour charge. I own a RAV4 Hybrid, and it has the get up and go necessary to .drive from the Bay Area to Tahoe with same alacrity of a Ford F-150 but with a much lower gas bill.

You are a strange one aren't you?, sure I driven an EV so what, take you son's bolt 400 mile in 6 hours one way, as 8 million families will do this on Memorial day weekend, loaded up with all their gear. I'll take my 2021 F150 hybrid towing 8,000 lbs. with 1000 lbs. of people and gear, try that with you RAV4 Hybrid and talk about alacrity.

You should of just got a Tahoe hybrid, I'm don't understand you zeal about your hybrid.

There's a lot of anger within your post, why is that? I simply offered my experience, I've driven vans for decades, my '72 Chevy van took me from CA to Mexico, Canada and the gulf coast on surfing trips, and back to Wisconsin in '74 to meet my wife's parents. Since then I've owned two dodge vans, one Plymouth Voyager and two Honda Odysseys. .

Bigger ain't always better, the RAV4 has enough power to get me where I want to go, roof racks which hold a cargo box when needed, and a number of safety features none of the earlier vans had or even been thought of when manufactured. BTW. the cargo box on two of the vans noted above required a step stool to empty, and I'm 6'2" Even my wife can reach the box on the RAV4 and she is 5'2"..

Americans (and other nationalities, unfortunately) still interested in unsustainable energy consumption by unnecessarily over sized/heavy vehicles for no practical purpose. Ego trumps sense, again. Somehow, the estimated millions who did from air pollution do not weigh on the moral conscience of accelerator crushing motorists. Worse, there are those that ridicule reasonable people for a more modest choice.
That's the "real" world.

Actually the real world is.....Americans love big cars always have and always will. Nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles. C'mon now..... some people just can't think on the margin.

Riiiiiight...nobody wants EV cars. Clearly you have not a clue what you are talking about.

That is why almost 400,000 people put down a $1,000 deposit (including my brother's wife) on the Model 3 when it was announced.

The Tesla Model S P100 does 0-60 in 2.28 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 10.5 seconds. The base Tesla S does 0-60 in 5 flat.

That will - I believe - blow the doors off of any Corvette to ever leave the factory.

I love V8 RWD cars/trucks. I have owned 4 Camaro's, 3 Mustang's, 3 'vette's, 2 Challenger's, 1 Firebird...all with V8's (and a Dodge Ram SRT10 - the Viper truck).
And I would take a top-of-the-line Tesla S ANY DAY. Not only are they stonking fast...but the power comes on instantly.

The problem with EV's is Lithium Ion is not the answer...the batteries made of this simply cost too much money. They need a new, cheaper type of battery (and they are working on them).

If/when they come up with one...and they can start selling EV's AT A PROFIT for $20K with a 200 mile range (and they will one day)? I guarantee you they will fly out the showroom doors. By the millions.

Here is some free advice...don't make ignorant statements and you will not sound ignorant.

Whatever you say s0n..... but would you like me to post up total EV sales versus conventional vehicle sales figures? And then maybe come back to the whole ignorant discussion? :iyfyus.jpg:

LOL...Hello!?!

Answer us this brainiac...how can 400,000 Americans put down a deposit for a Tesla 3 when 'nobody wants' EV's?

Well....?

And after you don't answer that one...show us all the proof you have that 'Americans love big cars always have and always will'?

Lol.....whatever you say s0n!!

But I navigate in the real world being the old dart that I am.

Large car sales for last quarter of 2017 >>

US car sales data large car segment - Left-Lane.com

Yuk....yuk....almost as many large cars are sold in 1 quarter as all EV sales COMBINED for a year!! Ford alone sells 100k F150 trucks/month.

Sure looks like the old dart 50's guy is winning!!:iyfyus.jpg:

( assuming people understand a bell curve )

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

That is why almost 400,000 people put down a $1,000 deposit (including my brother's wife) on the Model 3 when it was announced
On another post it was said that 1% of the Muslim population goes out and murders innocent men, women and children, not very many killers. Yet 1% of a billion is 10 million people. 400,000 EV buyers out of the 330,000,000 US citizens comes out to .00121212. Talk about a miniscule amount of people. Shame that Muslim killers aren't as few as EV buyers...

Try reading an entire post before commenting on it...I said nothing about popularity.

What's-his-guts said 'nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles'.

And I proved that he was wrong. That was the beginning and the end of the point of my point.

Or does 400,000 equate to zero in your world?

400,000 "ordered" :113:

Here's the thing....when the argument by the progressive is put to the test by having to answer the question, "As compared to what?".....the argument becomes an instant train wreck!

Electric vehicles are a joke in this country. Total sales last year were approximately 150,000. FORD sold more of their Focus model then all EV sales combined :hello77::oops-28::oops-28:

Again the argument of the progressive always falls like a stone when they have to answer 1 of 2 questions >>

1. As compared to what?

and

2. At what cost?

Who's not winning?:cul2::cul2:

:oops8::oops-28::oops-28:

Electric cars are failing to woo the average American

Now if you talk to a climate crusader, you'd think EV's are flying out the showroom door. Nope.... Americans couldn't be any more disinterested in buying these things. Only people making more than 100k are buying them and sale #s remain laughable. FORD still sells more F150 trucks in 3 months than all EV sales COMBINED:spinner:.

What does it mean?

It means people are concerned about climate change, but have no interest in opening up their wallet to do anything about it. Clearly the science all the climate crusader bozo' s angst about is not having any effect on people in the real world. :bigbed:Tough shit on them.

Not sure I see the connection between concern for climate change and buying an electric car. One pollutes only when I start the engine, the other pollutes when the electricity is generated to charge the batteries and the batteries are a major source of pollution in manufacturing and recycling.

Electric cars are limited in range and you can't find anywhere to charge them.

Assuming the above are solved, what would make the electric car worthwhile is that since an electric motor can last almost forever (no friction, rubbing parts or wear), and the batteries replaceable, make the bodies plastic so that the cars have a minimum 30 years life expectancy. Make them that rather than outright purchase them, you lease them from the state or somewhere. One key to making them more affordable is to remove them as a "consumable" which must be replaced every few years.

Nah...most Prius drivers are these hopeless tree-huggers who scoff at me when I pull up next to them in my Coyote Mustang.

We all know the type >>

Typical ugly, angry liberal.

Now if you talk to a climate crusader, you'd think EV's are flying out the showroom door. Nope.... Americans couldn't be any more disinterested in buying these things. Only people making more than 100k are buying them and sale #s remain laughable. FORD still sells more F150 trucks in 3 months than all EV sales COMBINED:spinner:.

What does it mean?

It means people are concerned about climate change, but have no interest in opening up their wallet to do anything about it. Clearly the science all the climate crusader bozo' s angst about is not having any effect on people in the real world. :bigbed:Tough shit on them.

Not sure I see the connection between concern for climate change and buying an electric car. One pollutes only when I start the engine, the other pollutes when the electricity is generated to charge the batteries and the batteries are a major source of pollution in manufacturing and recycling.

Electric cars are limited in range and you can't find anywhere to charge them.

Assuming the above are solved, what would make the electric car worthwhile is that since an electric motor can last almost forever (no friction, rubbing parts or wear), and the batteries replaceable, make the bodies plastic so that the cars have a minimum 30 years life expectancy. Make them that rather than outright purchase them, you lease them from the state or somewhere. One key to making them more affordable is to remove them as a "consumable" which must be replaced every few years.

Nah...most Prius drivers are these hopeless tree-huggers who scoff at me when I pull up next to them in my Coyote Mustang.

We all know the type >>

Typical ugly, angry liberal.

Todd... you win in here all the time. But imagine coming in here and every time getting your clock cleaned.... you'd be angry and miserable too!

We see progressives come and go in this forum all the time... they might hang out for a week or two but then invariably they disappear. Getting your nutsack kicked repeatedly is no fun for anyone. I will say however, got to give the steady/consistent climate crusaders in this forum an nod.... we know who they are. They get smacked around by skeptics on a daily basis but still buckle up their chin strap and come back in every day.

Last edited:
That's the "real" world.

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Yuk....yuk....almost as many large cars are sold in 1 quarter as all EV sales COMBINED for a year!! Ford alone sells 100k F150 trucks/month.

You dodged the questions.

Here they are again...

'You typed...'Nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles.'

Well....?

And show us all link to unbiased, factual proof that 'Americans love big cars always have and always will'?

And where exactly did I say that EV's even came close to non-EV's in sales?

LOL...you keep answering statements that I never made.

Last edited:

What does it mean?

This thread reminds me of those who mocked personal computers in the 1980s.

What does it mean?

This thread reminds me of those who mocked personal computers in the 1980s.

I don't remember $7500 subsidies on TRS-80s.........

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

And show us all link to unbiased, factual proof that 'Americans love big cars always have and always will'?

As usual the poorly educated self defined conservatives use lies, damn lies and statistics to convince them self of their narrative biases.

Left out of Kook's response, and a lie by omission, is the number of F-150's built by Ford, and the number of all electric cars available in the market. And the number of F-150's which are not used as commuter vehicles, but for commercial and recreational use.

It is an example of Kook's Apple and Antelope comparison, as if they are similar and not very much different. Some people call that from of logic, magical thinking.

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

Well s0n.... I can't help you if you don't have the ability to think on the margin. I presented the sales figures.... most people can think on the margin and understand fully what 150,000 total sales means relative to the millions of sales of conventional vehicles. Duh....

It means, quite simply, nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles....the 2 door Specks!!

Americans have been in love with their big vehicles for 75 years!!

:spinner:https://www.quora.com/Why-do-many-A...er-than-small-ones-which-cause-less-pollution :spinner:

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

Well s0n.... I can't help you if you don't have the ability to think on the margin. I presented the sales figures.... most people can think on the margin and understand fully what 150,000 total sales means relative to the millions of sales of conventional vehicles. Duh....

It means, quite simply, nobody wants those faggy electric vehicles....the 2 door Specks!!

:spinner:https://www.quora.com/Why-do-many-A...er-than-small-ones-which-cause-less-pollution :spinner:

The reader might like to review post #50, as a rebuttal to Kook's fantasy.

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

And probably at some point, light trucks will be powered without hydrocarbons too.

Your argument is very silly. It's tantamount to mocking those who bought mobile phones when it cost $3 a minute to use one. "Cell phones are too expensive. Look at all the landlines in homes." That's what you sound like, old man.

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

And yet again you dodged my incredibly simple questions.

Here they are again...

How can 400,000 Americans put down a deposit for a Tesla 3 when 'nobody wants' EV's?

Well....?

And show us all link(s) to unbiased, factual proof that 'Americans love big cars always have and always will'?

Last edited:

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

As usual the poorly educated self defined conservatives use lies, damn lies and statistics to convince them self of their narrative biases.

Left out of Kook's response, and a lie by omission, is the number of F-150's built by Ford, and the number of all electric cars available in the market. And the number of F-150's which are not used as commuter vehicles, but for commercial and recreational use.

It is an example of Kook's Apple and Antelope comparison, as if they are similar and not very much different. Some people call that from of logic, magical thinking.

Fake?

I just popped up the sales figures for the Ford Focus from 2017. Just the Ford Focus......:cul2:.... more sold than all EV sales combined.

Combined s0n :2up::113:

Magical indeed!

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

Notice how they completely ignore my databased post #37?

I need my V8 gas vehicle to tow my gas powered boat and snowmobiles.
Feel free to drive electric, I will use your share.

Well, what can I say? I must be the asshole here!

Responding to the same people who put up statistics of the mega growth of solar power implying that it is dominating! Clearly, electric vehicles are dominating the car market as well.:flirtysmile4:

LOL...Hello!?!

Well....?

Here they are again...

Well....?

Notice how they completely ignore my databased post #37?

What did I tell you about this place?:eusa_dance::eusa_dance: = why the Second Amendment is one certainty in life!!

Forum List

Back