Americans likely to be barred when Europe reopens its borders

You should have made it best of 3. Brussels and Bruges are nice and the beer is world class. But Portugal is amazing especially if you like seafood and stuff.

Portugal is definitely on the short list. I want to go to Nazare, home to just about the largest surfable waves on the planet. I'm not at all interested in getting in the water, but the photo ops would be awesome. I also have friends who live there...

Spain and Italy are fantastic too.

I spent a little over a week in Italy last year. I stayed in Rome but visited Pompei, Amalfi, Florence, Pescara, Anguilar Sabazia and Terni. I loved hitting the smaller towns which had almost zero tourist presence. This often resulted in communication being a bit more difficult (for instance, my lunch still had eyes), but that just added to the whole thing.

We want to get to Spain and, since we can't do a European trip this year, we may do two next year. If we do, Spain will definitely be one of them...

You should have made it best of 3. Brussels and Bruges are nice and the beer is world class. But Portugal is amazing especially if you like seafood and stuff.

Portugal is definitely on the short list. I want to go to Nazare, home to just about the largest surfable waves on the planet. I'm not at all interested in getting in the water, but the photo ops would be awesome. I also have friends who live there...
If you get time then head north to Porto. Its an amazing city. We also visited Braga but didnt have much time there. Will go back one day.

Spain and Italy are fantastic too.

I spent a little over a week in Italy last year. I stayed in Rome but visited Pompei, Amalfi, Florence, Pescara, Anguilar Sabazia and Terni. I loved hitting the smaller towns which had almost zero tourist presence. This often resulted in communication being a bit more difficult (for instance, my lunch still had eyes), but that just added to the whole thing.

We want to get to Spain and, since we can't do a European trip this year, we may do two next year. If we do, Spain will definitely be one of them...
Spain is incredible.

Forum List

Back