Americans becoming less tolerant of LGBT's ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Probably just sick and tired of with all the Gay news over the last several years.

Tolerance takes a hit: Americans less accepting of LGBT people in 2017, survey shows

For the first time in four years, Americans are less accepting of LGBT people, a survey finds — a setback activists say is stunning but not unexpected after a turbulent 2017.

Fewer than half of non-LGBT adults — 49% — said they were “very” or “somewhat” comfortable around LGBT people in certain scenarios, according to the Accelerating Acceptance report released Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. That number was down from 53% in 2016.

The survey, conducted by The Harris Poll on behalf of LGBT media advocacy group GLAAD, reflects an about-face from positive momentum reflected in polls GLAAD has commissioned since 2014.

“We are surprised at the scale and the swiftness” in the erosion of tolerance in the course of one year, Sarah Kate Ellis, GLAAD president and CEO, told USA TODAY. “But if you are LGBT and living in America, you are seeing this every day.”

Tolerance takes a hit: Americans less accepting of LGBT people in 2017, survey shows

This idea that I require some sort of acceptance from people I’ve never met and don’t care about is absurdly arrogant. We have the love and support of my family and friends. The rest can get bent for all I care.

Probably just sick and tired of with all the Gay news over the last several years.

For the first time in four years, Americans are less accepting of LGBT people, a survey finds — a setback activists say is stunning but not unexpected after a turbulent 2017.

Fewer than half of non-LGBT adults — 49% — said they were “very” or “somewhat” comfortable around LGBT people in certain scenarios, according to the Accelerating Acceptance report released Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. That number was down from 53% in 2016.

The survey, conducted by The Harris Poll on behalf of LGBT media advocacy group GLAAD, reflects an about-face from positive momentum reflected in polls GLAAD has commissioned since 2014.

“We are surprised at the scale and the swiftness” in the erosion of tolerance in the course of one year, Sarah Kate Ellis, GLAAD president and CEO, told USA TODAY. “But if you are LGBT and living in America, you are seeing this every day.”

I think Americans are becoming less tolerant of liberals in general.

This idea that I require some sort of acceptance from people I’ve never met and don’t care about is absurdly arrogant. We have the love and support of my family and friends. The rest can get bent for all I care.

Yes, but Gays have always shown a huge concern for being accepted.

I think we thought maybe these freaks would become somewhat normal, but they still are having their pride parades dressing in skimpy outfits in front of children and decent people or parading around as satanic transvestites teaching 1st graders the joy of anal sex. Fuck them. Send these perverts all back into the closet where they belong.

If you're gay and act straight and normal then I say good for you. Be an example to your fellow homos.

Could be true. It's human nature to get defensive and negative when people are screamed at and accused of being something they are not.

As they have on other issues, SJW's have turned people off with their constant attacks and unfair accusations.

I'd guess that many Americans really don't give a shit one way or the other on this topic, but they're tired of being lectured and accused.

Pushback. Part of the reason we have this guy in the White House.

Last edited:
Fags deserve everything they get. Aids included

-Geaux
I think that choosing that life style comes with the baggage that will always be attached as long as there is organized religion. If you choose that lifestyle I think you should expect and accept the consequences of your choice.

Now that republicans can’t stop them from getting married or from visiting loved ones dying in hospitals, it’s no wonder sympathy for them is down. They are less discriminated against than ever. Still a ways to go though.

People tend to rebel when something is shoved down their throats...
Oh what was shoved down your throat, retard?

Same sex couples and interracial couples are now the majority of personal relationships depicted in the media. It is not surprising that people have had a gut full of being told what to accept and what to reject. The majority of the public is "white supremacist" or "Heteronormative". They are making their displeasure known in a myriad of ways.

And that is fine for you. What isn't fine is insisting that I agree with the practice or am labeled a phobe.
If you can do whatever you want, I can approve or disapprove of what ever I want without being attacked for a difference of opinion. Don't care who you sleep with. Do care that you parade down city streets with your shit hanging out in front of children. And would feel exactly the same if hetero paraded around with their shit hanging out.
Who you sleep with is none of my business. Please keep it that way.

Last edited:
Now that republicans can’t stop them from getting married or from visiting loved ones dying in hospitals, it’s no wonder sympathy for them is down. They are less discriminated against than ever. Still a ways to go though.

The universal UN agenda of accepting homosexuality as normal, dumb ass.

The universal UN agenda of accepting homosexuality as normal, dumb ass.
Yeah it affects your pitiful life so much, I bet. :rolleyes:

Trash

I think Americans are becoming less tolerant of liberals in general.

Well Americans are becoming less tolerant of liberals who tolerate institutionalized child abuse: Stanford University CA: A Liberal Science Institution's Split Personality FAIL

Apparently, TheOldFool thinks that severe sexual abuse of children is funny. Why do I not find this surprising?
Hey inbred trash, having good parents is not child abuse. GFY

Forum List

Back