Americans Aren’t Fit Enough To Fight

Wat?! Why? How 'bout freeze tag?

It apparently makes the slow kids,see fat,feel bad when they run around the playground sweating and are "it" for the whole thirty minutes.
Of course in the wisdom of our liberal ran schools they fail to see that overweight Tommy might actually become normal weight Tommy with some fucken excercise.

True story, I have two friends, one's son would be considered "overweight" the other is skinny like his dad was.

I used to take them on long, quick-paced bike rides. The big boy could hang, the smaller one could not. We'd have to stop and wait for him. Some people are just bigger. :dunno:

Although nowadays it seems a much higher percentage of people are "bigger" than there used to be. :whatsign:

I forget where I read it so this may not be accurate, but I remember reading that a shockingly high percentage of those in the military had never even been in so much as a fist fight before joining the service. What does that say (if true)?

Most kids join for the GI bill and never expect to go to war.
Sometimes they draw the short straw.
The only reason I never joined is there was never a war that I actually felt like I was needed being born in 65.
...my dad said he joined the USMC reserves so he could play basketball--I never got the details on that-
...well--in 1950 they sent him to Korea where it got down to 30 below 0....he got hit ...recovered and went back to Korea

a lot of men join up never thinking--realistically--that they will go to combat

I could have joined with relative certainty that I wouldnt have ended up going to the big shootout.
But by the time I was twenty I was well into my career and had no need for the GI bill.
The only thing that would have made me join would have been if my Country absolutely needed me.

...we had ''fat bodies'' in USMC boot camp...they had to wear an FB tag....they got certain chow and I guess not as much...I think they called the tag ''half rat'' for half rations..something like that
...there were also the skinnys--although I forgot what we called them...they had a tag and got extra chow
...we had one guy I traveled with from my city and he was a fatty
..at the end of boot camp he was much thinner...
...it's been a long time since then, and I forgot a lot--but I remember him in his Alpha uniform looking very trim

I don't know about this. Ever see those fat people running and fighting on Black Friday? Tell them there is a free TV or Quarter Pounder and who knows what they are capable of.

Last edited:

It apparently makes the slow kids,see fat,feel bad when they run around the playground sweating and are "it" for the whole thirty minutes.
Of course in the wisdom of our liberal ran schools they fail to see that overweight Tommy might actually become normal weight Tommy with some fucken excercise.

True story, I have two friends, one's son would be considered "overweight" the other is skinny like his dad was.

I used to take them on long, quick-paced bike rides. The big boy could hang, the smaller one could not. We'd have to stop and wait for him. Some people are just bigger. :dunno:

Although nowadays it seems a much higher percentage of people are "bigger" than there used to be. :whatsign:

Bigger can mean more muscle mass.
When I look at kids today I dont see that.
And even thin kids can be physically fit if they exercise.
Back in my cycling days I weighed around 170 at 5'9" and could easily ride 80 miles a day.
Of course I rode to work which was 15 miles each way.

Last edited:
Smear the queer. :eek:

Even tag is out these days.:gay:

Bigger can mean more muscle mass.
When I look at kids today I dont see that.
And even thin kids can be physically fit if they exercise.
Back in my cycling days I weighed around 170 at 5'9" and could easily ride 80 miles a day.
Of course I road to work which was 15 miles each way.

It was usually just a little outing, 10 miles or so.

A recent Heritage Foundation report found that, according to 2017 Pentagon data, “71 percent of young Americans between 17 and 24 are ineligible to serve in the United States military.” Nearly one-third of those young Americans are too overweight for military service.

As reported, 24 million people in that range simply can't serve because they're too fat.

And you leftists make a big thing about our president not being able to serve for a REAL medical reason that he had no control over. In case you think our president faked it:

Bone spurs typically occur because of continued stress or rubbing of a bone for a prolonged period of time. This can be due to osteoarthritis or inflammation such as tendinitis. Normally there is a layer of cartilage along the edges of bones where they come together to form a joint. With osteoarthritis, this cartilage layer becomes worn away, and the bones can rub directly against each other. New bone forms in response to the stress or inflammation. It is the bone's method of trying to stabilize or protect itself.

But, getting back to the OP:

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas are where most recruits come from. And, a Citadel study found that recruits from those states are 22 percent to 28 percent more likely to be injured, with each recruit lost to injury estimated to cost the Department of Defense approximately $31,000

All because we don't allow our children to really play anymore. We can't let the poor little dears scrape their knees or, even worse, bruise their fragile egos. And even worse, they now spend all their time either texting instead of talking face-to-face or playing video games.

Will future generations need special braces or even electric carts to get from their electric junk to the fridge?

More of this sad story @ Are Young Americans Too Fat To Fight? The Army Thinks So

Childhood obesity is worse among 2-5 year olds @ Childhood obesity is worse among 2-5 year olds

Imagine the day when you think you need to use them there guns to fight the govt, and you give the gun to a bunch of fat kids who can't do anything with them.....

A recent Heritage Foundation report found that, according to 2017 Pentagon data, “71 percent of young Americans between 17 and 24 are ineligible to serve in the United States military.” Nearly one-third of those young Americans are too overweight for military service.

As reported, 24 million people in that range simply can't serve because they're too fat.

And you leftists make a big thing about our president not being able to serve for a REAL medical reason that he had no control over. In case you think our president faked it:

Bone spurs typically occur because of continued stress or rubbing of a bone for a prolonged period of time. This can be due to osteoarthritis or inflammation such as tendinitis. Normally there is a layer of cartilage along the edges of bones where they come together to form a joint. With osteoarthritis, this cartilage layer becomes worn away, and the bones can rub directly against each other. New bone forms in response to the stress or inflammation. It is the bone's method of trying to stabilize or protect itself.

But, getting back to the OP:

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas are where most recruits come from. And, a Citadel study found that recruits from those states are 22 percent to 28 percent more likely to be injured, with each recruit lost to injury estimated to cost the Department of Defense approximately $31,000

All because we don't allow our children to really play anymore. We can't let the poor little dears scrape their knees or, even worse, bruise their fragile egos. And even worse, they now spend all their time either texting instead of talking face-to-face or playing video games.

Will future generations need special braces or even electric carts to get from their electric junk to the fridge?

More of this sad story @ Are Young Americans Too Fat To Fight? The Army Thinks So

Childhood obesity is worse among 2-5 year olds @ Childhood obesity is worse among 2-5 year olds

Imagine the day when you think you need to use them there guns to fight the govt, and you give the gun to a bunch of fat kids who can't do anything with them.....

No worries. The fit soldiers will be on our side. Hell,even the fat ones swore an oath to our Constitution.

Since basic is not that long, how will that be possible?
I've seen obese men come out of boot camp fit as a fiddle only to gain it back when they get to their predictable sit on your butt duty station...the big boys should be kept in infantry after boot camp to continue their new way of life...

The Army doesn't have too many of those anymore. They seem to do PT even if they are desk jockeys from what I have seen.

It is sad to think that I was one of the last ones to get through before the wussification happened. I played damn near every game there was during recess and got into many many fights while the teachers mostly let me do it. I literally watched all of it being wiped out as my younger sisters went to the same school a few years later.

Every single male in their early 20s or younger is either a gay bodybuilder or an effeminate tub of lard who is supposedly straight. disgraceful

It is sad to think that I was one of the last ones to get through before the wussification happened. I played damn near every game there was during recess and got into many many fights while the teachers mostly let me do it. I literally watched all of it being wiped out as my younger sisters went to the same school a few years later.

Every single male in their early 20s or younger is either a gay bodybuilder or an effeminate tub of lard who is supposedly straight. disgraceful

Yep...
I went through high school in the early eighties here in Texas and we still had guns in the back windows of trucks in the school parking lot.
And this was in one of the top school districts in the state.

Our Country is fucked if we cant get that type of Community back.

Yep...
I went through high school in the early eighties here in Texas and we still had guns in the back windows of trucks in the school parking lot.

It exist where I live, not to sure why your neck of the woods ain't like that..

Yep...

It exist where I live, not to sure why your neck of the woods ain't like that..

When Katy tx got swallowed up by Houston things went to shit.

Ending the Draft created too many Americans who have no understanding of Honor, Duty and Country.

Never saw Kelly's Heroes? Just tell them there's $16 million in gold in a bank behind Russian lines.

Never saw Kelly's Heroes? Just tell them there's $16 million in gold in a bank behind Russian lines.

There you go again with them negative waves!

My favorite part of that movie is when he tells Moriarity, "now go on, get back down in your hole". That whole movie is masterpiece. And the point to the OP people are never ready for military service. Fat, skinny, 98% of humans aren't out running ten miles with an 80lb pack on their back every day.

Forum List

Back