American Terrorism

"The year 1974 marked a key turning point for Kuwait's oil industry. During that year Kuwait implemented the democratic will of its people and acquired 60% of KOC from BP and Gulf Oil. In addition, the Supreme Petroleum Council was formed to oversee the country's oil interests. The following year, the Ministry of Oil was established in its own right, separate from the Ministry of Finance. The private sector's 40% of KNPC was acquired, followed by the remaining 40% of KOC. In 1976, the government acquired all of PIC and 49% of KOTC. In 1977, the Mina Abdullah refinery was acquired from AMINOIL. With the acquisition in 1979 of the remaining 51% of KOTC, the four major operating companies - KOC, KNPC, KOTC and PIC - were fully under State control. For the first time in history, the major elements of Kuwait's oil industry were in the hands of its people."

http://www.kpc.com.kw/www/h_default.htm

http://www.state.gov/p/nea/ci/c2400.htm
Read up on Kuwait. Notice that British Petroleum owns half of Kuwaiti Oil company. Gosh I wonder why Margaret Thatcher insisted on the first Gulf War.

Since I was IN Kuwait more than a few times, and the First Gulf War, you can bet your ass I've "read up" on it.

Are you trying to sham everyone by making them think you are providing a link to something that supports your argument when it's nothing but a map of Kuwait?

Saddam invaded Kuwait and Kuwait came to the US for help. We in turn enlisted the UN and most Arab nations to support us.

Get a grip.

As you can see from my previous post, Taomon, you stopped reading when you saw what you wanted to see. BP owned a joint interest in KPC in 1934, when the company was formed.

That was no longer the case well before the first gulf war.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Since I was IN Kuwait more than a few times, and the First Gulf War, you can bet your ass I've "read up" on it.

Are you trying to sham everyone by making them think you are providing a link to something that supports your argument when it's nothing but a map of Kuwait?

Saddam invaded Kuwait and Kuwait came to the US for help. We in turn enlisted the UN and most Arab nations to support us.

Get a grip.

No, the State department site has links to detailed info. Kuwait did not ask for help, Britain did.

Had we done the right thing we would have waited for a Security Council Resolution to attack Iraq - instead we went to war without the proper legal approval.

You get a grip sir

"The year 1974 marked a key turning point for Kuwait's oil industry. During that year Kuwait implemented the democratic will of its people and acquired 60% of KOC from BP and Gulf Oil. In addition, the Supreme Petroleum Council was formed to oversee the country's oil interests. The following year, the Ministry of Oil was established in its own right, separate from the Ministry of Finance. The private sector's 40% of KNPC was acquired, followed by the remaining 40% of KOC. In 1976, the government acquired all of PIC and 49% of KOTC. In 1977, the Mina Abdullah refinery was acquired from AMINOIL. With the acquisition in 1979 of the remaining 51% of KOTC, the four major operating companies - KOC, KNPC, KOTC and PIC - were fully under State control. For the first time in history, the major elements of Kuwait's oil industry were in the hands of its people."

http://www.kpc.com.kw/www/h_default.htm

How horribly inconvenient! Damn the facts anyway!

No, the State department site has links to detailed info. Kuwait did not ask for help, Britain did.

Had we done the right thing we would have waited for a Security Council Resolution to attack Iraq - instead we went to war without the proper legal approval.

You get a grip sir

Bad news for you...the UN does not run this country nor have the power to approve a declaration of war for this nation. That would be power reserved for the Congress.

You are all over the place ... again ... and making no sense ... again.

Saddam gassed Kurds. This proves the US is a terrorist state.:cuckoo:

Saddam gassed Kurds when he was our ally and he gassed Kurds while we stood and watched when the Gulf War was barely over.

He used gas that we sold him.

Yes, that makes us evil.

Ummm ... no. A site labeled "antiwar" is not an unbiased source of information.

But it's probably where YOU get yours from.:rolleyes:

I agree with you but I still looked at the web site’s article. It suggests that an alleged witness lied to congress about atrocities committed by Iraqi soldiers. It also says that the invasion of Kuwait was not very bloody.

Even if the article is completely accurate, I think that the “first Iraq War” was justified. In a sense, Iraq took Kuwait and we made Iraq put it back.

Saddam gassed Kurds when he was our ally and he gassed Kurds while we stood and watched when the Gulf War was barely over.

He used gas that we sold him.

Yes, that makes us evil.

I bet you will be glad when you graduate from school. I just have to ask: What grade did you receive for that paper you wrote?

You get a grip sir

Iraqi forces invade Kuwait August 2 after Kuwait refuses demands by President Saddam Hussein that she pay compensation for allegedly drilling oil on Iraqi territory, cede disputed land, reduce oil output, and raise prices. Kuwait has rebuffed Iraqi demands that she forgive $15 billion in loans extended during the Iraq-Iran war. The Bush administration has told Saddam Hussein that it has no treaty obligation to defend Kuwait and would not take sides (Saddam has interpreted remarks by U.S. ambassador to Iraq April Gillespie that Washington would not oppose him), but Washington, Moscow, Tokyo, London, Teheran, and Beijing unite in denouncing his move and the United Nations Security Council votes 13 to 0 August 6 to impose economic sanctions (Yemen and Cuba abstain). Iraq masses troops on the border of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh agrees to receive U.S. ground and air forces. President Bush says Iraq's aggression "will not stand" and dispatches forces to Saudi Arabia August 7, risking his presidency. Iraq annexes Kuwait August 8 and proceeds to loot the country; Egypt, Syria, Morocco, and nine other Arab states vote August 10 to oppose Iraq with military force; Saddam Hussein calls for a "holy war" against Westerners and Zionists, gaining wide popular support among Arabs; he holds more than 10,000 foreigners hostage beginning August 18 but permits women and children to leave August 29 and releases all the others by early December as the standoff continues. Kuwait's billionaire emir Sheik Jaber al-Ahmed al-Sabah, 64, has narrowly escaped capture and fled to Saudi Arabia; he addresses the United Nations General Assembly September 27, urging it to stand by the sanctions it has imposed. His relatives have acted swiftly to keep Kuwaiti funds abroad out of Saddam Hussein's hands. Bush ups the ante November 8 (2 days after the elections), committing far more U.S. forces to "Operation Desert Shield," but popular opposition grows to launching any offensive action (see 1991).

Iraq's Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, refused to withdraw, and brought the United Nations down on his head.
The United Nations Security Council votes November 29 to authorize members to use all necessary force to expel Iraqi forces from Kuwait if they remain there after January 15, the first such resolution since the Korean conflict in 1950. President Bush reverses his position November 30 and agrees to talks with Saddam Hussein and his foreign minister.

http://www.enotes.com/peoples-chronology/year-1990

Try again. Kuwait went to the UN.

Bad news for you...the UN does not run this country nor have the power to approve a declaration of war for this nation. That would be power reserved for the Congress.

Wrong, we are not a rogue state. The UN is supposed to give authorization for military actions. Any country that acts unilaterly is a rogue state.

We invaded Panama, Saddam invaded Kuwait. What is the difference between the two? Well for one, we are citizens of America so we consider our own acts of terrorism to be justified because we are somehow the better person (collectively).

But anyone else acting in the same manner, that doesn't suit our interests, is demonized. For example, Israel. They invaded Pakistan and Lebabon and they attack civilians daily. Yet we side with Israel and demonize Pakistan and Lebanon.

What if America was invaded by China? We would all commit to guerilla warfare I am sure. That would be deemed terrorist attacks to the Chinese, but in our eyes we would be considered national heros.

But the tables are turned in Iraq, Lebanon, and Pakistan where we or our ally is the aggressor and the insurgency is a brown Muslim.

Forum List

Back