American Terrorism

I bet you will be glad when you graduate from school. I just have to ask: What grade did you receive for that paper you wrote?

I received an A. That was a speech class and part of my bachelor's program. I am switching schools so that will set me back a bit.

Yes, I cannot wait to graduate.

He used gas that we sold him.

OOPS!

"By far, the largest suppliers of precursors for chemical weapons production were in Singapore (4,515 tons), the Netherlands (4,261 tons), Egypt (2,400 tons), India (2,343 tons), and West Germany (1,027 tons). One Indian company, Exomet Plastics (now part of EPC Industrie) sent 2,292 tons of precursor chemicals to Iraq. The Kim Al-Khaleej firm, located in Singapore and affiliated to United Arab Emirates, supplied more than 4,500 tons of VX, sarin, and mustard gas precursors and production equipment to Iraq.[4]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_poison_gas_attack

I guess you and your friends have lots of evil company!

Wrong. If I sell you a gun and you murder someone with it, that makes YOU evil, not me.

Unless you sold it to me knowing that I was a psycho and that people would definetly be killed by it

OOPS!

"By far, the largest suppliers of precursors for chemical weapons production were in Singapore (4,515 tons), the Netherlands (4,261 tons), Egypt (2,400 tons), India (2,343 tons), and West Germany (1,027 tons). One Indian company, Exomet Plastics (now part of EPC Industrie) sent 2,292 tons of precursor chemicals to Iraq. The Kim Al-Khaleej firm, located in Singapore and affiliated to United Arab Emirates, supplied more than 4,500 tons of VX, sarin, and mustard gas precursors and production equipment to Iraq.[4]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_poison_gas_attack

I guess you and your friends have lots of evil company!
So who posted that data to wikipedia, Paul Wolfowitz?

Unless you sold it to me knowing that I was a psycho and that people would definetly be killed by it

And I doubt you want to make the assinine assumption that the US had no idea that Saddam was going to harm people with that gas.

I agree with you but I still looked at the web site’s article. It suggests that an alleged witness lied to congress about atrocities committed by Iraqi soldiers. It also says that the invasion of Kuwait was not very bloody.

Even if the article is completely accurate, I think that the “first Iraq War” was justified. In a sense, Iraq took Kuwait and we made Iraq put it back.

The article is not accurate. The witness who testified before Congress told the truth.

I was there.

Wrong, we are not a rogue state. The UN is supposed to give authorization for military actions. Any country that acts unilaterly is a rogue state.

We invaded Panama, Saddam invaded Kuwait. What is the difference between the two? Well for one, we are citizens of America so we consider our own acts of terrorism to be justified because we are somehow the better person (collectively).

But anyone else acting in the same manner, that doesn't suit our interests, is demonized. For example, Israel. They invaded Pakistan and Lebabon and they attack civilians daily. Yet we side with Israel and demonize Pakistan and Lebanon.

What if America was invaded by China? We would all commit to guerilla warfare I am sure. That would be deemed terrorist attacks to the Chinese, but in our eyes we would be considered national heros.

But the tables are turned in Iraq, Lebanon, and Pakistan where we or our ally is the aggressor and the insurgency is a brown Muslim.

We are an autonomous nation, no matter what you left-wingnuts dream up. There is no One World Order yet.

But anyone else acting in the same manner, that doesn't suit our interests, is demonized. For example, Israel. They invaded Pakistan and Lebabon and they attack civilians daily. Yet we side with Israel and demonize Pakistan and Lebanon.
Israel invaded Pakistan. Now this why nobody takes anything you say seriously. Israel has never invaded Pakistan. You obviously do know squat...so sit back and learn something from these vets and show a little humility.

Wrong, we are not a rogue state. The UN is supposed to give authorization for military actions. Any country that acts unilaterly is a rogue state.

Horse crap. I have read the Constitution of this country many times as well as the charter of the UN. I have never seen any document that subverts the soveriegnty of this nation or any other to the UN.

We invaded Panama, Saddam invaded Kuwait. What is the difference between the two? Well for one, we are citizens of America so we consider our own acts of terrorism to be justified because we are somehow the better person (collectively).

Dang, now that "we" own Panama "we' can go through the canal for free! Oh wait, "we" don't own Panama...how the heck did that happen?

Absolutely correct!

What if America was invaded by China? We would all commit to guerilla warfare I am sure. That would be deemed terrorist attacks to the Chinese, but in our eyes we would be considered national heros.

I am not so sure "we" would all commit to guerilla warfare. I would but then I own guns and have no reservations about using them.

But the tables are turned in Iraq, Lebanon, and Pakistan where we or our ally is the aggressor and the insurgency is a brown Muslim.

I have to admit that your point of view is so very typical of a college student.

Israel invaded Pakistan. Now this why nobody takes anything you say seriously. Israel has never invaded Pakistan. You obviously do know squat...so sit back and learn something from these vets and show a little humility.

His cup runneth over, MasterChief. He's so busy knowing he doesn't hear a word.

The article is not accurate. The witness who testified before Congress told the truth.

I was there.

The witness was the neice of the ambassador. It was a fix. She lied for the Kuwaiti royal family.

Why did Saddam invade Kuwait? Do you know? Because of an ongoing border disagreement. Kuwait believed that they owned a larger patch of land than Saddam was contending. I don't know who is right or wrong on that, but the two countries had been claiming and reclaiming that land for years, sometimes militarily.

Saddam was doing what he always did, forcibily taking back what he believed was his. I don't condone Saddam. He was a monster and I am glad he is dead. But his death left his country in a vacuum because we had no contingency plan. We destroyed the infrastructure and now we are hostile occupiers.

So Saddam was demonized - The Kuwaiti's had a royal family member lie to Congress, Bush declared Saddam a demon and we wen to war without UN approval.

College student wasn't quite the word I was thinking ... :eusa_whistle:

Most college students are that as well. Since they are pampered and protected from the real world while they are in that environment, they have the luxury of being idealistic (and arrogant as well as ignorant).

We are an autonomous nation, no matter what you left-wingnuts dream up. There is no One World Order yet.

But there are International Laws that prevent countries from invading other countries. We are a rogue state because we do not care what the rest of the world says. We do as we say and what we say goes.

That is a dangerous toy and the wrong man is in charge of that now. In fact we have been steered in the wrong direction for decades, so my contention is that it is not the president that actually calls the shots. The Banks, the Pentagon, the CIA, and the military industrial complex pretty much steer policy. Lobbies for the big industries also control our legislative branches.

This is a fiefdom.

Taomon:

The first gulf war was authorized by the U.N.

The security council authorized it by a vote of 12 to 2 with China abstaining.

Are you aware of that?

What do you call the West Bank and the Gaza strip? These vets are brainwashed. They believe anything the Commander in Chief tells them because that is what the military conditioned them to do.

Smarten up dude.

I have to admit that your point of view is so very typical of a college student.

But not of a man who has seen, read, and heard enough in his life to realize what is happening?

Forum List

Back