American prisoner found innocent after 39 years behind bars

bianco

VIP Member
Aug 23, 2013
Sydney, Australia
American prisoner who was nearly executed found innocent after 39 years behind bars

American prisoner who was nearly executed found innocent after 39 years behind bars

A US prisoner who once faced execution has been cleared of doing anything wrong after spending 39 years of his life in prison.
Ricky Jackson from Ohio spent almost four decades in captivity until a key witness at his trial admitted this year that he had lied as a boy.

There was no other evidence linking the prisoner to the murder.

#####

Wonder how many others have been unjustly convicted...and actually execution-homicided by the state?
Quite a few, is my guess.
Prosecutors...baaah!
The justice system...baaah!
The death penalty/death row/premeditated cold-blooded killing of human beings by the state...BAAAH!

Actually, if you look into the statistics, it's quite a few that have been wrongly put in prison or put to death.

DNA has helped to free quite a few.

Too bad the justice system is biased against non white people.

Stories like this are why I gave up on being a proponent of the death penalty. There are simply too many stories where it comes out decades later that the evidence is flawed, witnesses lied, judges misruled, or prosecutors hid evidence to pretend that the state is responsible enough to have the power of life and death over criminals. I'd much rather every convicted murderer keep drawing breath on the taxpayer dime than put to death a single innocent man.

Stories like this are why I gave up on being a proponent of the death penalty. There are simply too many stories where it comes out decades later that the evidence is flawed, witnesses lied, judges misruled, or prosecutors hid evidence to pretend that the state is responsible enough to have the power of life and death over criminals. I'd much rather every convicted murderer keep drawing breath on the taxpayer dime than put to death a single innocent man.

Amen.

Forum List

Back