American hero: Joe Horn

I think Horn is a hero for standing up to criminals.
I think his neighbors expressed the greatest form of patriotism I have seen in my life time in not allowing black race baiters to condemn Americans for standing up for their civil rights to live free of criminal activity.

A person wants to break into a home, then they should have a fear of being killed. It's only fair!

If Horn had not been a male with white skin and wealthy, this would not have been national news. The racism and bigotry is disgusting!

Dude, you don't need to be allowed to own a firearm. Death is not the penalty in this nation for theft. If someone breaks into your home while you are in it, I can see your argument. If someone breaks in next door and you shoot them in the back for stealing something, you've committed murder.

Your racism angle is stretching it a bit far.

The Grand Jury justified American hero Joe Horn's actions!

Justice has been served! :eusa_clap:

Cold-blooded murder was committed, and people like you let the murderer off the hook.

I have a problem with both murderers AND irresponsible gun owners. You're so blinded by your glee over this you don't even see that this is just more ammo for the anit-gun crowd to use, and you can't really say a damned thing about it because in this case, they will be correct.

I don't like people like you or Horn endangering my right to own firearms I may need to use when my or someone else's life is actually in danger.

you don t speak for liberals, rav. I realize this news is earth shattering to you...

Ask Gunny what he'd do if he saw me climb out of his neighbors window and then charge into HIS yard at him.

If I saw you crawling out of my neighbor's house, and I was already in the yard and you STILL charged at me, THEN I would consider you a threat to my well-being and would take whatever steps necessary to defend myself.

However, that scenario is a bit misleading considering Horn went from inside to out. Even if I was to do that and try to hold you at gunpoint for the cops, if you ran, I would not shoot you in the back.

I can justify killing out of necessity. I cannot justify murdering thieves.

You ain't real bright, are you?

Ya think? I personally think WOW is a liberal plant sent to make conservatives and Republicans look like total idiots. He plays into just about every stereo type the left likes to throw around. Him and Mr. Horn would get along great I suspect. :beer:

Last edited:
He knew they were thieves, good enough for me.

Wow, this is one of the first posts of yours I have seen that I do not agree with. I am all for your right to kill in the name of self defense and all, but shooting people in the back because they are thieves? That is taking it a bit far, and I think it just adds fuel to the fire as far as those who would take our guns away from us.

Wow, this is one of the first posts of yours I have seen that I do not agree with. I am all for your right to kill in the name of self defense and all, but shooting people in the back because they are thieves? That is taking it a bit far, and I think it just adds fuel to the fire as far as those who would take our guns away from us.

It is past time to teach criminals and gangs that we will not tolerate them. Arresting them and running them through that revolving door we call justice is a waste of time.

In the late 1800's Arizona had an outbreak of severe crime. It lasted for months. The law was helpless. Nothing was getting done and it was getting worse. The people solved the problem. They formed vigilante groups and killed or drove out all or most all of the criminal element and when the new vigilante groups became to willing to replace the old gangs the law knew exactly who they were and shut them down.

Time we take the law into our own hands and solve some real problems without smarmy Lawyers and Liberal Judges releasing them back INTO our midst. Justice is blind alright, blind to crime.

Ya think? I personally think WOW is a liberal plant sent to make conservatives and Republicans look like total idiots. He plays into just about every stereo type the left likes to throw around. Him and Mr. Horn would get along great I suspect. :beer:

I often find myself suspecting that kind of thing about people claiming to be liberals or conservatives who seem to go out of their way to be rude and nasty and ignorant.

Agent provocateurs without a portfolio, methinks.

Lots of those on boards like these, I think, folks.

It is past time to teach criminals and gangs that we will not tolerate them. Arresting them and running them through that revolving door we call justice is a waste of time.

In the late 1800's Arizona had an outbreak of severe crime. It lasted for months. The law was helpless. Nothing was getting done and it was getting worse. The people solved the problem. They formed vigilante groups and killed or drove out all or most all of the criminal element and when the new vigilante groups became to willing to replace the old gangs the law knew exactly who they were and shut them down.

Time we take the law into our own hands and solve some real problems without smarmy Lawyers and Liberal Judges releasing them back INTO our midst. Justice is blind alright, blind to crime.

Agreed--people will only tolerate criminals walking freely in their midst for so long before the tire of police inaction and take action themselves. Our legal system is screwed. Criminals aren't afraid of the consequences. Many actually love prison.

RetiredGySgt wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote an article a few years back about vigilance, and self determination. Following is a segment from the article:
Gold was discovered in Alder Gulch, about 70 miles east of Bannack City, Montana Territory. As the community grew, miners from the town of Bannack hired a sheriff to protect their interests. Gold shipments were hijacked regularly. Stage coaches were being robbed, and people were shot and killed during the hold-ups. The new sheriff could not capture the persons responsible.

One of the local Mason members, William H. Bell, died, and at a gathering at the home of C. J. Miller, another local Mason, some of the member Masons began to discuss the robberies and murders occurring around Bannack. On the date 23 December 1863, twenty four members of the Masonic lodge met at the store of Mortimer and John Lott in Nevada City, and took an oath of secrecy as they organized a vigilance committee. They began a round-up of some of those suspected of the crimes, and as some were rounded up, others were implicated in the crimes; down to the sheriff and his deputies. The suspects were hung on the spot. The sheriff was apprehended with two of his deputies, and was led to a gallows that he had erected for criminals. It was said that he begged for his life, to which was replied that he would "get as good as he gave." He was hung on his own gallows along with his deputies. The original pledge, signed by the Masons, forming the vigilance committee, is in the Library of the State Historical Society in Helena, Montana.

I also wrote about Tom Horn, who worked as a scout with Al Sieber in bringing Geronimo onto the reservations. After that, he hired out his services to the Swan Land and Cattle Company of Wyoming as a "Stock Detective", where his services included finding out who was rustling the Companies cattle, and collect evidence to prosecute. When the prosecutions failed to subdue the rustlers, he began a crusade of "rustler elimination".

There is an excellent movie about Tom Horn, starring Steve McQueen. If you like action stories, pick this one up at the video store.

-

Last edited:
Yes and charging at him backwards right! :cuckoo:

You can dig up the facts for yourself. They charged him and was found in his yard. Perhaps they turned when they saw the gun he had BUT, by then, the threat to his person was already loud and clear..

well, not as loud and clear as a shotgun blast but...

You can dig up the facts for yourself. They charged him and was found in his yard. Perhaps they turned when they saw the gun he had BUT, by then, the threat to his person was already loud and clear..

well, not as loud and clear as a shotgun blast but...
Hahahaha Horns' response was much louder.

If I saw you crawling out of my neighbor's house, and I was already in the yard and you STILL charged at me, THEN I would consider you a threat to my well-being and would take whatever steps necessary to defend myself.

However, that scenario is a bit misleading considering Horn went from inside to out. Even if I was to do that and try to hold you at gunpoint for the cops, if you ran, I would not shoot you in the back.

I can justify killing out of necessity. I cannot justify murdering thieves.

Perhaps YOU would not have left your house and would have had no problem leting your neighbor get robbed. So be it.

BUT, regarding his interpretation of a threat WHILE OUTSIDE you say you'd do the same. If theives come rushing at you tell me how you know that they don't have a lethal weapon ready to kill the only witness to their crime? You'd say youd do what is necessary but that split second doesn't really allow time for reflection on how lethal these criminals MAY or MAY NOT be. Even if I charged you and saw your gun and tried to run I could STILL have a .44 for your ass. This wasn't murder. Joe Horn didn't initiate the criminal activity involved. Had they not charged at him they may still be alive today. but they did. A gesture of threat. Monday morning QB griping doesn't won't make the state of texas press charges. Like i've said, Id MUCH rather have horn as a neighbor than anyone in this thread who would rather let me get robbed in grand "well, it's not happening to me" fashion.

What are the odds that more criminals will scope out that neighborhood in the near future?

Where is the outcry to ban guns because of what Horn did? You dangle a misleading carrot.

And it's not "shooting in the back because they are thieves" so much as it is "Shotting in the back because the thieving bastard rushed at him in a threatening manner when they saw him, enough to get into his yard, and only turned when they SAW HE WAS ARMED".

Where is the outcry to ban guns because of what Horn did? You dangle a misleading carrot.

And it's not "shooting in the back because they are thieves" so much as it is "Shotting in the back because the thieving bastard rushed at him in a threatening manner when they saw him, enough to get into his yard, and only turned when they SAW HE WAS ARMED".
Slam Dunk! :lol:

Give it a rest. You can listen to the tape, he was safely in his home drooling over the chance to kill someone. The guy is a psychopath.

You people would have HUNG this man for making dodge city safe.George Hoy shooting

In the summer of 1878, Texas cowboy George Hoy, after an altercation with Wyatt, returned with friends and fired into the Comique variety hall, outside of which stood police officers Wyatt Earp and Jim Masterson. Inside the theater, a great number of .45 bullets penetrated the plank building easily, sending Doc Holliday, Bat Masterson, comedian Eddie Foy and many others instantly to the floor. Masterson, Foy, and the National Police Gazette later all gave accounts of the damage to the building and danger to those inside, but no one was hurt. (Foy noted that a new suit, which remained hanging up, had three bullet holes in it.) The lawmen, both inside and outside the building, returned fire, and Hoy was shot from his horse as he rode away, with a severe wound to the arm. A month later, he died of the wound. Whose bullet struck Hoy is unknown, but Earp claimed the shot. James Masterson, a gunman in his own right and the lesser known brother to Bat Masterson, was standing with Earp during the shootout, and many believed it was actually his shot that downed Hoy.
Wyatt Earp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wyatt_Earp.jpg

Too bad that's a lie. They never rushed him. He had no business leaving his house to confront them, actually, once the 911 operator told him not to.

But he couldn't wait to kill himself a couple of mexicans.

And THAT'S why the grand jury didn't address it properly, despite the fact that you can indict a ham sandwich.

And if you have any evidence that's not distorted that says they rushed him, do provide it. (other loonies don't count... something reliable... thanks.)

Forum List

Back