American bomb dogs aren't actually bomb dogs; they're just dogs

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
The State Department's inspector general says bomb-sniffing dogs used in Afghanistan and Iraq aren't being tested properly and may not be able to effectively detect explosives.
In a report released Friday, the inspector general said its review found that the companies hired to supply and train the dogs weren't testing them for all of the scents of the most commonly encountered explosives

Report says U.S. bomb-sniffing dogs are poorly trained - U.S. Military | All about American forces, Afghanistan, Iraq - Salon.com

Not terribly surprised, reminds me of the article recently about how many of the "translators" in Afghanistan and Iraq actually couldn't translate the language.

• Banned
Have we heard of any competent contractors yet?

Maybe we should stop hiring private firms to do our military's job? I'm willing to bet that if our own forces were doing the job, they'd want to make damned sure the dog they were training to cover their own asses was trained the right way.

Have we heard of any competent contractors yet?

Maybe we should stop hiring private firms to do our military's job? I'm willing to bet that if our own forces were doing the job, they'd want to make damned sure the dog they were training to cover their own asses was trained the right way.

Certainly sound logic to me. One of the worst things we've ever done in Afghanistan and Iraq is hire private firms to do our job. These private firms can and have done some heinous things in many cases which have damaged relations between our soldiers and the civilians in these countries because they're left holding the bag so to speak having to explain all the damage that was done and repair it.

• Banned
See, I knew you were a communist.

Clearly, the real problem is regulation. If we deregulate the contractors, competition between them will lead to the best company offering the best services at the lowest cost. We just need to get the government and Democrat regulation out of the war and let capitalism run ts course.

see, i knew you were a communist.

Clearly, the real problem is regulation. If we deregulate the contractors, competition between them will lead to the best company offering the best services at the lowest cost. We just need to get the government and democrat regulation out of the war and let capitalism run ts course.

$brilliant.jpg

:lol:

Forum List

Back