America is on track to admit the fewest refugees in four decades

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Keeping his promise I suppose.

America is on track to admit the fewest refugees in four decades

In his first week in office, Donald Trump hastily signed a travel ban, suspending all refugee admissions for 120 days, which plunged travellers’ plans into chaos and triggered mass protests. The travel ban has been withdrawn and resuscitated several times in response to legal challenges. Its third incarnation, which is still in effect, will be challenged before the Supreme Court next week. It has already had a drastic impact on refugee admissions.

JmXzE.gif

Under American law, the executive branch has nearly complete authority over refugee policy. With minimal involvement from Congress, the president can set a cap on the annual number of refugees admitted. Mr Trump, for example, has set this cap to 45,000—the lowest ever—though the actual number will be less than half that. So long as the White House does not articulate a policy of explicit exclusion, the chances of a successful court challenge are low. “They’ve clearly found a legal way to enforce the Muslim ban,” says Mark Hetfield, the president of HIAS, a refugee-resettlement agency. “They’ve realised that they can turn up the security vetting and keep everyone out.”

So even if the Dems win one of the Chambers, Donnie "Tangerine" Trump can still control the numbers.

It goes hand in hand with cutting EPA regulations.

For every immigrant that we refuse to let in we can cut a regulation because
the quality of air will not be affected.

Excellent. Now let's take the next step and push for the Middle East especially the Gulf States to be the solution. Safe zones need to be setup there not 8 thousand miles away in a Western culture the refugees reject.

Refugee numbers are controlled by the President. Not immigration numbers. I believe that is set by an act of Congress. The Immigration and Naturalization Act?

Damn, you all are a bunch of entitled assholes. A little ego check seems much needed here

Damn, you all are a bunch of entitled assholes. A little ego check seems much needed here

Go fuck yourself bed wetter.

Let the euroweenies take in all the mid-east refugees. They're the ones who colonized that shit hole, arbitrarily drew borders, and then ended up abandoning the place.

Or just go "co-exist" with those fuckers yourself.

I agree there should be more refugees... in Venezuela. Perhaps you could apply? With any luck butthurt constitutes a good enough reason, I mean they are crazed leftists after all...

You seem upset.
No, I’m having a great day. I don’t let other people opinions effect my mood, especially strangers. It is rather sad and disappointing though to see some of the sentiments expressed on this board though.

By all means tell us how many refugees you would let in, there's billions of poor people in the world who would love to come here so how many 1 billion? 2 billion? Pick a number. I love when the bleeding hearts step on this bear trap.

Forum List

Back