America is Finished

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
I figured Barack Obama was a passing fad. Sure,he had that "first black president" thing going so naturally he was going to win the first time. Second time, a fluke from massive black turnout in key states. But this was surely the GOP's time. We started the campaign with the best bench of candidates I've seen in some time. Sober serious men who understood politics and had a record of achievement. Governors, senators, whatever. In past years we would have picked the best of these.
Instead we've gotten a barbarian. An outsider with no political experience. Ross Perot with a bad combover and attitude. Someone who combines the humility of Obama with the warmth of Adolph Hitler and the integrity of Hillary Clinton. But he is liked because he is a reality star. Because he has an image. We will nominate an image for the GOP. And whether Drumpf wins or loses the gOP is done. Maybe it was past its expiration date anyway.
We are long past the time for reasoned discussion here. We are past relying on facts and arguments. I see it here. Someone points out something about Trump, is challenged, proves it, adn the contention is dismissed anyway. The Dem side is no better. They are nominating someone who ought to be in prison and who changes her position more often than her Depends.
Political discourse is dead. Values are dead. The incivility we've seen at Trump rallies and other places means it will never come back. America is reduced to a mean, squabbling jealous collection of tribes.

Quit whining. Trump is exactly what fox and right wing radio has been demanding for a long time. You asked for crazy, you got crazy. ENjoy it bitch.

I figured Barack Obama was a passing fad. Sure,he had that "first black president" thing going so naturally he was going to win the first time. Second time, a fluke from massive black turnout in key states. But this was surely the GOP's time. We started the campaign with the best bench of candidates I've seen in some time. Sober serious men who understood politics and had a record of achievement. Governors, senators, whatever. In past years we would have picked the best of these.
Instead we've gotten a barbarian. An outsider with no political experience. Ross Perot with a bad combover and attitude. Someone who combines the humility of Obama with the warmth of Adolph Hitler and the integrity of Hillary Clinton. But he is liked because he is a reality star. Because he has an image. We will nominate an image for the GOP. And whether Drumpf wins or loses the gOP is done. Maybe it was past its expiration date anyway.
We are long past the time for reasoned discussion here. We are past relying on facts and arguments. I see it here. Someone points out something about Trump, is challenged, proves it, adn the contention is dismissed anyway. The Dem side is no better. They are nominating someone who ought to be in prison and who changes her position more often than her Depends.
Political discourse is dead. Values are dead. The incivility we've seen at Trump rallies and other places means it will never come back. America is reduced to a mean, squabbling jealous collection of tribes.
200.gif

Just a little tune to let the right know we feel your pain.

But he is liked because he is a reality star. Because he has an image.
Maybe. More so he was the most anti-establishment, anti-D.C. politics as usual, person in the group. America mostly voted not for Trump but against decades of lip service and decline as a nation. All self serving phonies.

And whether Drumpf wins or loses the gOP is done.
They brought it upon themselves as already noted.
America is reduced to a mean, squabbling jealous collection of tribes.
Agreed whole heartedly, but for reasons that may differ than yours.

Here it is folks, left wingers who instinctively hate Hillary have no where to go so they claim yada yada "America is finished". Maybe it's the left's secret fantasy.

Here it is folks, left wingers who instinctively hate Hillary have no where to go so they claim yada yada "America is finished". Maybe it's the left's secret fantasy.

Look again sweet lips. It's the right wingers who are crying. I'm laughing my ass off.

Heard the same thing in the OP in 2008, 2012, and now 2016. It's always 'the world is ending because I didn't get what I want' mentality.

The world won't end. Even if Trump were to win, and it is politics in America so anything is possible. I would prefer to see Kasich as the Republican nominee as he was really the only adult on that side.

Trump is a buffoon in a clown suit in a tyrant suit in a Mussolini suit. To call Hillary Clinton a 'criminal' is ludicrous. No information was compromised or lost and after all the investigations re Ben Gassy and email there is nothing. NOTHING. Except the wet dreams of hard core right wingers who are desperate for a hail mary.

Relax, life goes on, the country goes on. Nothing is ending and at least conservatives can stop pretending to not hate Barack Obama because he's black and can start hating Hillary Clinton because she's a woman. I think the racism withdrawals regarding hatred of Obama is really going to be the rock bottom for cons in a year. Hating Hillary will be fun for them but good lord Obama had all the things they need to hate in one person.

Maybe. More so he was the most anti-establishment, anti-D.C. politics as usual, person in the group. America mostly voted not for Trump but against decades of lip service and decline as a nation. All self serving phonies.

But he wasnt anti establishment. He only projected that image. Trump is every bit as establishment as Hillary. But no one would see that.

He wins because he isn't Obama, Mrs. Tuzla Clinton or Cruz.

We need a business man to make the economy right. Obama, Clinton and Cruz are all politicians and we know where politicians have gotten us.

Yes I am a notorious left winger.
Give me a break.
Genuine conservatives are heart broken at this turn of events.

Heard the same thing in the OP in 2008, 2012, and now 2016. It's always 'the world is ending because I didn't get what I want' mentality.

The world won't end. Even if Trump were to win, and it is politics in America so anything is possible. I would prefer to see Kasich as the Republican nominee as he was really the only adult on that side.

Trump is a buffoon in a clown suit in a tyrant suit in a Mussolini suit. To call Hillary Clinton a 'criminal' is ludicrous. No information was compromised or lost and after all the investigations re Ben Gassy and email there is nothing. NOTHING. Except the wet dreams of hard core right wingers who are desperate for a hail mary.

Relax, life goes on, the country goes on. Nothing is ending and at least conservatives can stop pretending to not hate Barack Obama because he's black and can start hating Hillary Clinton because she's a woman. I think the racism withdrawals regarding hatred of Obama is really going to be the rock bottom for cons in a year. Hating Hillary will be fun for them but good lord Obama had all the things they need to hate in one person.
I would have voted for Kasich about the way I voted for McCain or Romney. No joy in it but the best we're getting.
Trump? No way.

He wins because he isn't Obama, Mrs. Tuzla Clinton or Cruz.

We need a business man to make the economy right. Obama, Clinton and Cruz are all politicians and we know where politicians have gotten us.
We needed a washington outsider to make things right.
That's where Obama came in. How did that work out for everyone? Why will Trump be any better?

But he wasnt anti establishment. He only projected that image. Trump is every bit as establishment as Hillary. But no one would see that.

You're probably right, but those dumb ass republicans were just too stupid to see that. I guess years of Hannity and rush fried their brains.

Forum List

Back