America is a different place than it was 75 years ago - it was relatively safe

Sometimes I long for the past.....a long gone past....

Right or wrong....it's just the vintage thing in me!:dunno:
. I loved going out to trick or treat for Halloween when we were kids, and being able to go without our parents, and being able to go just about anywhere we wanted to go without worrying about anything. We came back with bags of candy that lasted almost till the end of November.
I believe that with modern technology, bad news spreads much more quickly than it did many years ago. If a child got molested 75ish years ago, it would perhaps be local news and people would be hush-hush to outsiders to avoid tarnishing there communities. Today when bad stuff happen it goes viral....something that was impossible before the net.
. Or there just wasn't that much of it back then.
The 1950's were great if you were WHITE! However, blacks and latinoes continued to toil under a racist society.......hence in 1964 we had LBJ sign the Civil Rights Legislation into law. The South once a democratic stronghold switched over to the GOP and has been GOP for almost 60 years now
. How long do you think it will take to fix the black race in your mind ? Some or many black people are doing great now, but I'm guessing you speak for the ones left behind, so how long or what's your solution to it all ? The whites aren't going to be guilty about it forever, so what's your plan or next move before white guilt ends ? Let's see now, Hollywood has plenty of white guilty minded celebs with enough wealth that if they would just give it up then it would help thousands of your people you speak for here. Any campaigns ahead to get white Hollywood to open up before it's to late ??

. Yes, you are right, and I have seen it myself in life. Sad situation indeed, but it didn't represent the majority at all in my time. The majority rebuked such idiocy, but there were holdouts who were repugnant human beings. Like I said they weren't the majority in their communities, towns, cities or states. No excuse for racism on either sides.
Jim Crow was enforced both legally and socially in the communities of the south. The majority were complicit either passionately or by default. The social norms of the south were enforced on both blacks and whites
. Let's be honest here... It took the blacks along time to get educated (not their fault), learn to speak fluent English, begin to use proper hygene measures (wore sweat, musles and tears with pride), and to lift themselves up from being hard working labor forces in which not alot of sophistication was warranted back in those days. All understandable today as historians, but it was also understandable the fears by what was figured to be a modern sophisticated english speaking citizenship, who didn't want their daughters or family members mixing up with people like that at the time. It was more of a class thing going on instead of a skin color thing going on. Much of that has changed now, and people and culture's are mixing up due to compatibility norms more so than ever these days. Now listen, don't think that class warfare isn't waged still between the levels of classes throughout America because it is. A white educated family might rebuke a lower level white family because they fear the compatibility levels aren't there. Some see that young white boy mechanic who looks like he had been rolling in grease, smoking that cigarette, and going no where fast to stay the hell away from their daughter. He's dirty, lower class, under educated, and SMOKING too ? Ohhhh hell no says the dad and mom who wants better for their daughter in life. The good thing is that many were wrong in their early on judgements, and their children's lives turned out just fine... Besides Thanksgivings are a blast... :alcoholic:

Why can't you say "black people"? They are people.
. That's all you had in response to my post ? WEAK !!!!

Not all. Most of what you said was reasonable. But that shit sucks. Use the term that indicates humanity.
. No problem with the term you suggest, but your insinuation as if it showed a lack of humanity over the absence of a word umm was lacking big time to show that to be the case, and really it was desperation or grabbing for a straw on your part.

Seventy five years ago people in America walked the streets at night in major cities with few concerns...and left doors open all night.

Shoplifting was a minor problem and violence against Law Enforcement was nearly unheard of.

It was a friendlier time when you were more likely to be helped by your fellow American than hurt by them.

Today...we live in a totally different place. Danger is lurking everywhere. Theft and crime run rampant. Police are shot and killed for fun. The elderly are victimized as quickly as anyone else.....
Brazen Thief Steals Purse From Woman, 82, on Scooter at California Supermarket

Young people text and drive killing thousands each year......People cheat the system rampantly....

The ONE caveat, and an important one, is that Civil Rights are more equally spread among all Americans.
But at what cost? Did we trade a safe society for one that has everyone closer to equal?
Surely VERY few people actually would still support slavery and the majority are pleased with equality for all.
But again, at what price?

So, what exactly has changed?
Liberals have ruined our nation.
Liberals created this nation

Don't forget to thank them
Not white liberals... Just ask some here today about it. Whites aren't getting any more credit for nothing.. period.

Jim Crow was enforced both legally and socially in the communities of the south. The majority were complicit either passionately or by default. The social norms of the south were enforced on both blacks and whites
. Let's be honest here... It took the blacks along time to get educated (not their fault), learn to speak fluent English, begin to use proper hygene measures (wore sweat, musles and tears with pride), and to lift themselves up from being hard working labor forces in which not alot of sophistication was warranted back in those days. All understandable today as historians, but it was also understandable the fears by what was figured to be a modern sophisticated english speaking citizenship, who didn't want their daughters or family members mixing up with people like that at the time. It was more of a class thing going on instead of a skin color thing going on. Much of that has changed now, and people and culture's are mixing up due to compatibility norms more so than ever these days. Now listen, don't think that class warfare isn't waged still between the levels of classes throughout America because it is. A white educated family might rebuke a lower level white family because they fear the compatibility levels aren't there. Some see that young white boy mechanic who looks like he had been rolling in grease, smoking that cigarette, and going no where fast to stay the hell away from their daughter. He's dirty, lower class, under educated, and SMOKING too ? Ohhhh hell no says the dad and mom who wants better for their daughter in life. The good thing is that many were wrong in their early on judgements, and their children's lives turned out just fine... Besides Thanksgivings are a blast... :alcoholic:

Not all. Most of what you said was reasonable. But that shit sucks. Use the term that indicates humanity.
. No problem with the term you suggest, but your insinuation as if it showed a lack of humanity over the absence of a word umm was lacking big time to show that to be the case, and really it was desperation or grabbing for a straw on your part.

If you do not have a problem with the term I suggested, please just use it. Thanks.

If you do not have a problem with the term I suggested, please just use it. Thanks.
. Ok, I'll write my post, send them to you first for approval, and then post them to public.. Will that work for you ?? LOL... I sure don't mean to offend you now. :itsok:

. Ok, I'll write my post, send them to you first for approval, and then post them to public.. Will that work for you ?? LOL... I sure don't mean to offend you now. :itsok:

How about you just do what a man would do and recognize your fuck up? Why is that so hard?

How about you just do what a man would do and recognize your fuck up? Why is that so hard?
. Your opinion, but you know about opinions right ? Now you got a coherent response to the post or you just gonna keep crying about an opinion you have created that doesn't mean squat to the readers, otherwise because you know the post was spot on and you hated that didn't jah, didn't jah, didn't jah ??

. Your opinion, but you know about opinions right ? Now you got a coherent response to the post or you just gonna keep crying about an opinion you have created that doesn't mean squat to the readers, otherwise because you know the post was spot on and you hated that didn't jah, didn't jah, didn't jah ??

Spot on? Not quite. You have some solid points. But you can't seem to work your way through them without seeming like an ignorant fool.

Class is one thing. Ethnicity is another. They are not interchangeable. Sweet thought, though.

Last edited:
Seventy five years ago people in America walked the streets at night in major cities with few concerns...and left doors open all night.

Shoplifting was a minor problem and violence against Law Enforcement was nearly unheard of.

It was a friendlier time when you were more likely to be helped by your fellow American than hurt by them.

Today...we live in a totally different place. Danger is lurking everywhere. Theft and crime run rampant. Police are shot and killed for fun. The elderly are victimized as quickly as anyone else.....

Young people text and drive killing thousands each year......People cheat the system rampantly....

The ONE caveat, and an important one, is that Civil Rights are more equally spread among all Americans.
But at what cost? Did we trade a safe society for one that has everyone closer to equal?
Surely VERY few people actually would still support slavery and the majority are pleased with equality for all.

Well, hanging people for being the wrong color is no longer a weekend past time in the South. And most of us have a much better life than we did 75 years ago. And, no, people did not leave their doors unlocked in the major cities 75 years ago. They did in the small towns, but not in the cities. I will be 74 before this year is out, and I can remember what it was like in the small towns and cities from 70 years ago. The "golden" period exists only in your imagination.

Spot on? Not quite. You have some solid points. But you can't seem to work your way through them without seeming like an ignorant fool.

Class is one thing. Ethnicity is another. They are not interchangeable. Sweet thought, though.
. Ethnicity has nothing to do with anything, but status and class along with cultures and/or cultural differences are everything to everybody.

Well, hanging people for being the wrong color is no longer a weekend past time in the South. And most of us have a much better life than we did 75 years ago. And, no, people did not leave their doors unlocked in the major cities 75 years ago. They did in the small towns, but not in the cities. I will be 74 before this year is out, and I can remember what it was like in the small towns and cities from 70 years ago. The "golden" period exists only in your imagination.
. Depends on where you were and where they were in which gives the perspective of a time period, and upon what percentage of the population you might have been in which represented the opinions that you have.

Liberals have ruined our nation.
Liberals created this nation

Don't forget to thank them
Not white liberals... Just ask some here today about it. Whites aren't getting any more credit for nothing.. period.
Nope. According to media and education system...whitey bad.

It never was a "weekend pastime" and was rare.

Sometimes I long for the past.....a long gone past....

Right or wrong....it's just the vintage thing in me!:dunno:
. I loved going out to trick or treat for Halloween when we were kids, and being able to go without our parents, and being able to go just about anywhere we wanted to go without worrying about anything. We came back with bags of candy that lasted almost till the end of November.

I agree.

A slower pace of life.... a gentler time.
More Blacks being lynched and back alley abortions.
. Quit living in the past, because those Boogeymen are history. It's up to you now. The government can't hold your hand forever.
"quit living in the past" he posts, IN THIS THREAD!! hahahahahah

... I don't lock my doors. My husband bitches at me about the doors to the house (because I'm pretty much helpless if someone were to actually break in) but he doesn't lock the car doors or anything either. I suppose it's where you're at. I'm spoiled having grown up, and still live in, a wealthy city. I'm also literally surrounded by cops. Like 12 or so years ago some kids got into our cars and stole all of the quarters, and my husband's mints (he /still/ bitches about that to this day) so we installed motion lights. I also got Vivint, mostly because it gave us electronic door locks (highly recommended btw,) but it also has a panic button that silently auto-calls the police which is admittedly comforting (though I'd pay the $61 just for the elocks heh.) I guess I feel that's all we need here. ~shrug~

You think you are better than me boy?

Words directed at any negro who dared to be successful. The outcome could be a beating, arson or lynching
. Yes, you are right, and I have seen it myself in life. Sad situation indeed, but it didn't represent the majority at all in my time. The majority rebuked such idiocy, but there were holdouts who were repugnant human beings. Like I said they weren't the majority in their communities, towns, cities or states. No excuse for racism on either sides.
To a degree, you are right
But to deny skin color is deceptive. Negroes were considered to be sub human. Not because they worked or were sweaty. A negro couldn't drink out of a water fountain used by whites because they were considered dirty. Same went for restaurants, hotels, transportation......don't allow negroes near me

That young uneducated white boy pumping gas with a pack of cigs rolled up in a dirty T shirt still considered himself superior to a negro doctor, lawyer or professor......and he demanded they show him respect
. Your mixing the periods in a deceptive way, and it has never been about skin color... That's the most idiotic thing ever. It's about classes, clashes and cultures, and it's about class warfare and cultural warfare or clashes. Nothing more, nothing less.
Now you are talking total bullshit

It never was a "weekend pastime" and was rare.
Lynching may have been rare. About three thousand cases

Arson, assault, harassment and intimidation were common

To a degree, you are right
But to deny skin color is deceptive. Negroes were considered to be sub human. Not because they worked or were sweaty. A negro couldn't drink out of a water fountain used by whites because they were considered dirty. Same went for restaurants, hotels, transportation......don't allow negroes near me

That young uneducated white boy pumping gas with a pack of cigs rolled up in a dirty T shirt still considered himself superior to a negro doctor, lawyer or professor......and he demanded they show him respect
. Your mixing the periods in a deceptive way, and it has never been about skin color... That's the most idiotic thing ever. It's about classes, clashes and cultures, and it's about class warfare and cultural warfare or clashes. Nothing more, nothing less.
Now you are talking total bullshit
:disagree:

Forum List

Back