America is a different place than it was 75 years ago - it was relatively safe

75 years ago, many of us were not born yet. We remember Happy Days, the 1950's, etc. No clue what was really going on because we were in our poodle skirts and wearing our ducktail haircuts and mom and dad paid all the bills.
George Clooney wants to show the world how bad the 50s were.

50s were pretty nasty if you weren't white, male and Christian
Does the thought of strong black families so disgust you?

Good point...

You know what happened to strong black families in 1942?
They were lynched

Something about being uppity
. Lynched by whom ? Their own for being uncle Tom's. :alcoholic:

75 years ago whites were getting jobs over more qualified Blacks. I know you miss those days. By now you would be CEO instead of head fry cook.

I don't believe that. Most whites will hire the person who'll make them the most money, regardless of race. Including 75 years ago. But, now, the government forces companies to hire blacks over more qualified whites.

If libtards lie about racism today, why should I believe what they say about racism 75 years ago?

That is absolute bullshit. Hiring blacks meant losing customers in many instances. And if they did hire blacks, they paid them far less. Making it more about low wages than about any altruistic ideals.
Once again, white people are responsible for this and yet they blame the victims of their hatred for not being able to keep up with their racist tactics. They find the few that do make it, enough to quantify 200 plus years of exclusion and racism. Blacks are still being paid less, blacks are still last on the list of really good paying jobs and black people and high unemployment is still a issue in this country
. It's time to quit blaming whites for your failures already. The problem with blacks like you, is that you got to blame someone else in life, instead of looking in the mirror at the one that might just be the biggest problem in your life "YOU".

75 years ago, many of us were not born yet. We remember Happy Days, the 1950's, etc. No clue what was really going on because we were in our poodle skirts and wearing our ducktail haircuts and mom and dad paid all the bills.
George Clooney wants to show the world how bad the 50s were.

50s were pretty nasty if you weren't white, male and Christian
Does the thought of strong black families so disgust you?

Good point...

They were lynched

. Lynched by whom ? Their own for being uncle Tom's. :alcoholic:
Not even worthy of a reply

They were lynched

You're a racist liar. Blacks who were lynched were usually suspected of serious crimes, not of being uppity or for having an intact family. And, blacks kill more people in a busy month than all the blacks who were lunched by whites in history.

You think you are better than me boy?

Words directed at any negro who dared to be successful. The outcome could be a beating, arson or lynching
. Yes, you are right, and I have seen it myself in life. Sad situation indeed, but it didn't represent the majority at all in my time. The majority rebuked such idiocy, but there were holdouts who were repugnant human beings. Like I said they weren't the majority in their communities, towns, cities or states. No excuse for racism on either sides.

They were lynched

You're a racist liar. Blacks who were lynched were usually suspected of serious crimes, not of being uppity or for having an intact family. And, blacks kill more people in a busy month than all the blacks who were lunched by whites in history.

Words directed at any negro who dared to be successful. The outcome could be a beating, arson or lynching
. Yes, you are right, and I have seen it myself in life. Sad situation indeed, but it didn't represent the majority at all in my time. The majority rebuked such idiocy, but there were holdouts who were repugnant human beings. Like I said they weren't the majority in their communities, towns, cities or states. No excuse for racism on either sides.
Jim Crow was enforced both legally and socially in the communities of the south. The majority were complicit either passionately or by default. The social norms of the south were enforced on both blacks and whites

They were lynched

Don't be daft. There were blacks lynched for being accused of whistling at white women.
. In some circles that's still a big no no, but it crosses all lines of color now.. Maybe not a lynching today for anyone, but trouble can come from a situation where a person disrespects a woman in the eyes of a man who thinks it disrespectful to carry on in such a way.

Seventy five years ago people in America walked the streets at night in major cities with few concerns...and left doors open all night.

Shoplifting was a minor problem and violence against Law Enforcement was nearly unheard of.

It was a friendlier time when you were more likely to be helped by your fellow American than hurt by them.

Today...we live in a totally different place. Danger is lurking everywhere. Theft and crime run rampant. Police are shot and killed for fun. The elderly are victimized as quickly as anyone else.....
Brazen Thief Steals Purse From Woman, 82, on Scooter at California Supermarket

Young people text and drive killing thousands each year......People cheat the system rampantly....

The ONE caveat, and an important one, is that Civil Rights are more equally spread among all Americans.
But at what cost? Did we trade a safe society for one that has everyone closer to equal?
Surely VERY few people actually would still support slavery and the majority are pleased with equality for all.
But again, at what price?

So, what exactly has changed?

We have never been safer.

They were lynched

Jim Crow was enforced both legally and socially in the communities of the south. The majority were complicit either passionately or by default. The social norms of the south were enforced on both blacks and whites
. Let's be honest here... It took the blacks along time to get educated (not their fault), learn to speak fluent English, begin to use proper hygene measures (wore sweat, musles and tears with pride), and to lift themselves up from being hard working labor forces in which not alot of sophistication was warranted back in those days. All understandable today as historians, but it was also understandable the fears by what was figured to be a modern sophisticated english speaking citizenship, who didn't want their daughters or family members mixing up with people like that at the time. It was more of a class thing going on instead of a skin color thing going on. Much of that has changed now, and people and culture's are mixing up due to compatibility norms more so than ever these days. Now listen, don't think that class warfare isn't waged still between the levels of classes throughout America because it is. A white educated family might rebuke a lower level white family because they fear the compatibility levels aren't there. Some see that young white boy mechanic who looks like he had been rolling in grease, smoking that cigarette, and going no where fast to stay the hell away from their daughter. He's dirty, lower class, under educated, and SMOKING too ? Ohhhh hell no says the dad and mom who wants better for their daughter in life. The good thing is that many were wrong in their early on judgements, and their children's lives turned out just fine... Besides Thanksgivings are a blast... :alcoholic:

Last edited:
Seventy five years ago people in America walked the streets at night in major cities with few concerns...and left doors open all night.

Shoplifting was a minor problem and violence against Law Enforcement was nearly unheard of.

It was a friendlier time when you were more likely to be helped by your fellow American than hurt by them.

Today...we live in a totally different place. Danger is lurking everywhere. Theft and crime run rampant. Police are shot and killed for fun. The elderly are victimized as quickly as anyone else.....

Young people text and drive killing thousands each year......People cheat the system rampantly....

The ONE caveat, and an important one, is that Civil Rights are more equally spread among all Americans.
But at what cost? Did we trade a safe society for one that has everyone closer to equal?
Surely VERY few people actually would still support slavery and the majority are pleased with equality for all.

75 years ago in big cities people got killed walking the streets at night, just like they do now...

The rate has decreased, as has the method.

Now, every terrorist, illegal, mental case, criminal, every froot loop is carrying a gun.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

What you believe is of zero interest to me.

What you believe, you can't show is true. Show that employers discriminated against more qualified blacks 75 years ago.

LMAO!!! Kettle, meet Pot.

I notice you ignored the factual post by theDoctorisin.

Let me help you.

"75 years ago, there were 7.8 murders per 100,000 people in the US. Last year, there were 4.9.

75 years ago, the unemployment rate was 14.9%. Now, it's 4.5%.

75 years ago, median income (in today's dollars) was $16,886.05. Today, it's $32,140."

Care to try again about how much better and safer things were?

Sh1thead, I responded to it and demolished it. Post #37.

Riiight. You posted a conflicting number on the murder rate and cited Wikipedia. That is not even close to destroying anything.

Unemployment was 14.9% and now it is 4.5%. Did you destroy that one too?

Median income was $16,886.05 and today it is $32,140. (both in today's dollars) Did you destroy that one too?

It's like you didn't even read what I wrote. Go find a brain.
It's for all you MAGA faggots. You are Trumps base, but in the 21st Century you are out numbered!!!!! Remember Trump only won with 25 percent of eligiable voters and nearly 100 million voters didn't bother to vote in 2016! However, in 2020 voters will come out in MASSIVE Numbers to rid the country of Trump. Chances are Trump will have resigned or have been impeached.

They were lynched

. Let's be honest here... It took the blacks along time to get educated (not their fault), learn to speak fluent English, begin to use proper hygene measures (wore sweat, musles and tears with pride), and to lift themselves up from being hard working labor forces in which not alot of sophistication was warranted back in those days. All understandable today as historians, but it was also understandable the fears by what was figured to be a modern sophisticated english speaking citizenship, who didn't want their daughters or family members mixing up with people like that at the time. It was more of a class thing going on instead of a skin color thing going on. Much of that has changed now, and people and culture's are mixing up due to compatibility norms more so than ever these days. Now listen, don't think that class warfare isn't waged still between the levels of classes throughout America because it is. A white educated family might rebuke a lower level white family because they fear the compatibility levels aren't there. Some see that young white boy mechanic who looks like he had been rolling in grease, smoking that cigarette, and going no where fast to stay the hell away from their daughter. He's dirty, lower class, under educated, and SMOKING too ? Ohhhh hell no says the dad and mom who wants better for their daughter in life. The good thing is that many were wrong in their early on judgements, and their children's lives turned out just fine... Besides Thanksgivings are a blast... :alcoholic:

Why can't you say "black people"? They are people.

They were lynched

To a degree, you are right
But to deny skin color is deceptive. Negroes were considered to be sub human. Not because they worked or were sweaty. A negro couldn't drink out of a water fountain used by whites because they were considered dirty. Same went for restaurants, hotels, transportation......don't allow negroes near me

That young uneducated white boy pumping gas with a pack of cigs rolled up in a dirty T shirt still considered himself superior to a negro doctor, lawyer or professor......and he demanded they show him respect

Sometimes I long for the past.....a long gone past....

Right or wrong....it's just the vintage thing in me!:dunno:
. I loved going out to trick or treat for Halloween when we were kids, and being able to go without our parents, and being able to go just about anywhere we wanted to go without worrying about anything. We came back with bags of candy that lasted almost till the end of November.
I believe that with modern technology, bad news spreads much more quickly than it did many years ago. If a child got molested 75ish years ago, it would perhaps be local news and people would be hush-hush to outsiders to avoid tarnishing there communities. Today when bad stuff happen it goes viral....something that was impossible before the net.
. Or there just wasn't that much of it back then.
The 1950's were great if you were WHITE! However, blacks and latinoes continued to toil under a racist society.......hence in 1964 we had LBJ sign the Civil Rights Legislation into law. The South once a democratic stronghold switched over to the GOP and has been GOP for almost 60 years now

Considering STD's, drug addiction, broken families, etc., it's no surprise that people have felt unsafe to hitchhike for a couple of generations already.
That's because America is an imperialist nation thanks to Red State Amerika.
No, STDs, broken families and drug legalization are all a result of democrat policy.

. I loved going out to trick or treat for Halloween when we were kids, and being able to go without our parents, and being able to go just about anywhere we wanted to go without worrying about anything. We came back with bags of candy that lasted almost till the end of November.
I believe that with modern technology, bad news spreads much more quickly than it did many years ago. If a child got molested 75ish years ago, it would perhaps be local news and people would be hush-hush to outsiders to avoid tarnishing there communities. Today when bad stuff happen it goes viral....something that was impossible before the net.
The 1950's were great if you were WHITE! However, blacks and latinoes continued to toil under a racist society.......hence in 1964 we had LBJ sign the Civil Rights Legislation into law. The South once a democratic stronghold switched over to the GOP and has been GOP for almost 60 years now
And now things are worse for many blacks as a result of democrat policy.

Considering STD's, drug addiction, broken families, etc., it's no surprise that people have felt unsafe to hitchhike for a couple of generations already.
No, STDs, broken families and drug legalization are all a result of democrat policy.
Those are deceases and social ills of Red State Amerika caused by their racism.

And now things are worse for many blacks as a result of democrat policy.
Red state racism is the cause of social decline.

Liberals have ruined our nation.

Those are deceases and social ills of Red State Amerika caused by their racism.
Explain how.

Forum List

Back