Amendment to return power to states with veto

When considering the people being the final seat of power, I get a vague uneasy, imagining Idiocracy cast with the folks in Jersey Shore.

"The Situation thinks that it should be a federal mandate that all freshman hotties be DTF with only my buffest boys. Constitutional amendment #28, these are rules to live by, shave last minute, haircut the day-of, maybe some tanning and the gym."

It's not like the Wilson Brothers weren't horrific enough.

I think too that repeal of the 17th Amendment would shore things up

You may want to check into the reasons for the amendment. The issues have only gotten worse, vis a vis state legislatures, not better. Personally, I don't want any politician selecting my Senator.

The purpose, or intent of State Legislatures originally selecting Senators was to give States a voice in the Senate as to Federal matters and how each State would be affected by Federal legislation...and by election of the people and their interests were conducted via popular elections to the House.

The Combination of the two [Senate and House] would come to a compromise in legislation to become LAW for the POTUS to sign or Veto.

In deference to today's situation? I would agree. But even the State legislatures have changed hands to a more RED hue...and I see an oppritunity to make this happen on behalf of the people.

The Senate was also charged with the Protection of States Rights. Big mistake there.

You may want to check into the reasons for the amendment. The issues have only gotten worse, vis a vis state legislatures, not better. Personally, I don't want any politician selecting my Senator.

The purpose, or intent of State Legislatures originally selecting Senators was to give States a voice in the Senate as to Federal matters and how each State would be affected by Federal legislation...and by election of the people and their interests were conducted via popular elections to the House.

The Combination of the two [Senate and House] would come to a compromise in legislation to become LAW for the POTUS to sign or Veto.

In deference to today's situation? I would agree. But even the State legislatures have changed hands to a more RED hue...and I see an oppritunity to make this happen on behalf of the people.

The Senate was also charged with the Protection of States Rights. Big mistake there.

Exactly. They forget where they came from once they trod within the Swamp known hetetofore as the District Of Criminals.

Forum List

Back