Amendment to return power to states with veto

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Great idea. If the 10th Amendment were complied with, this would not be necessary.

Tea Party Pushes Repeal Amendment to Give States Power Over Federal Government

"Any provision of law or regulation of the United States may be repealed by the several states, and such repeal shall be effective when the legislatures of two-thirds of the several states approve resolutions for this purpose that particularly describe the same provision or provisions of law or regulation to be repealed."

Great idea. If the 10th Amendment were complied with, this would not be necessary.

"Any provision of law or regulation of the United States may be repealed by the several states, and such repeal shall be effective when the legislatures of two-thirds of the several states approve resolutions for this purpose that particularly describe the same provision or provisions of law or regulation to be repealed."

"Under current law, states must go to court to overturn federal legislation and prove it violates the Constitution. The proposed amendment would give state legislatures veto power over any federal law or regulation they didn't like -- whether it passes constitutional muster or not:"

Nah, I think not. Let those facists get used to the American way of doing things with checks and balances.:eusa_angel:

No, I think I'll pass

I support the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding." U.S. Const. art. VI, Paragraph 2

Last edited:
If the Tea Party supports the Constitution like they continually claim they do....

Why do they keep trying to change it?

• Banned
The Amendment process ended slavery and gave women the right to vote. The Amendment process is a legtimate way to change the Constitution.

Not some Federal Judge in California.

As a real American I support my Constitution

No desire to change it

"Under current law, states must go to court to overturn federal legislation and prove it violates the Constitution. The proposed amendment would give state legislatures veto power over any federal law or regulation they didn't like -- whether it passes constitutional muster or not:"

Nah, I think not. Let those facists get used to the American way of doing things with checks and balances.:eusa_angel:

The Amendment HAS checks and balances. It requires 2/3rds of the States to over turn or veto the legislation. Same as an amendment requires. Sorry to burst your bubble but if 37 States are so incensed by some legislation I would kindly suggest it be repelled.

If the Tea Party supports the Constitution like they continually claim they do....

Another IDIOT. The amendment process is clearly defined and quite Constitutional. Why are YOU against the Constitution?

Ohh I forgot you are a liberal and think you can just ignore said Constitution when ever you please.

No desire to change it

Then you are a retard. Amendment is clearly defined in the Constitution and is PART and PARCEL of said document. And unlike you liberals that keep ignoring the Constitution we Conservatives prefer to FOLLOW it and use the Constitution as written. You know instead of creating from whole cloth unconstitutional laws and powers we want to LEGALLY and CONSTITUTIONAL change the document as required by SAID DOCUMENT.

Another IDIOT. The amendment process is clearly defined and quite Constitutional. Why are YOU against the Constitution?

Ohh I forgot you are a liberal and think you can just ignore said Constitution when ever you please.

Again...If they love the Constitution

Why change it?

No desire to change it

Then you are a retard. Amendment is clearly defined in the Constitution and is PART and PARCEL of said document. And unlike you liberals that keep ignoring the Constitution we Conservatives prefer to FOLLOW it and use the Constitution as written. You know instead of creating from whole cloth unconstitutional laws and powers we want to LEGALLY and CONSTITUTIONAL change the document as required by SAID DOCUMENT.

Conseratives are the ones constantly screaming to change the Constitution. Liberals love it just the way it is

Why do you hate America?

American_Eagle.jpg

This would be completely pointless if the Senate remained in the power of the State legislatures as the Founders intended. Just repeal the 17th amendment and the States will have a Veto.

We have had several amendments to our constitution. Prohibiton was one, and it was repealed.
If we would repeal the 17th amendment, it would return enough power to the states that the amendment proposed in the OP would not be needed.

No desire to change it

Conseratives are the ones constantly screaming to change the Constitution. Liberals love it just the way it is

Why do you hate America?

American_Eagle.jpg

Do you know what Amendments are? Do you want them all repealed?

Forum List

Back