Amazon announces 100K new jobs

How many Billions of Dollars have US businesses now committed to invest in The US so far because of Trump?
And he has not even been sworn in to office yet. How many jobs has he personally created BEFORE becoming President? I'd like to know that number.
The number of people he employs plus the number of jobs promised already to be coming back in to the US has to be astounding for such a short time.

It has nothing to do with Trump.
It has everything to do with Trump.
Wanna back up your empty claim, bubble head?

Good news. Hopefully more follow suit to offset some of the jobs being lost from brick and mortar retail as more people shop online.

How many Billions of Dollars have US businesses now committed to invest in The US so far because of Trump?
And he has not even been sworn in to office yet. How many jobs has he personally created BEFORE becoming President? I'd like to know that number.
The number of people he employs plus the number of jobs promised already to be coming back in to the US has to be astounding for such a short time.

Everything looks that way when your on your knees and his dick's in front of your face.

Amazon announces U.S. hiring spree
Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) on Thursday said it plans to create more than 100,000 jobs in the United States, from software development to warehouse work, becoming the latest company to boast a hiring spree since Donald Trump won the U.S. presidential election in November.
The world's largest online retailer will grow its full-time U.S. workforce by more than 50 percent to over 280,000 in the next 18 months, it said in a press release.
Amazon is spending heavily on new warehouses so it can stock goods closer to customers and fulfill orders quickly and cheaply. The new hires, from Florida to Texas and California, will be key to the company's promise of two-day shipping to members of its Amazon Prime shopping club, which has given it an edge over rivals.
BGC Partners analyst Colin Gillis said hiring was expected. "Amazon continues to meaningfully grow above e-commerce rates and continues to take share from traditional retailers," he said.
The e-commerce giant said in October it would add 26 fulfillment centers in 2016, mostly in North America. More are under construction.
----
Hell yeah!

have any idea if Trump had any hand in it? sure hope so.

NONE, this was in the works for a while now.
Hasn't stopped Trump from taking credit before
such as
Sprint for one. Ford's Mexico plant. What were the other ones? I can't remember and don't feel like looking them up.
Ford explicitly said it had nothing to do with trump. The only one he did have something to do with was Carrier, and he promised prohibitively expensive tax breaks to make that happen.

Not clear Amazon is going to create net jobs in our economy. It competes with traditional retail businesses that are losing jobs.

MACYs just closed up a lot of stores for example, SEARS too.

We just have to go along with it and keep faith in growth of productivity.

I have to go with this, Amazon may be akin to Walmart...the nations largest employer that has of course wiped out 100,000's of small businesses across America

You do know Amazon partners with plenty of those small businesses as 3rd party sellers, right?

such as
Sprint for one. Ford's Mexico plant. What were the other ones? I can't remember and don't feel like looking them up.
Ford explicitly said it had nothing to do with trump. The only one he did have something to do with was Carrier, and he promised prohibitively expensive tax breaks to make that happen.
Yes. And don't forget that a deal to keep all the Carrier jobs fell apart under Governor Pence, and the deal Trump made rewarded Carrier for reneging on their deal and still moving a bunch of jobs to Mexico.

Not clear Amazon is going to create net jobs in our economy. It competes with traditional retail businesses that are losing jobs.

I have to go with this, Amazon may be akin to Walmart...the nations largest employer that has of course wiped out 100,000's of small businesses across America
Amazon is responsible for making thousands of new small businesses. You apparently don't know how it works.
Amazon’s Third-Party Sellers Ship Record-Breaking 2 Billion Items In 2014, But Merchant Numbers Stay Flat

Amazon is responsible for making thousands of new small businesses. You apparently don't know how it works.
Amazon’s Third-Party Sellers Ship Record-Breaking 2 Billion Items In 2014, But Merchant Numbers Stay Flat
Must be why Trump has threatened them

Amazon’s Third-Party Sellers Ship Record-Breaking 2 Billion Items In 2014, But Merchant Numbers Stay Flat

But is it responsible for new jobs?

Do you seriously think I couldn't buy every single thing I ever bought on Amazon elsewhere?

Amazon has been expanding their warehouses for years. Do you really think a company that large makes a decision this big with two months notice? This has been in the works for a long time.

richmond2

But is it responsible for new jobs?

Do you seriously think I couldn't buy every single thing I ever bought on Amazon elsewhere?
What does that have to do with Amazon making thousands of new small businesses?

such as

And 2/3 of the effected jobs went to Mexico.

When you see large companies like Amazon and Costco investing in big money like that you know which direction the economy is headed.
Yes they invested zero dollars until Trump
27 Dec. 2016

The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index®, which had increased considerably in November, posted another gain in December. The Index now stands at 113.7 (1985=100), up from 109.4 in November. The Expectations Index increased sharply from 94.4 to 105.5, but the Present Situation Index decreased from 132.0 last month to 126.1.

Have a nice day!

When you see large companies like Amazon and Costco investing in big money like that you know which direction the economy is headed.
A gauge of U.S. small business confidence rose to a 12-year high in December as optimism about the economy intensified among business owners following the November election, the National Federation of Independent Business said on Tuesday.

Have a nice day!
U.S. small business confidence soars to 12-year high: group

27 Dec. 2016

The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index®, which had increased considerably in November, posted another gain in December. The Index now stands at 113.7 (1985=100), up from 109.4 in November. The Expectations Index increased sharply from 94.4 to 105.5, but the Present Situation Index decreased from 132.0 last month to 126.1.

Have a nice day!

Gee, I wonder what affects consumer spending/confidence in November and December....

27 Dec. 2016

Have a nice day!

That has what to do with Amazon?

Amazon announces U.S. hiring spree
Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) on Thursday said it plans to create more than 100,000 jobs in the United States, from software development to warehouse work, becoming the latest company to boast a hiring spree since Donald Trump won the U.S. presidential election in November.
The world's largest online retailer will grow its full-time U.S. workforce by more than 50 percent to over 280,000 in the next 18 months, it said in a press release.
Amazon is spending heavily on new warehouses so it can stock goods closer to customers and fulfill orders quickly and cheaply. The new hires, from Florida to Texas and California, will be key to the company's promise of two-day shipping to members of its Amazon Prime shopping club, which has given it an edge over rivals.
BGC Partners analyst Colin Gillis said hiring was expected. "Amazon continues to meaningfully grow above e-commerce rates and continues to take share from traditional retailers," he said.
The e-commerce giant said in October it would add 26 fulfillment centers in 2016, mostly in North America. More are under construction.
----
Hell yeah!

such as
IKR? Who cares if they put credit to Trump..

Forum List

Back