Am I the only one annoyed by the term "Fourth of July?"

The fourth of a July is a date.

Today is Independence Day.

Actually today is DECLARATION of Independence Day.

There was that whole war thing to work through before we could truly say we were an indpendent nation.

Many countries have an "Independence Day" ... so to determine which is which they often call them by the date. Cinco De Mayo is Mexico's Independence Day, which actually means the 5th of May. If you go to another country (or just talk to someone from another country) and say Independence Day they will likely look at you like you're crazy. That's why Fourth of July is valid and actually a preferred name when you are global.

Many countries have an "Independence Day" ... so to determine which is which they often call them by the date. Cinco De Mayo is Mexico's Independence Day, which actually means the 5th of May. If you go to another country (or just talk to someone from another country) and say Independence Day they will likely look at you like you're crazy. That's why Fourth of July is valid and actually a preferred name when you are global.

Indeed. Let's qualify it to 7/4.

Whatever dude. Unbunch those panties. Today is party day and I hate you all. :beer:

how can yall party...i just dont get this...i am sorry..the media...no one is paying attention to the 4,000 marines that are now going into taliban strongholds....(yes i am in a pissy mood) everyone is so gleeful....no one seems to care ....i am sorry to harp on this issue but i just want everyone to be aware that while we are yecking it up....troops are dying....and yes you would think i would be use to by now...but guess what...i am not..and everything i go to the graveyard at main post...i see the graves...the names of the newly dead....ahh hell just fuck it all

Cinco de mayo is only on of Mexico's independence days. Them fuckers have every excuse in the world to party.

I love it since we celebrate most of them here.:lol:

It's the original Independence Day. However, freedom from Liberal Fascists will probably occur on another day. What will we call it then?
A bloody miracle.

Welcome back to the fight, this time I know our side will win.

Henreid3.jpg

Actually today is DECLARATION of Independence Day.

There was that whole war thing to work through before we could truly say we were an indpendent nation.

Details, details.... I officially rename today "Declaration Day"

I declare I've never seen so much bitchin' over nothin'....

Forum List

Back