am i doomed to hell?

Just joking around, but you should have a little more respect, that is, if you think there is a chance God is real.

As for salvation, are you seriously asking me what I think the requirements are?
Honestly, I was blasting gods illogical, tyrannical actions, for killing for the sins of the father.
I was just using my geneology for a starting point.

Well the way you talk about him you would think he would just send a lightening bolt down on ya or something.

Funny, you are still here.

I have just the opposite problem. I wonder how he can remain as calm and forgiving as he is.
So you think God giving people free will was a bad thing
Was there ever a choice?

Yes before eve bit the forbidden fruit. He could have destroyed everything then. But he chose giving free choice and plenty of hell with it.
The forbidden fruit was the knowledge of good and evil. It seems to me that it isn’t virtuous if one is forced to be virtuous. Virtue would have no meaning without choosing it.

Besides what fun would it be for a mind without a body to experience the material world he created if he couldn’t experience the full range of possibilities through our existence? Doesn’t the agony of defeat make they joy of victory taste sweeter?

I always get a kick out of christians saying the jews got their own religion wrong :lol:
Jews argue with each other telling each other that they get it wrong, and Christians do that to each other.

Remember, Christ was a Jew. .. . .

. . . and the Pope has fun pretending to be one as well. . .

With the way he is dressed, do you think regular folks that don't know the difference in our religion that are from the east can tell the difference? If you are from China or Japan, like a teenager, and were asked, which one is the Catholic, which one is the Jew, etc.

Really?

:abgg2q.jpg:

958849_1_0117-pope-synagogue_standard.jpg
Christianity is effectively a sect of Judaism.
:ack-1:

Don't tell orthodox Jews that. . . .

But yeah. . . I have a large Catholic family that a few Jews have married into.

It melds pretty well.

And I have a few Jewish friends married to Catholics.

Strange that.
It’s our differences that make life interesting. It would be pretty boring if we were all the same.
Yeah, I agree.

This place WAS a lot more interesting before Trump was elected and most of the left took their ball and went home.

Nothing left but a few of the super tolerant good natures like old lady, and the bat shit hell. . . .

I always get a kick out of christians saying the jews got their own religion wrong :lol:
Jews argue with each other telling each other that they get it wrong, and Christians do that to each other.

With the way he is dressed, do you think regular folks that don't know the difference in our religion that are from the east can tell the difference? If you are from China or Japan, like a teenager, and were asked, which one is the Catholic, which one is the Jew, etc.

Really?

It melds pretty well.

Strange that.
It’s our differences that make life interesting. It would be pretty boring if we were all the same.
Yeah, I agree.

This place WAS a lot more interesting before Trump was elected and most of the left took their ball and went home.

Nothing left but a few of the super tolerant good natures like old lady, and the bat shit hell. . . .
No one is all good or all bad. This should be self evident.

Which means that Trump and Obama are not all good or all bad as much as some would like to believe.

Our problem is that we see and treat people like they are all good or all bad.

Honestly, I was blasting gods illogical, tyrannical actions, for killing for the sins of the father.
I was just using my geneology for a starting point.

Well the way you talk about him you would think he would just send a lightening bolt down on ya or something.

Funny, you are still here.

I have just the opposite problem. I wonder how he can remain as calm and forgiving as he is.
So you think God giving people free will was a bad thing
Was there ever a choice?

Yes before eve bit the forbidden fruit. He could have destroyed everything then. But he chose giving free choice and plenty of hell with it.
The forbidden fruit was the knowledge of good and evil. It seems to me that it isn’t virtuous if one is forced to be virtuous. Virtue would have no meaning without choosing it.

Besides what fun would it be for a mind without a body to experience the material world he created if he couldn’t experience the full range of possibilities through our existence? Doesn’t the agony of defeat make they joy of victory taste sweeter?
God knew this before he even pulled Adam's Rib just like he's knows that Free Will as given many a one way trip to hell

That's the funniest thing I've ever read
Funny, but true.

Judaism places emphasis on correct conduct (or orthopraxy), focusing on the Mosaic covenant, as recorded in the Torah and Talmud. Christiansbelieve in individual salvation from sin through receiving Jesus Christ as their God and savior through faith.

Funny, but true.

Judaism places emphasis on correct conduct (or orthopraxy), focusing on the Mosaic covenant, as recorded in the Torah and Talmud. Christiansbelieve in individual salvation from sin through receiving Jesus Christ as their God and savior through faith.
So what? Jesus, among other things, was a Jewish reformer. Was he not?

Funny, but true.

He didn't come to reform the Jews he came to give them the truth

Funny, but true.

Actually he did because they had elevated the form of religion rather than the meaning.

Funny, but true.

Actually he did because they had elevated the form of religion rather than the meaning.

He may have hoped the truth would reform them but they rejected him as he knew they would

Funny, but true.

He may have hoped the truth would reform them but they rejected him as he knew they would
He did not come to abolish the law or the prophets. He came to fulfill them.

Really?

It melds pretty well.

Strange that.
Yeah, I agree.

Which means that Trump and Obama are not all good or all bad as much as some would like to believe.

Well, Virginia, some people are all good, and some people are all bad. Some people are sitting on the fence.

To do evil never enters the thoughts of some people whether they live for 30, 50 or 100 years. If they always choose what is good in life they would do so if they lived forever.

Some people would always choose what is evil whether they lived for 30, 50 or 100 years. If they would chose evil for their entire lives they would always choose evil even if they lived forever.

There really is no in between, nothing but a void.

To fulfill the law is to comply with its demands. The law will always remain in effect and will always be in full force. Jesus fulfilled the demands of the law, entered the kingdom of heaven and received eternal life. If you do nothing you will receive nothing.

If you do not fulfill the demands of the law you will remain under its curse.

To fulfill the law is to comply with its demands. The law will always remain in effect and will always be in full force. Jesus fulfilled the demands of the law, entered the kingdom of heaven and received eternal life. If you do nothing you will receive nothing.

you are not under the law, but under grace

It melds pretty well.

Strange that.
Yeah, I agree.

Well, Virginia, some people are all good, and some people are all bad. Some people are sitting on the fence.

To do evil never enters the thoughts of some people whether they live for 30, 50 or 100 years. If they always choose what is good in life they would do so if they lived forever.

Some people would always choose what is evil whether they lived for 30, 50 or 100 years. If they would chose evil for their entire lives they would always choose evil even if they lived forever.

You cannot get in Heaven by being good and no one is to bad to be saved

It melds pretty well.

Strange that.
Yeah, I agree.

Right, you can't get into heaven by being good. You get into heaven by doing what is right. If you do what is right you will become good, a strange new creature on this very strange planet.

and people who do what is wrong and consequently have become evil will hate you.,

If you are perplexed and need some guidance to help you learn to differentiate between good and evil, study the divine menu, choose wisely and then eat.

Remember, avoid the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate or else you won't be able to think at all.

Last edited:

you are not under the law, but under grace

The burden of the law is knowledge of the curse, the death consequent for failure to comply.

No one who violates the law of God and practices idolatry as a matter of religious devotion is under any grace. If scripture is true, they are under a curse, the death consequent for rebellion against the will of God for people to not be idiots.

Jesus removed the burden of the law, the curse, death, not the law itself, by teaching the right way to do it. Only the wrong way to follow the law became obsolete. If you do not conform to the instruction of the law correctly you cannot have the life promised for obedience to the law in you, even if you never ate a pork chop, never got a parking ticket, never missed a bris, never had sex outside of marriage, never drank whiskey, smoked pot, or lifted a finger on Saturday.

Jesus taught people how to correctly understand the figurative language and grasp the hidden subjects of the law providing the opportunity for anyone with common sense to reach out their hand, take and eat of the fruit of the tree of life, accept the divine revelation, act on it, and never know what it is to die.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree.

Right, you can't get into heaven by being good. You get into heaven by doing what is right. If you do what is right you will become good, a strange new creature on this very strange planet.

and people who do what is wrong and consequently have become evil will hate you.,

If you are perplexed and need some guidance to help you learn to differentiate between good and evil, study the divine menu, choose wisely and then eat.

Remember, avoid the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate or else you won't be able to think at all.

Yeah, right.

Folks that eat bacon can't think at all?

:auiqs.jpg:

Every last one of them are just like Homer. . . .

Yeah, I agree.

Yeah, right.

Folks that eat bacon can't think at all?

:auiqs.jpg:

Every last one of them are just like Homer. . . .

If you eat the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, think deeply, it will defile and contaminate your mind and you will degenerate into an unclean creature that cannot ruminate, think deeply.

The law is not a warning about bacon. Its a warning about swallowing the irrational teaching of dirtbags who ain't too swift...because if you don't stand guard over the purity of your own mind you will become one.

Thanks for helping me reveal the wisdom of God in giving the law and for so generously providing clear evidence of the disturbing consequences for setting aside divine instruction and filling your mind with crap.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back