Alternative facts + Truth isn't Truth = Gatorade

And of course the MSNBC and CNN, as well as the NYT - are all doing Putin the biggest favor he could possibly hope for.
And once again, a Russian leader can aptly call American's - Useful Idiots.

Another thing I find funny about Rudy's appearance on MTP was that he said they didn't know if she was Russian or not.

Rudy Giuliani's Sunday show appearance was a total disaster - CNNPolitics

RUDY GIULIANI: That was the original intention of the meeting. It turned out to be a meeting about another subject and it was not pursued at all. And, of course, any meeting with regard to getting information on your opponent is something any candidate's staff would take. If someone said, I have information about your opponent, you would take that meeting. If it happens to be a person with a Russian --
CHUCK TODD: From the Russian government?
RUDY GIULIANI: She didn't represent the Russian government, she's a private citizen. I don't even know if they knew she was Russian at the time. All they had was her name.

Why is that funny? Before last year no one in their right mind would go "OMG can't talk to Russian's" - that's just paranoia... Before 2016, Russian's were not considered the enemy by the majority of folks, my family had tons of Russian's over in our house for dinner - joint training missions, hosting their soldiers and shit. Everything changed /after/ Trump won the election, not before it.

I find it funny that Rudy said that nobody knew she was Russian until the meeting was held. I seem to remember an email trail that Trump Jr. sent concerning the meeting with the Russians.

Donald Trump Jr.'s Emails About Meeting With Russian Lawyer, Annotated

As far as Russia not being considered an enemy? I seem to remember different back in the early 80's, because we had pulled into a port where a Russian navy ship had also pulled into. We were all told to not initiate conversations with them, but if we ended up talking to them, the conversation and what it was about had to be reported. Well, we were sitting at an outside cafe, when a bunch of them rolled up and sat next to us. One of our guys said "hey, do you have to report conversations you have with Americans like we do with you"? One of them said yes, and we all ended up talking about how crappy deployment was and all the crap that went along with sea duty. After meeting them, I came away from the encounter thinking that they were just like me, only they had a different government that didn't like mine. When it came down to the grunts on the ground, we were pretty similar.

Relations with Russia didn't soften until Reagan and Gorbachov got together and the Berlin wall came down.

By the way, were you around during the Cold War? I was.

Another thing I find funny about Rudy's appearance on MTP was that he said they didn't know if she was Russian or not.

RUDY GIULIANI: That was the original intention of the meeting. It turned out to be a meeting about another subject and it was not pursued at all. And, of course, any meeting with regard to getting information on your opponent is something any candidate's staff would take. If someone said, I have information about your opponent, you would take that meeting. If it happens to be a person with a Russian --
RUDY GIULIANI: She didn't represent the Russian government, she's a private citizen. I don't even know if they knew she was Russian at the time. All they had was her name.

Why is that funny? Before last year no one in their right mind would go "OMG can't talk to Russian's" - that's just paranoia... Before 2016, Russian's were not considered the enemy by the majority of folks, my family had tons of Russian's over in our house for dinner - joint training missions, hosting their soldiers and shit. Everything changed /after/ Trump won the election, not before it.

I find it funny that Rudy said that nobody knew she was Russian until the meeting was held. I seem to remember an email trail that Trump Jr. sent concerning the meeting with the Russians.

As far as Russia not being considered an enemy? I seem to remember different back in the early 80's, because we had pulled into a port where a Russian navy ship had also pulled into. We were all told to not initiate conversations with them, but if we ended up talking to them, the conversation and what it was about had to be reported. Well, we were sitting at an outside cafe, when a bunch of them rolled up and sat next to us. One of our guys said "hey, do you have to report conversations you have with Americans like we do with you"? One of them said yes, and we all ended up talking about how crappy deployment was and all the crap that went along with sea duty. After meeting them, I came away from the encounter thinking that they were just like me, only they had a different government that didn't like mine. When it came down to the grunts on the ground, we were pretty similar.

Relations with Russia didn't soften until Reagan and Gorbachov got together and the Berlin wall came down.

My father was kind of a big wig military guy in Alaska from the late 70s through uhm 2010ish. I was "on the front lines" of the Cold War, before, during, and after it... Father was the commander of Fort Rich after the Cold War, commander of the Alaska National Guard, commander of Alaska space missile defense, military advisory to the state... Back when we were organizing joint training missions with the [modern] Russian military there was no animosity or hatred like now. Even after Crimea, the training missions stopped because the UN sanctions, but there wasn't like idk hatred, just a... disagreement on the validity of the vote.

~shrug~ Maybe us Alaskan's just got over the USSR thing faster, we do have a fairly large population of "native Russian's" - folks who never moved back to Russia after the US bought it. Plus the Russian's regularly save our asses up here, like shit will freeze up early and the US icebreakers can't or won't get up north, Russian navy will step up and get the cargo ships into port so we don't have swaths of native villages dying over the winter due to lack of supplies. I suppose that may bias us a bit, like we actually see Russian's doing good things, vs the MSM doesn't ever talk about that "good stuff," they only talk about the bad shit. We're also, I suppose, a bit less hostile toward succession when it comes to like Crimea, a lot of folks up here have more of a "they voted for it so..." kind of mentality than the lower 48 folks who are like "that's not an option" (*see also the civil war argument too, traditionally there were a lot of Texan's up here in Alaska for the oil heh)

Regardless, thousands of people were doing business with Russian's and thinking nothing of it prior to Trump being elected, there was not an impression that they were "the enemy." That impression came about only /after/ the election. That meeting with Trump Jr. took place /before/ the election /before/ all the "Russia is the enemy" shit became popular. Most folks didn't think "oh that lawyer is Russian, better not talk to them," any more than one would think "Oh that buyer is hispanic, better not sell to them," or "that investor is European, better not trust them," etc. It just wasn't on folks radar that Russia was "a threat," the only countries on the "threat" radar back then were terrorist supporting ME countries and NK. So no, it's not at all a surprise that no one thought anything of some lawyer being Russian or not; classical liberal history revision. It's intellectually dishonest.

My father was kind of a big wig military guy in Alaska from the late 70s through uhm 2010ish. I was "on the front lines" of the Cold War, before, during, and after it... Father was the commander of Fort Rich after the Cold War, commander of the Alaska National Guard, commander of Alaska space missile defense, military advisory to the state... Back when we were organizing joint training missions with the [modern] Russian military there was no animosity or hatred like now. Even after Crimea, the training missions stopped because the UN sanctions, but there wasn't like idk hatred, just a... disagreement on the validity of the vote.

~shrug~ Maybe us Alaskan's just got over the USSR thing faster, we do have a fairly large population of "native Russian's" - folks who never moved back to Russia after the US bought it. Plus the Russian's regularly save our asses up here, like shit will freeze up early and the US icebreakers can't or won't get up north, Russian navy will step up and get the cargo ships into port so we don't have swaths of native villages dying over the winter due to lack of supplies. I suppose that may bias us a bit, like we actually see Russian's doing good things, vs the MSM doesn't ever talk about that "good stuff," they only talk about the bad shit. We're also, I suppose, a bit less hostile toward succession when it comes to like Crimea, a lot of folks up here have more of a "they voted for it so..." kind of mentality than the lower 48 folks who are like "that's not an option" (*see also the civil war argument too, traditionally there were a lot of Texan's up here in Alaska for the oil heh)

Regardless, thousands of people were doing business with Russian's and thinking nothing of it prior to Trump being elected, there was not an impression that they were "the enemy." That impression came about only /after/ the election. That meeting with Trump Jr. took place /before/ the election /before/ all the "Russia is the enemy" shit became popular. Most folks didn't think "oh that lawyer is Russian, better not talk to them," any more than one would think "Oh that buyer is hispanic, better not sell to them," or "that investor is European, better not trust them," etc. It just wasn't on folks radar that Russia was "a threat," the only countries on the "threat" radar back then were terrorist supporting ME countries and NK. So no, it's not at all a surprise that no one thought anything of some lawyer being Russian or not; classical liberal history revision. It's intellectually dishonest.

There is a difference between doing business, and getting political dirt on your opponent from a foreign government. Doing business with other nations is just good trade, and it can be done legally.

Getting dirt on your political opponents from foreign governments is against our election laws.

One is legal, the other isn't. Get it?

What is truly sad...is pretty much every American main source of "news" has the legitimacy of National Inquirer.
It's all useless white noise. Which is exactly what those in power want us to have.
Except on the National Enquirer was caught paying people to sit on stories in order to protect Trump..

Other than that, National Enquirer is exactly like all of the other news outlets

There is a difference between doing business, and getting political dirt on your opponent from a foreign government. Doing business with other nations is just good trade, and it can be done legally.

Getting dirt on your political opponents from foreign governments is against our election laws.

mmhmmm so when does the special council for Hillary Clinton who actually paid for foreign intelligence dirt on Trump start again?

For the record ABikerSailor I think there's a idk difference between you and I (dare I say partisan and non-partisan citizens?)

It's like, personally, I don't really give two shits where opo-research comes from; be it a company, a foreign gov, friends of the family, enemies of the opposition party, etc. It doesn't matter to me if it's a Russian digging up dirt, or John Smith from Texas - no difference. All dirt on politician's should be both researched and made public to we the voters regardless of it's origin. So like I don't get too bent about whistle blowers, I don't mind Wikileaks being around, I don't care if foreign leaders are publicly outting shit about Trump, nor do I care if they out shit about Clinton. I want to hear it all so that /I/ can make an informed decision, I don't need some US government bureaucrat "filtering" my information about people, ya know? Like I'll decide on my own if it's plausible or just made up bullshit, this isn't an area I want the US gov limiting or interfering with my ability to gain knowledge... I guess I'm in opposition to the law in general and that plays a part in my outrage, or lack of outrage in this case, at the prospect that the Russian government said they had dirt on Hillary - I just don't care ~shrug~

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/201808/n_mj_revoke_180820.760;380;7;70;5.jpg https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/201808/n_mj_giuliani_180820.760;380;7;70;5.jp

Trump and Rudy Giuliani are pandering to the Gatorade crowd right now with their campaign of "alternative facts" and "truth isn't truth".

They know now that they cannot win in the court of law, and that their only chance, is to win in the court of opinion.

Giuliani, speaking for Trump on Meet The Press, gave us the actual truth, with Giuliani's incoherent explanation of what the truth is. "Truth isn't truth". Lol!

Folks, I think we can safely say, that the Gatorade crowd has finally taken over the Trump administration. There really isn't but one thing left to do now. Bring the blue wave back in, and bring sanity back to this nation.

Depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

See what all that Gatorade has done for you?

What Gatorade ?

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/201808/n_mj_revoke_180820.760;380;7;70;5.jpg https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/201808/n_mj_giuliani_180820.760;380;7;70;5.jp

Trump and Rudy Giuliani are pandering to the Gatorade crowd right now with their campaign of "alternative facts" and "truth isn't truth".

They know now that they cannot win in the court of law, and that their only chance, is to win in the court of opinion.

Giuliani, speaking for Trump on Meet The Press, gave us the actual truth, with Giuliani's incoherent explanation of what the truth is. "Truth isn't truth". Lol!

Folks, I think we can safely say, that the Gatorade crowd has finally taken over the Trump administration. There really isn't but one thing left to do now. Bring the blue wave back in, and bring sanity back to this nation.

What Gatorade ?

"Is is"? Are you promoting a riddle, or are you actually trying to say something? One can only delineate one conclusion from this offering of yours, is how I see it.

Hey moonbat. That is direct quote from Bill Clinton. It is right up there with Truth isn't truth. Educate yourself and quit being a moron.

I could care less if the quote came out of your britches. At the end of the day, whoever says what, determines whether you support stupid, or not.

Related:

On August 17, 1998, President Clinton was asked whether the statement by his lawyer Robert S. Bennett to Judge Susan Webber Wright that, “there is absolutely no sex of any kind in any manner, shape or form, with President Clinton [and Monica Lewinsky]" was truthful, President Clinton replied, “It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.” Clinton explained that if “is” meant “never has been” that is one thing; but, if “is” meant “there is none currently” then the statement by Mr. Bennett was correct.

[The exchange between Deputy Independent Counsel Solomon “Sol” Wisenberg and President Bill Clinton]

Q: Mr. President, I want to, before I go into a new subject area, briefly go over something you were talking about with Mr. Bittman. The statement of your attorney, Mr. Bennett, at Paula Jones deposition, "Counsel is fully aware" – it's page 54, line 5 – "Counsel is fully aware that Ms. Lewinsky has filed, has an affidavit which they are in possession of saying that there is absolutely no sex of any kind in any manner, shape or form, with President Clinton". That statement is made by your attorney in front Judge Susan Webber Wright, correct?

A: That’s correct.

Q: That statement is a completely false statement. Whether or not Mr. Bennett knew of your relationship with Ms. Lewinsky, the statement that there was "no sex of any kind in any manner, shape or form, with President Clinton," was an utterly false statement. Is that correct?

A: It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is. If the – if he – if "is" means is and never has been that is not – that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement. But, as I have testified, and I'd like to testify again, this is – it is somewhat unusual for a client to be asked about his lawyer's statements, instead of the other way around. I was not paying a great deal of attention to this exchange. I was focusing on my own testimony…]

For the record ABikerSailor I think there's a idk difference between you and I (dare I say partisan and non-partisan citizens?)

It's like, personally, I don't really give two shits where opo-research comes from; be it a company, a foreign gov, friends of the family, enemies of the opposition party, etc. It doesn't matter to me if it's a Russian digging up dirt, or John Smith from Texas - no difference. All dirt on politician's should be both researched and made public to we the voters regardless of it's origin. So like I don't get too bent about whistle blowers, I don't mind Wikileaks being around, I don't care if foreign leaders are publicly outting shit about Trump, nor do I care if they out shit about Clinton. I want to hear it all so that /I/ can make an informed decision, I don't need some US government bureaucrat "filtering" my information about people, ya know? Like I'll decide on my own if it's plausible or just made up bullshit, this isn't an area I want the US gov limiting or interfering with my ability to gain knowledge... I guess I'm in opposition to the law in general and that plays a part in my outrage, or lack of outrage in this case, at the prospect that the Russian government said they had dirt on Hillary - I just don't care ~shrug~
Not caring where it comes from, has legal ramifications. But do carry on with your "don't care". It's a big help for the opposition.

You seem to really hate Gatorade.

Were you bitten by Gatorade as a child?
Yes! I also hate non-existent counter arguments like yours, that promote the Gatorade crowd. It's the Gatorade crowd who are taking this country down and making us the laughing stock. You seem to be proud of that?

Say what it's the Gatorade crowd that works, it's your faggot crowd that wants to take this country down like sodom and gormorrah.
Then keep drinking it.

Will do, so it doesn't turn me into a guy who wears dresses and needs a safe place ....
We'll, let's hope you and your off-topic homophobic hatred have a great day.

What Gatorade ?
What Gatorade ?
"Is is"? Are you promoting a riddle, or are you actually trying to say something? One can only delineate one conclusion from this offering of yours, is how I see it.
Hey moonbat. That is direct quote from Bill Clinton. It is right up there with Truth isn't truth. Educate yourself and quit being a moron.

I could care less if the quote came out of your britches. At the end of the day, whoever says what, determines whether you support stupid, or not.
You think because someone points out that you are being biased and deflective, it means they support Trump? You really are a fucking moron.

Why is that funny? Before last year no one in their right mind would go "OMG can't talk to Russian's" - that's just paranoia... Before 2016, Russian's were not considered the enemy by the majority of folks, my family had tons of Russian's over in our house for dinner - joint training missions, hosting their soldiers and shit. Everything changed regarding "the Russian's" /after/ Trump won the election, not before it, before it there was nothing really on the radar of "bad" for doing business with Russian's, being friend's with Russian's etc. ALL of that "hate for Russian's" came post Trump's election.
Really? Have you heard of our long standing policy of implementing sanctions against the Russians for invading other countries?

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfaaA-N9ss

Do you have nightmares about ICE?

So, Hillary and the DNC broke the law when they hired a law firm to hire Fusion Gps to get dirt on Trump from the Russians? Or, do these laws only apply to Republican candidates?

What Gatorade ?
What Gatorade ?

You think because someone points out that you are being biased and deflective, it means they support Trump? You really are a fucking moron.
If there was something deflective in my OP, the board is all yours to explain away "alternative facts" and "truth isn't truth", because "is is" means nothing to me. Another time, another place of trying to be a con. And that's all it means to me. Today is August 20th, 2018. Almost twenty years away from "is is". Get up to speed. Your past is obviously haunting you.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfaaA-N9ss

Dear WTP some wisdom I got from my mom about communication:
The "truth" has three layers
* the TRUE meaning and content for each person they are trying to express
* their WAYS of expressing or communicating that
* the PERCEPTION of the person receiving hearing or reading that

When we have biases in perception, we project that onto everything else we
see or say. So this biases communication. It clouds the truth behind 2-3 layers.
Or more if you multiple by the people in a group all jumping on each other's words.

Not only do we speak from different perspectives (not only religious use different
terms or languages to symbolize abstract concepts, but political left and right use different scenarios to express rights and beliefs),
but we PERCEIVE things differently once we have a bias about one group or another.

So we don't speak or hear the same things when we share or express our thoughts and beliefs.

We might as well be speaking different languages!

So that's why we have issues and conflicts we can't easily resolve.
We have to be able and willing to look through the biases in communication and perception,
to ever get to the truth we are trying to share back and forth.

This is hard enough when two people of different backgrounds
are TRYING to reach an agreement and resolve miscommunication or misunderstanding/misperceptions.

it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to resolve when one or both sides refuse to work it out
but WANT to stay in conflict so they can justify clobbering each other!

So, Hillary and the DNC broke the law when they hired a law firm to hire Fusion Gps to get dirt on Trump from the Russians? Or, do these laws only apply to Republican candidates?
Fusion GPS doesn't work for Russia. Trump, his family, and the rest of his goon squad working for the Russian mob hired Russians to get dirt on Hillary, at a Trump tower meeting. One is illegal, one isn't. Any more stupid questions?

Why is that funny? Before last year no one in their right mind would go "OMG can't talk to Russian's" - that's just paranoia... Before 2016, Russian's were not considered the enemy by the majority of folks, my family had tons of Russian's over in our house for dinner - joint training missions, hosting their soldiers and shit. Everything changed regarding "the Russian's" /after/ Trump won the election, not before it, before it there was nothing really on the radar of "bad" for doing business with Russian's, being friend's with Russian's etc. ALL of that "hate for Russian's" came post Trump's election.
Really? Have you heard of our long standing policy of implementing sanctions against the Russians for invading other countries?

Again, no one was really thinking "Russian's are the enemy" prior to 2016. The Crimea thing got some folks up in arms back in 2014 no doubt, but not really a majority of American's, a damned lot of us thought "they voted for it" - and ironically a lot of us followed up that initial thought with something along the lines of "why the fuck are we and the UN interfering in other nations votes?" Because that /was/ exactly what the US and EU were doing in the case of Crimean succession. We declared their vote as "invalid"? Really? Who the fuck do we think we are?

Anyway, the bottom line is that it really didn't make it onto the radar of "American's hate Russians"

OMG. Is this man completely uninformed or what? He doesn't know about Jr's email, even? "I don't even know if they knew she was Russian..."

Forum List

Back