Alternative facts + Truth isn't Truth = Gatorade

Come to think of it, anyone know if anything came of those two campaign finance complaints filed by... Common Cause I believe it was. One was for McDougal the other for Stormy. I can't find anything on them, even the original fillings with the DOJ and the FEC are 404'ed -- Anyone else hear anything on what's up with them?

Funny you should ask that. When Cohen pleaded guilty, he also dropped a dime on Trump about those very things. Here's the link from FOX News concerning said complaints...........................(I used FOX so the conservatives wouldn't scream "fake news")....................

Michael Cohen admits violating campaign finance laws 'at direction of' Trump

Michael Cohen, President Trump's longtime personal attorney, admitted Tuesday to violating federal campaign finance laws by arranging hush money payments to adult film star Stormy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal "at the direction" of then-candidate Trump.

In entering the plea, Cohen did not specifically name the two women or even Trump, recounting instead that he worked with an "unnamed candidate." But the amounts and the dates all lined up with the payments made to Daniels and McDougal.

In total, Cohen pleaded guilty to five counts of tax evasion, one count of making false statements to a financial institution, one count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution, and one count of making an excessive campaign contribution.

So Cohen is taking a bullet for Trump after all, interesting. I didn't expect it given his statement about putting his family first.

Lets see if Meuller can stick the lying lawyers 'new' claims in a case against Trump heh

So Cohen is taking a bullet for Trump after all, interesting. I didn't expect it given his statement about putting his family first.

Lets see if Meuller can stick the lying lawyers 'new' claims in a case against Trump heh

You think that Cohen saying that Trump ordered him to pay off the Playboy Bunny and Ms. Daniels is taking a bullet for him? I call that throwing him under the bus. Trump's initial statement is that he didn't know anything about the payments to keep those women quiet. If he ordered Cohen to make the payments, he definitely knew about them.

You think that Cohen saying that Trump ordered him to pay off the Playboy Bunny and Ms. Daniels is taking a bullet for him? I call that throwing him under the bus. Trump's initial statement is that he didn't know anything about the payments to keep those women quiet. If he ordered Cohen to make the payments, he definitely knew about them.

Trump said he'd paid off the women a long time ago, did you miss the whole Stormy news cycle or something? Trump said he didn't sleep with her. These two things are not the same.

Now Cohen, according to the actual court paperwork, plead that /he/ fraudulently caused Trump's campaign to commit campaign finance laws. He also said that Trump was aware he was paying them off. However, neither of these two things necessarily mean that Trump willfully violated any campaign finance law... In fact, there's a tape out where Trump asked Cohen if he needed cash to pay the women/national inquirer - Cohen told Trump, no and that he'd take care of it. Trump was more than willing to pay out of pocket, which is legal and allowable - however, Cohen /fraudulently/ billed the campaign instead.

Not that I expect any of the political hacks on a forum to be intellectually honest about it, but can you see how that's actually a violation on Cohen's part, not Trump's? It doesn't matter to me, the left needed a pick-me-up anyway, was getting pretty bleak over there heh

Forum List

Back