Alright islamophobes, take a shot of truth serum then answer this question

I was very specific and I am not discussing European history. Many on this forum have suggested that the US is responsible for all the violence in the Middle East. I would like someone to back up that statement with examples of peace and harmony in the Arab world within that time
frame. I do not pretend to be well versed in this area and I am simply asking for information.

I was very specific and I am not discussing European history. Many on this forum have suggested that the US is responsible for all the violence in the Middle East. I would like someone to back up that statement with examples of peace and harmony in the Arab world within that time
frame. I do not pretend to be well versed in this area and I am simply asking for information.

But there hasn't been a significant period of history in any populated region during which there was total peace and harmony. I was asking if you could give us an example of the kind of peace and harmony you're referring to (from European or any other non-Middle Eastern history) so I can try to determine whether or not there have been examples of equivalent periods in Middle Eastern history.

The UN is a big bitch, they lost all respect from me after what happened with this Afghan mob, the UN guards were unable to fire on the crowd because UN rules forbid them from protecting themselves, even when fired upon. The UN is a pussy paper tiger and actually they are also responsible for the deaths of these men, because they did nothing.:evil:

the UN is useless.....they have the most powerful Countries on the Planet sitting on their so called "Security Council".....and if some atrocity is happening somewhere,that they could stop very easily,it doesnt get done because one of them is against acting against the Country in question because they have financial ties to them.....one Country on the Council should not be abel to veto a needed action.....it should be a Majority vote....and if any Country does not abide by the vote....they get the boot from the Council.....

Thats the thing, the UN has members in it like China and Russia with good Militaries but those countries never get involved in anything Militarily unless its for their own interests, I can't remember the last time China or Russia put in troops for a US mission. Basically unless the US, England, Australia etc put on some muscle, the UN is basically worthless, they couldn't even invade the girl scouts headquarters if they tried.

have to agree.....

But there hasn't been a significant period of history in any populated region during which there was total peace and harmony. I was asking if you could give us an example of the kind of peace and harmony you're referring to (from European or any other non-Middle Eastern history) so I can try to determine whether or not there have been examples of equivalent periods in Middle Eastern history.

Yes there has. U.S.A. from WWII to 9/11/01. (on our soil). How about Canada?

Has Afghanistan ever been a peaceful nation? I do not blame the Afghan people for being angry about these endless wars, but they have no right to blame the U.S. for it. And perhaps the majority don't. But there are people here who do.

I am war weary. I want our troops home. And I am resigned to the fact that we cannot win because our soldiers are not permitted to play by the same ugly and ruthless rules. I wish we could just walk away and let them sort it all out for themselves. And if we did, we would they stop hating us?

Of course not. Some idiot may burn another book someday.

Has Afghanistan ever been a peaceful nation? I do not blame the Afghan people for being angry about these endless wars, but they have no right to blame the U.S. for it. And perhaps the majority don't. But there are people here who do.

I am war weary. I want our troops home. And I am resigned to the fact that we cannot win because our soldiers are not permitted to play by the same ugly and ruthless rules. I wish we could just walk away and let them sort it all out for themselves. And if we did, we would they stop hating us?

That's a big cop out, just because we've had better technology than the people we're fighting thus causing them to not be able to fight here on our soil doesn't mean we've been at peace.

The more we warmonger, the more people will hate us, their religion doesn't matter.

The thing we did in Germany and Japan and haven't had the stomach to do since, is actually fight to win. We completely destroyed cities, killed massive numbers of civilians and utterly destroyed their governments and their ability to wage war. We demoralized them until they were at the point they knew it was far more adventageous to be our friend than our enemy
I suggest we again fight wars with the objective of winning them

I don't think our leaders these days have the heart to fight wars like that, in Afghanistan we are trying to fight a war while being their friend at the same time, that doesn't work.:evil:

Yes, in the 60s and 70s before the Soviet invasion Afghanistan was fairly peaceful.:cool:

schoolgirls+in+Kabul+1960s.jpg

afghan-record-store.jpg

afghanistan-2.jpg

Yes, in the 60s and 70s before the Soviet invasion Afghanistan was fairly peaceful.:cool:

afghan-record-store.jpg

afghanistan-2.jpg
Who knew that pictures of everyday life in the 60s would appear as a futuristic sci-fi scene compared to the present society?

afghan-record-store.jpg

afghanistan-2.jpg
Who knew that pictures of everyday life in the 60s would appear as a futuristic sci-fi scene compared to the present society?

Thats the sad part of it, the Afghans in the 1960s had it alot better than their grandchildren in 2011.:(

The thing we did in Germany and Japan and haven't had the stomach to do since, is actually fight to win. We completely destroyed cities, killed massive numbers of civilians and utterly destroyed their governments and their ability to wage war. We demoralized them until they were at the point they knew it was far more adventageous to be our friend than our enemy
I suggest we again fight wars with the objective of winning them

I don't think our leaders these days have the heart to fight wars like that, in Afghanistan we are trying to fight a war while being their friend at the same time, that doesn't work.:evil:

plus it doesnt matter for a group of people who can give rats ass about us......and will spit in our faces when its all over.....

afghan-record-store.jpg

afghanistan-2.jpg

:lol:.....are you serious here?.....:eusa_eh:

afghan-record-store.jpg

afghanistan-2.jpg

bro, you would not know serious of you were staring it in your face..... :eek: did i say that, bet your bippy i did...

afghan-record-store.jpg

afghanistan-2.jpg

Sure, Afghanistan wasn't that bad before the Soviet Invasion and the country got flooded with Jihadis, partly thanks to us.:evil:

afghan-record-store.jpg

afghanistan-2.jpg

Sure, Afghanistan wasn't that bad before the Soviet Invasion and the country got flooded with Jihadis, partly thanks to us.:evil:

i dont know...i dont think that middle photo is a record store in Afghanistan.....everything is in english.....and i dont think the Afghanies were rocking and rolling....just sayin....

i dont know...i dont think that middle photo is a record store in Afghanistan.....everything is in english.....and i dont think the Afghanies were rocking and rolling....just sayin....

I can understand your apprehension to believe it because Afghanistan is so fucked now.

It is amazing what a bunch of Islamic people can do to a culture when given free reign, isn't it?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

I can understand your apprehension to believe it because Afghanistan is so fucked now.

3rd poorest 3rd world country in the world, would've been so much smarter to just let the Soviets fight for it and leave be.

3rd poorest 3rd world country in the world, would've been so much smarter to just let the Soviets fight for it and leave be.

Yup, should have just let the Soviets have it. Everything would have been much better off.

Forum List

Back