Aloha

stoneridge

Stoney
Jan 31, 2010
Suburbs of Indianapolis, In.
I am a 55 year old amateur political pundit. I have been interested in politics most of my life. I have a tendency to lean to the right on the political spectrum. I have been a member of another political forum for the last 5 and half years. Primarily a liberal board with a few conservatives sprinkled in for good measure. The so called "owner" made a reference to my deceased mother in a name he called me about 2 months ago. Needless to say we had it out. After the time I had spent there you can start to recognize writing styles and the liberal managers were dressing up and coming into the forum and causing unnecessary problems. Even though I have several folks I will miss big time, I don't need that. I like the fact that you can't have multiple identities here.

I hope to make friendly associations with folks from both sides of the aisle. Don't get me wrong I am no thinned skinned weenie and I can give and take with the best. I love to use humor.Give me a little time to get my feet wet and I am sure I can contribute to what looks like a great place to be.

Welcome, although we've got some Libtards here like the owner of the previous board you were on, many who are extremely racist. The mods let them stay, but will delete their foul language and personal insults if you ask them to.

Stoneridge, have you ever toured Benjamin Harrison's home in Indianapolis? I did some years back, he and Caroline are buried in Crown Hill cemetery. There is a rare wax cylinder recording of his voice online, from 1889 I believe. He has kind of a deep voice, the earliest known recording of a President's voice.

Lawbuff can't say that I have, But I just found out watching a show on PBS regarding one of the very first recording studios putting voice and music on wax was over real close to the Ohio/Indiana state line on the National Road from that time period. I saved the show (DVR) I will see if I can find the name of the company. It maybe where the recording was made.

Amazing technology for the time. William Jennings Bryant recorded a speech he delivered before congress at the business.
They won't let me post URLS till after 15 posts
Wiki has a piece on Starr Gennett recordings

Thanks for the welcome. I don't speak Ebonics, but I spent close to 15 years in Hawaii so I know a little pigeon. Thanks again for the welcome

Harry Reid gives lessons. You can also buy this T-shirt. Just turn the switch to 'On' and you're good to go.

negro_dialect_1.gif

Welcome aboard.

Thanks Sarge! Spent a little time in the U.S. Army myself. 3 year enlistment, stationed at 8th Division Headquarters Bad Kreuznach, Germany. 8th Aviation Company. Division Generals own private little air Brigade. Few Hueys and couple of 58's. Great Duty. 76/79 Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:
welcome to the monkey house

bigots on a messageboard? say it aint so...the net is full of izms....you would think on a mental plane people would be beyond that...but they are not.....

okay duckie and xis seem to be warming up to ya....now ask yourself...is that really a good thing?

Bones I am an open kind of fellar. I treat folks like they treat me. Hope to get along with all but old enough and smart enough to know it doesn't work out that way. Thanks for the acknowledgment.

I am a 55 year old amateur political pundit. I have been interested in politics most of my life. I have a tendency to lean to the right on the political spectrum. I have been a member of another political forum for the last 5 and half years. Primarily a liberal board with a few conservatives sprinkled in for good measure. The so called "owner" made a reference to my deceased mother in a name he called me about 2 months ago. Needless to say we had it out. After the time I had spent there you can start to recognize writing styles and the liberal managers were dressing up and coming into the forum and causing unnecessary problems. Even though I have several folks I will miss big time, I don't need that. I like the fact that you can't have multiple identities here.

I hope to make friendly associations with folks from both sides of the aisle. Don't get me wrong I am no thinned skinned weenie and I can give and take with the best. I love to use humor.Give me a little time to get my feet wet and I am sure I can contribute to what looks like a great place to be.
Welcome to the fray. Many sites are run by arrogant, omniscient, pompous people that think ownership of a posting site brings with it intelligence and lack of bias. It does not. Some of them appear to think they are getting out to the entire world when in actuality, most of these sites are utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

This one is the closest I've experienced to a really well-run site with FOS. Some that don't allow total FOS are better run, but less interesting. Just obey the rules and take your lumps when you step over the line and get chastised by those who must be obeyed. I doubt you will be one to step over the lines here. Others will. Pay them no mind.

I visited Indy a couple of times. First time was in the '60s when the SummerNational Drag Races were there. Tommy Ivo had a four-engine Buick that was awesome. A guy from Georgia won his class of competition in the raggediest lookin' rail job one could imagine....raggediest and fastest.

I visited there again in the early '80s when there was about 2 feet of snow on the ground (seemed like anyway) and I drove my big, bad, 4WD, F-250, loaded down land-yacht from the deep South to the shallow North and stayed for a few days. It was a fine trip.

You don't really need multiple identities here. It makes no sense to me anyway. We have our fair share of numbnuts with multiple tags. They are similar to some I knew of on another site. They prove their idiocy under one name, then come in with another and start agreeing with themselves in a display of bogus support for their own ideas. I say one should just be what he is and proud of it.

Remember...just because somebody calls you a name doesn't mean that's what you are.

Again...welcome.

BTW...could you please drop the bolding?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back