Almost Persuaded

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
This song almost persuaded me to become a Christian again. This song is amazing and invokes powerful emotions within me. I cannot listen to it without intense tears. I love this song more than any song I have ever heard.

This song almost persuaded me to become a Christian again. This song is amazing and invokes powerful emotions within me. I cannot listen to it without intense tears. I love this song more than any song I have ever heard.

Maybe you're still a Christian, you just haven't figured out what that means yet.

What does it mean to be a Christian ?
Christianity begins with faith in a Creator, who is Spirit, and that humans are made up of body, mind, and spirit. It continues with a faith that our lives have meaning, and that the most fulfilling way to live this life is to put God and His ways first and to love one another as much as we love oneself.

Christians acknowledge that God alone is holy, and that He created us to be a Holy people--a perfection humans struggle to attain. Our failures are noted--and forgiven--as work at keeping God as our first priority and loving each other as God commands. This was Christ's message to us. We believe he is our example of a human living a holy life, a life dedicated solely to the will of God--that God is with us from our conception (as He was with Jesus) to our death and beyond (again as He was/is with Christ).

Maybe you're still a Christian, you just haven't figured out what that means yet.

I am sure I am a Christian by some definition of the word. I am fully immersed in the culture. I ethically behave as a Christian. I love everything about Christianity even the crusades. I just don't believe in magic. There isn't an invisible deity. Thus there isn't an invisible son with magic blood.

However, I could easily be described as a Christian. There just isn't an invisible all powerful god capable of speaking that chooses to communicate to me through my untrustworthy emotions.

If I trusted my emotions then I would be all in.

I am sure I am a Christian by some definition of the word. I am fully immersed in the culture. I ethically behave as a Christian. I love everything about Christianity even the crusades. I just don't believe in magic. There isn't an invisible deity. Thus there isn't an invisible son with magic blood.

However, I could easily be described as a Christian. There just isn't an invisible all powerful god capable of speaking that chooses to communicate to me through my untrustworthy emotions.

Well, I can't tell you what a Christian is. I can just say the teachings of Jesus are well worth following.

You are no Christian.

You want a social club. I can’t think of a faster way to destroy Christianity than what you are peddling.

Well, I can't tell you what a Christian is. I can just say the teachings of Jesus are well worth following.

I can tell you.

A Christian is anyone who believes that God so loved man that he chose to be born into this world and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy.

PLEASE>>>>

Keep your lame azz religmo music in your lame azz churches

it can't suck enough

~S~

To anyone reading along:

Christianity is not a culture.
Christianity is not a behavior.
Christianity is not magic.
Christianity is not emotions.

This cat is basically saying, "I have all the attributes of a husband....I just don't actually have a wife."

In other words, he's missing the point entirely.

To anyone reading along:

Christianity is not a culture.
Christianity is not a behavior.
Christianity is not magic.
Christianity is not emotions.

This cat is basically saying, "I have all the attributes of a husband....I just don't actually have a wife."

In other words, he's missing the point entirely.

What do you believe Christianity is?

he's missing the point entirely.

Let me guess. This insult towards me is the end. You will not tell us the point. Am I right?

You will just expand the insult by saying, "If you are so steeped into the devil's work to get it then I can't explain it to you. "

Am I on the right track? You will continue insulting me to avoid the task of making a point?

he's missing the point entirely.

Let me guess. This insult towards me is the end. You will not tell us the point. Am I right?

You will just expand the insult by saying, "If you are so steeped into the devil's work to get it then I can't explain it to you. "

Am I on the right track? You will continue insulting me to avoid the task of making a point?
She's advising you that you're missing the fact that one becomes a Christian by their Faith in Jesus Christ as being the Actual God, or Son of God, or both...depending on your view of the trinity...

and so you saying that on some level you're a christian because you participate in the culture...doesnt make you a christian.

She even spelled it out for you...and you still didn't understand/ maybe you don't understand a great deal of things.

Forum List

Back