Almost Persuaded

he's missing the point entirely.

Let me guess. This insult towards me is the end. You will not tell us the point. Am I right?

You will just expand the insult by saying, "If you are so steeped into the devil's work to get it then I can't explain it to you. "

Am I on the right track? You will continue insulting me to avoid the task of making a point?

If you do not believe in God you cannot be a Christian. That's not an insult. It's a fact.

But I don't need the label. Am I supposed to be disappointed? I was answering a question for divers52. I wasn't trying to obtain the high status of being labelled a Christian.

I prefer humility and taking the position of a lowly servant instead.

You have a lot of twisted thinking you're trying to work out here. For just one thing. "Having the label" is a very PC, 21st century lazy way of thinking of things. Statuses have definitions, see. That we can understand. For instance. A daughter has parents. A parent has children. A husband has a wife. A teacher has students. Whatever about the "label", these are definitions we can commonly understand. You can try to throw everything and the kitchen sink into "Christian"--God knows you won't be the first--but it does have a very basic set of precepts people can understand.

Like, um, believing in God.

I am an atheist. I do not believe in magical fairies
I am a Christian. I don’t believe in magical fairies either.

I believe that rather than being a late outgrowth of the evolution of space and time that mind has always existed as the source or matrix of the material world and created the material world such that beings that know and create would eventually arise.

So now that a realistic perception of God has been established we need to examine the only evidence at our disposal. It should be obvious that if the material world were not created by spirit that everything that has unfolded in the evolution of space and time would have no intentional purpose. That it is just matter and energy doing what matter and energy do. Conversely, if the material world were created by spirit it should be obvious that the creation of the material world was intentional. After all in my perception of God, God is no thing and the closest thing I can relate to is a mind with no body. Using our own experiences as creators as a proxy, we know that when we create things we create them for a reason and that reason is to serve some purpose. So it would be no great leap of logic to believe that something like a mind with no body would do the same. We also know from our experiences that intelligence tends to create intelligence. We are obsessed with making smart things. So what better thing for a mind with no body to do than create a universe where beings with bodies can create smart things too.

Let me guess. This insult towards me is the end. You will not tell us the point. Am I right?

You will just expand the insult by saying, "If you are so steeped into the devil's work to get it then I can't explain it to you. "

Am I on the right track? You will continue insulting me to avoid the task of making a point?

If you do not believe in God you cannot be a Christian. That's not an insult. It's a fact.

and have a better chance for admission than if you are.

what's better is to follow the prescribed religion of the Almighty and accomplish admission to the Everlasting than evasively believe in a forged book and its false messiah as the real message being perhaps only partially missed.

Dude. This joke is getting old.

the joke is your becoming an atheist ... good luck.

An atheist is someone who doesn't believe that any gods exist. I still haven't found any information on what you are peddling about this ancient religion of antiquity from the 1st century. Where the heck am I supposed to find it? FYI: I always have good luck.
An atheist is someone who doesn't believe that any gods exist. I still haven't found any information on what you are peddling about this ancient religion of antiquity from the 1st century. Where the heck am I supposed to find it? FYI: I always have good luck.

any gods exist ...

you do ask - "How did I get here?" - not exactly an affirmation for atheism. I would speculate your support for the christian bible is what altered your belief and that the underlying affirmation of a spiritual presence remains and will resurface generically. evolution bridges the generations to create in some cases new beings, metaphysically - single cell to multi subdivided celular beings ... that happens somewhere, a metaphysical presence.

there must be an Almighty above all others, some gods and free spirits - the spoken religion is simply a means of freeing a persons spirit to live on in the Everlasting, the Almighty is the gatekeeper - no sinners allowed - evolution is the filtering of purity, the purity can not be compromised.

and have a better chance for admission than if you are.

what's better is to follow the prescribed religion of the Almighty and accomplish admission to the Everlasting than evasively believe in a forged book and its false messiah as the real message being perhaps only partially missed.

the joke is your becoming an atheist ... good luck.

any gods exist ...

you do ask - "How did I get here?" - not exactly an affirmation for atheism. I would speculate your support for the christian bible is what altered your belief and that the underlying affirmation of a spiritual presence remains and will resurface generically. evolution bridges the generations to create in some cases new beings, metaphysically - single cell to multi subdivided celular beings ... that happens somewhere, a metaphysical presence.

there must be an Almighty above all others, some gods and free spirits - the spoken religion is simply a means of freeing a persons spirit to live on in the Everlasting, the Almighty is the gatekeeper - no sinners allowed - evolution is the filtering of purity, the purity can not be compromised.
Then you don’t stand a chance of getting in.

But I don't need the label. Am I supposed to be disappointed? I was answering a question for divers52. I wasn't trying to obtain the high status of being labelled a Christian.

You have a lot of twisted thinking you're trying to work out here. For just one thing. "Having the label" is a very PC, 21st century lazy way of thinking of things. Statuses have definitions, see. That we can understand. For instance. A daughter has parents. A parent has children. A husband has a wife. A teacher has students. Whatever about the "label", these are definitions we can commonly understand. You can try to throw everything and the kitchen sink into "Christian"--God knows you won't be the first--but it does have a very basic set of precepts people can understand.

You can call me something different. I don't consider myself a Christian. I honestly don't mind. You can call me something else.

Being labelled a Christian is a privileged status here in the United States. I am already observed in real life as a Christian. I have 100% of the benefits afforded to someone who is viewed as a Christian.

In the online world there are no advantages to being labelled as a Christian. You have no goodies to withhold from me to convince me to covet a privileged status. An online support group doesn't go far at all. You have nothing to offer me. I do not have to bow to you. You may believe in God and you may act like a god in real life by bullying people but that doesn't work online.

I am not scared of you calling me no Christian. You may think I am lying but it is the truth. I don't need you to classify me as a Christian.

Maybe you're still a Christian, you just haven't figured out what that means yet.

I am sure I am a Christian by some definition of the word. I am fully immersed in the culture. I ethically behave as a Christian. I love everything about Christianity even the crusades. I just don't believe in magic. There isn't an invisible deity. Thus there isn't an invisible son with magic blood.

However, I could easily be described as a Christian. There just isn't an invisible all powerful god capable of speaking that chooses to communicate to me through my untrustworthy emotions.

If I trusted my emotions then I would be all in.

To anyone reading along:

Christianity is not a culture.
Christianity is not a behavior.
Christianity is not magic.
Christianity is not emotions.

This cat is basically saying, "I have all the attributes of a husband....I just don't actually have a wife."

In other words, he's missing the point entirely.
What do you believe Christianity is?

Romans 10:9

Confessing with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in your heart that God raised Him from the dead

Anybody can do the first part. Nobody really believes that God raised Jesus from the dead. That is foolishness. Can't you just pretend to believe it and get all the same benefits? If so, which benefits do you lose by believing versus pretending to believe? Then again, how would anybody know if you were pretending or not?

If you attended my church you could totally shake my hand and have no way of reading my mind.

I know you are pretending because look what happened to your faith. The truth will always out.

Being labelled a Christian is a privileged status here in the United States. I am already observed in real life as a Christian. I have 100% of the benefits afforded to someone who is viewed as a Christian.

In the online world there are no advantages to being labelled as a Christian. You have no goodies to withhold from me to convince me to covet a privileged status. An online support group doesn't go far at all. You have nothing to offer me. I do not have to bow to you. You may believe in God and you may act like a god in real life by bullying people but that doesn't work online.

I am not scared of you calling me no Christian. You may think I am lying but it is the truth. I don't need you to classify me as a Christian.

You are living a lie for personal gain. I don't care what you believe; that's cowardly. And a lot of other bad things. And I have no idea what you mean by "goodies" and "nothing to offer". It seems you saw Christianity as a risk-benefit analysis and, of course, it was all about what you could gain from the deal. I'm sorry for it but can't change it.

You can call me something different. I don't consider myself a Christian. I honestly don't mind. You can call me something else.
You are something else.

I am sure I am a Christian by some definition of the word. I am fully immersed in the culture. I ethically behave as a Christian. I love everything about Christianity even the crusades. I just don't believe in magic. There isn't an invisible deity. Thus there isn't an invisible son with magic blood.

However, I could easily be described as a Christian. There just isn't an invisible all powerful god capable of speaking that chooses to communicate to me through my untrustworthy emotions.

If I trusted my emotions then I would be all in.

To anyone reading along:

This cat is basically saying, "I have all the attributes of a husband....I just don't actually have a wife."

Confessing with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in your heart that God raised Him from the dead

Anybody can do the first part. Nobody really believes that God raised Jesus from the dead. That is foolishness. Can't you just pretend to believe it and get all the same benefits? If so, which benefits do you lose by believing versus pretending to believe? Then again, how would anybody know if you were pretending or not?

If you attended my church you could totally shake my hand and have no way of reading my mind.

I know you are pretending because look what happened to your faith. The truth will always out.

I am an atheist. I told you that. You didn't figure that out on your own. I am saying that if I was the guy sitting behind you at church, you wouldn't know that I was vasuderatorrent from usmessageboard. You would treat me like a Christian. You wouldn't even treat me as a regular Christian. You would treat me as a top tier Christian. You might even hire me to teach at the Christian school. If I was attending your church you wouldn't have access to my anonymous posts on the internet. I stopped believing in God in 2011-2012 ish. I have yet to be detected except by one student at the school.

Last edited:

You are living a lie for personal gain. I don't care what you believe; that's cowardly. And a lot of other bad things. And I have no idea what you mean by "goodies" and "nothing to offer". It seems you saw Christianity as a risk-benefit analysis and, of course, it was all about what you could gain from the deal. I'm sorry for it but can't change it.

Would you give up your free pass to get out hell to save 10 other people from going to hell? (These 10 people may or may not be adorable blond headed blue eyes 8 year girls with cancer.)

Would you give up the chance to go to heaven for the opportunity to be fully funded to serve in the ministry for Jesus Christ 16 hours a day, 6 days a week with a guarantee to live an additional 50 years?

Do you gain anything out of being a Christian? Do you gain anything like the avoidance of eternal torture or the joy of living eternally in a blissful state or possibly free church membership to a church of your choice? Anything like that? If not, you should move here. Being Christian in my neck of the woods is sweet.

Do you gain anything out of being a Christian?
The Trinity is not some mystery to be solved but a relationship to be entered into. Of which the benefits of doing so are immense. It literally switches me on and I become more than I am. It lights up all the learning centers of my brain and provides perspectives I would not have on my own. It brings peace through the storm, profound happiness and affects others in a concentric circle fashion.

So maybe you were doing it wrong.

To anyone reading along:

I am an atheist. I told you that. You didn't figure that out on your own. I am saying that if I was the guy sitting behind you at church, you wouldn't know that I was vasuderatorrent from usmessageboard. You would treat me like a Christian. You wouldn't even treat me as a regular Christian. You would treat me as a top tier Christian. You might even hire me to teach at the Christian school. If I was attending your church you wouldn't have access to my anonymous posts on the internet. I stopped believing in God in 2011-2012 ish. I have yet to be detected except by one student at the school.
Get real. You posted the name of your purported church and school. You posted a picture of a purported quiz you gave.

Do you know how easy it would be for someone to send that to your school and church?

So either you are the stupidest person in the world for doing that stupid shit or you are the stupidest person in the world for you believing anyone is swallowing the BS you are peddling.

Last edited:

Would you give up your free pass to get out hell to save 10 other people from going to hell? (These 10 people may or may not be adorable blond headed blue eyes 8 year girls with cancer.)

Would you give up the chance to go to heaven for the opportunity to be fully funded to serve in the ministry for Jesus Christ 16 hours a day, 6 days a week with a guarantee to live an additional 50 years?

Do you gain anything out of being a Christian? Do you gain anything like the avoidance of eternal torture or the joy of living eternally in a blissful state or possibly free church membership to a church of your choice? Anything like that? If not, you should move here. Being Christian in my neck of the woods is sweet.
Being Christian in my neck of the woods is sweet.

I stopped believing in God in 2011-2012 ish.

that's a long time to carryon your charade ... a charade within a charade, must give you some sort of perverse comfort.

Get real. You posted the name of your purported church and school. You posted a picture of a purported quiz you gave ... So either you are the stupidest person in the world for doing that stupid shit or you are the stupidest person in the world for you believing anyone is swallowing the BS you are peddling.

you say your family is aware and you are planning to resign and you intend to inform them you are an atheist, do let us know how it turns out.

that's a long time to carryon your charade ... a charade within a charade, must give you some sort of perverse comfort.

Christianity is absolutely wonderful. I never seen any motive to leave. What stuff about the Christian culture do you know about that sucks? Maybe if I had a reason to leave then I would have left sooner.

Christianity is absolutely wonderful. I never seen any motive to leave. What stuff about the Christian culture do you know about that sucks? Maybe if I had a reason to leave then I would have left sooner.
You mean the part where you said you were pretty sure they were racist didn’t make you want to leave?

Get real. You posted the name of your purported church and school. You posted a picture of a purported quiz you gave.

Do you know how easy it would be for someone to send that to your school and church?

So either you are the stupidest person in the world for doing that stupid shit or you are the stupidest person in the world for you believing anyone is swallowing the BS you are peddling.

To be honest I think it's your former

Maybe. But I don’t.

I know most people embrace atheism because they are motivated by sexual freedom. I am not enticed by any of that. A lifetime heterosexual monogomomous relationship works great for me. The only thing I hate about Christianity is praying over medical issues and anything remotely associated with praying for medical issues. I can endure that to gain the other positive attributes.

There is strong community, wonderful music, powerful philosophy, exciting literature, intergenerational relationships, business networking, emotional ecstasy, financial support system, beautiful facilities, entertaining sermons, peace that passes all understanding and much much more.

If I was motivated by sexual freedom then I might have left sooner. I am just not enticed by any of that. The ethical standards are second nature to me. I don't need beer, gay sex, multiple wives or any of that mess. I just don't believe in outrageous stories. That's it. Why should I be tortured just because I don't believe in unrealistic things? You guys are in the same boat as me. The only difference is that you guys just ignore the part of your brain that has been nagging you for decades. You guys know that guys don't get killed on crosses, raise up three days, fly up into heaven 40 days after that and give people emotions that never existed prior to this miraculous event.

Last edited:
I don't believe in unrealistic things

What’s unrealistic about this?

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation

Forum List

Back