Almost Persuaded

he's missing the point entirely.

Let me guess. This insult towards me is the end. You will not tell us the point. Am I right?

You will just expand the insult by saying, "If you are so steeped into the devil's work to get it then I can't explain it to you. "

Am I on the right track? You will continue insulting me to avoid the task of making a point?
She's advising you that you're missing the fact that one becomes a Christian by their Faith in Jesus Christ as being the Actual God, or Son of God, or both...depending on your view of the trinity...

and so you saying that on some level you're a christian because you participate in the culture...doesnt make you a christian.

She even spelled it out for you...and you still didn't understand/ maybe you don't understand a great deal of things.

I am an atheist. I do not believe in magical fairies that part the red seas, provide a way for a man to live inside a fish, provide a way for men to survive a fiery furnace, a dead man coming back to life, an imaginary being having sexual intercourse with a virgin, or an army being made of dead men with the breath of a prophet.

By my standards I am not a Christian. By the standards of my particular tradition, I am not a Christian. I was only clarifying my connections to Christianity. I don't need any points for being or not being. What would I do with the points anyways?

Do you honestly think I am terrified of losing a label?

Call me a nonChristian. In all honesty that changes my life in no way whatsoever. On the other hand if someone did decide to label me as a Christian, that wouldn't change my life either. I am not sure what the fuss is all about. Do you expect me to get down on my hands and knees and demand that you classify me as a Christian? That would be stupid. I am not a Christian. I am an atheist.

Let me guess. This insult towards me is the end. You will not tell us the point. Am I right?

You will just expand the insult by saying, "If you are so steeped into the devil's work to get it then I can't explain it to you. "

Am I on the right track? You will continue insulting me to avoid the task of making a point?
She's advising you that you're missing the fact that one becomes a Christian by their Faith in Jesus Christ as being the Actual God, or Son of God, or both...depending on your view of the trinity...

and so you saying that on some level you're a christian because you participate in the culture...doesnt make you a christian.

She even spelled it out for you...and you still didn't understand/ maybe you don't understand a great deal of things.

I am an atheist. I do not believe in magical fairies that part the red seas, provide a way for a man to live inside a fish, provide a way for men to survive a fiery furnace, a dead man coming back to life, an imaginary being having sexual intercourse with a virgin, or an army being made of dead men with the breath of a prophet.

By my standards I am not a Christian. By the standards of my particular tradition, I am not a Christian. I was only clarifying my connections to Christianity. I don't need any points for being or not being. What would I do with the points anyways?

I don't give 5 fucks about your beliefs, I was merely clarifying a point that she so clearly made to you that even a fucking 9 year old could have figured it out, yet you were being a cuck in the way that you were still babbling about her lack of a clarification.

I don't give 5 fucks about your beliefs, I was merely clarifying a point that she so clearly made to you that even a fucking 9 year old could have figured it out, yet you were being a cuck in the way that you were still babbling about her lack of a clarification.

Divers52 said,
"Maybe you're still a Christian, you just haven't figured out what that means yet."

I responded to divers52 appropriately in my opinion.

SweetSue92 said,

"To anyone reading along:

Christianity is not a culture
Christianity is not a behavior.
Christianity is not magic.
Christianity is not emotions.

This cat is basically saying, "I have all the attributes of a husband....I just don't actually have a wife."

In other words, he's missing the point entirely."

I have already said that I was an atheist. What is she trying to prove? If she is to use the same standard as my tradition then nobody is a Christian. To be a Christian, Jesus has to reside in your heart. Since she said Christianity isn't magic then a 2,019 year old man probably doesn't live inside of her heart. He more than likely isn't actually alive unless some magic is involved.

I don't even think a human can live inside of a heart. You know all of this stuff is nonsense. Right? When an atheist repeats the teachings of Christian then it magically becomes ridiculous yet when a Christian says it then it is great spiritual wisdom.

Dude. This shit is weird. I have no incentive to even say that. If another religion taught the exact thing then we would laugh at the absurdity.

Divers52 said,
"Maybe you're still a Christian, you just haven't figured out what that means yet."

I responded to divers52 appropriately in my opinion.

SweetSue92 said,

"To anyone reading along:

Christianity is not a culture

This cat is basically saying, "I have all the attributes of a husband....I just don't actually have a wife."

In other words, he's missing the point entirely."

I have already said that I was an atheist. What is she trying to prove? If she is to use the same standard as my tradition then nobody is a Christian. To be a Christian, Jesus has to reside in your heart. Since she said Christianity isn't magic then a 2,019 year old man probably doesn't live inside of her heart. He more than likely isn't actually alive unless some magic is involved.

I don't even think a human can live inside of a heart. You know all of this stuff is nonsense. Right? When an atheist repeats the teachings of Christian then it magically becomes ridiculous.
I don't care about your beliefs, I think that you are stupid.

I think that you are stupid.

Your thoughts of me are irrelevant to the discussion.

What do you think of the topic at hand? You can't avoid a difficult debate just by calling names and swapping insults. That is just plain lazy.

Have you ever considered that I may think that you are stupid? Of course you didn't consider it because my thoughts on your intelligence are 100% irrelevant.

What do you think of the topic at hand? You can't avoid a difficult debate just by calling names and swapping insults. That is just plain lazy.

Have you ever considered that I may think that you are stupid? Of course you didn't consider it because my thoughts on your intelligence are 100% irrelevant.
What debate?

See, signs like that are what indicate you're fucking dumb. I'm not involved in any "debate," I'm merely pointing out that you were twatty towards Sue and it was based on your own misapprehension of what she was saying, which was quite clear.

That's not a debate. Perhaps you're not stupid, just mentally ill...but in any event, thanks for the warning.

I don't think there is a specific definition of Christian. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many Christians saying other Christians aren't real Christians. I think that is something everyone has to determine for themselves. To me, a Christian would be someone who follows the teachings of Yeshua. But I have to concede it is not a popular definition.

What debate?

See, signs like that are what indicate you're fucking dumb. I'm not involved in any "debate," I'm merely pointing out that you were twatty towards Sue and it was based on your own misapprehension of what she was saying, which was quite clear.

That's not a debate. Perhaps you're not stupid, just mentally ill...but in any event, thanks for the warning.

How deep the Father’s love for us,
How vast beyond all measure,
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss –
The Father turns His face away,
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory.

Behold the man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders;
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life –
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything,
No gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer;
But this I know with all my heart –
His wounds have paid my ransom.

What debate?

I posted the lyrics to the song just in case you didn't listen to the youtube video that I posted in the OP.

What debate?

I posted the lyrics to the song just in case you didn't listen to the youtube video that I posted in the OP.
Whatever level of fucknuttery works best for ya, by all means...go forth and dock captain stubbing

If you do not believe in God you cannot be a Christian. That's not an insult. It's a fact.

This song almost persuaded me to become a Christian again. This song is amazing and invokes powerful emotions within me. I cannot listen to it without intense tears. I love this song more than any song I have ever heard.

Maybe you're still a Christian, you just haven't figured out what that means yet.

I am sure I am a Christian by some definition of the word. I am fully immersed in the culture. I ethically behave as a Christian. I love everything about Christianity even the crusades. I just don't believe in magic. There isn't an invisible deity. Thus there isn't an invisible son with magic blood.

However, I could easily be described as a Christian. There just isn't an invisible all powerful god capable of speaking that chooses to communicate to me through my untrustworthy emotions.

If I trusted my emotions then I would be all in.

To anyone reading along:

Christianity is not a culture.

In other words, he's missing the point entirely.

What do you believe Christianity is?

Romans 10:9

Confessing with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in your heart that God raised Him from the dead

Call me a nonChristian. In all honesty that changes my life in no way whatsoever. On the other hand if someone did decide to label me as a Christian, that wouldn't change my life either. I am not sure what the fuss is all about. Do you expect me to get down on my hands and knees and demand that you classify me as a Christian? That would be stupid. I am not a Christian. I am an atheist.

I don't see why we are working out your personal guilt here on this site for being an atheist and yet working in a Christian church, as a Christian teacher, teaching Christian things.

If you do not believe in God you cannot be a Christian. That's not an insult. It's a fact.

But I don't need the label. Am I supposed to be disappointed? I was answering a question for divers52. I wasn't trying to obtain the high status of being labelled a Christian.

I prefer humility and taking the position of a lowly servant instead.

This song almost persuaded me to become a Christian again. This song is amazing and invokes powerful emotions within me. I cannot listen to it without intense tears. I love this song more than any song I have ever heard.

Maybe you're still a Christian, you just haven't figured out what that means yet.

I am sure I am a Christian by some definition of the word. I am fully immersed in the culture. I ethically behave as a Christian. I love everything about Christianity even the crusades. I just don't believe in magic. There isn't an invisible deity. Thus there isn't an invisible son with magic blood.

However, I could easily be described as a Christian. There just isn't an invisible all powerful god capable of speaking that chooses to communicate to me through my untrustworthy emotions.

To anyone reading along:

Confessing with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in your heart that God raised Him from the dead

Anybody can do the first part. Nobody really believes that God raised Jesus from the dead. That is foolishness. Can't you just pretend to believe it and get all the same benefits? If so, which benefits do you lose by believing versus pretending to believe? Then again, how would anybody know if you were pretending or not?

If you attended my church you could totally shake my hand and have no way of reading my mind.

To anyone reading along:

Anybody can do the first part. Nobody really believes that God raised Jesus from the dead. That is foolishness. Can't you just pretend to believe it and get all the same benefits? If so, which benefits do you lose by believing versus pretending to believe? Then again, how would anybody know if you were pretending or not?

If you attended my church you could totally shake my hand and have no way of reading my mind.
I do.

And because of that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

and have a better chance for admission than if you are.

what's better is to follow the prescribed religion of the Almighty and accomplish admission to the Everlasting than evasively believe in a forged book and its false messiah as the real message being perhaps only partially missed.

what's better is to follow the prescribed religion of the Almighty and accomplish admission to the Everlasting than evasively believe in a forged book and its false messiah as the real message being perhaps only partially missed.

Dude. This joke is getting old.

the joke is your becoming an atheist ... good luck.

the joke is your becoming an atheist ... good luck.

An atheist is someone who doesn't believe that any gods exist. I still haven't found any information on what you are peddling about this ancient religion of antiquity from the 1st century. Where the heck am I supposed to find it? FYI: I always have good luck.

Forum List

Back