Alliances mean nothing to Trump

Alliances are national friendships. I got your back, you got mine
You are stronger as a group than as an individual

Consider Trump has never had any friends in his life. It is all about him.....what is in it for me?

As a result, he is isolating our country. We are no longer respected, no longer trusted

Putin is celebrating
Correct, he does not give two fucks about the Democrat alliance with Iran.
Crooked Donnie does not care about any alliance

Whether it is personal friendships, business, political or one of his marriages.......Trump cannot keep his word

Your constant mocking of him is just you being an asshole.

Do you really expect to be taken seriously in anything you say when you are constantly talking like a drunk teenager?
No mocking....it is the truth

Did I do that to you, when we discussed Obama?

Actually, we are better off

Trump creating trade wars will hurt the consumers

Maybe a little.

But our policies have been favoring consumers (and employers and the rich) and utterly fucking the American workers, for quite some time.

Time to give the workers a break.
Don’t tell me....

The money from those tariffs will trickle down to the workers through increased pay and prosperity

Suckers!

Nope.

Tariffs will compensate for the unfair competition from our predatory trading "partners" and domestic manufacturing will increase, leading to more and better jobs and upward pressure on wages.
Or they will just keep the money

YOur assumption, or even blind faith, that nothing good can happen to or for America is noted and pitied.
Assumption based on recent history

With 3.8 percent unemployment, why haven’t wages skyrocketed like they did in the past?

With a 50 percent tax cut to employers, why did only 13 percent go to employees?

Supply side economics means they just keep the money

Maybe a little.

But our policies have been favoring consumers (and employers and the rich) and utterly fucking the American workers, for quite some time.

Time to give the workers a break.
Don’t tell me....

The money from those tariffs will trickle down to the workers through increased pay and prosperity

Suckers!

Nope.

Tariffs will compensate for the unfair competition from our predatory trading "partners" and domestic manufacturing will increase, leading to more and better jobs and upward pressure on wages.
Or they will just keep the money

YOur assumption, or even blind faith, that nothing good can happen to or for America is noted and pitied.
Assumption based on recent history

With 3.8 percent unemployment, why haven’t wages skyrocketed like they did in the past?

With a 50 percent tax cut to employers, why did only 13 percent go to employees?

Supply side economics means they just keep the money

Because the jobs are still from the Free Trade model, where the good manufacturing jobs go overseas or at least have to compete with Third World labor, or government supported Europeans exports.

A ton of shit service jobs, is not going to cause rising wages.

We need to reduce the Trade deficit.

We need to stop playing on a level playing field with Third World Labor.

We need to stop playing on a level playing field with government supported First World exports.

Also, our current managers have gotten really used to doing one thing. Hiring people as low as possible and squeezing them to do more work, always more, for the same pay.

They will need slapped in the face, repeatedly, before they remember that part of their job is attracting good people, and working to keep them.

Let's slap them HARD.

Consider Trump has never had any friends in his life. It is all about him.....what is in it for me?

As a result, he is isolating our country. We are no longer respected, no longer trusted

Putin is celebrating

Respect for America has been little to none throughout our history...

Sure America had her moment after World War II but then Korea and Vietnam happen after that it has been downhill since!

If you really study history you will even realize our Allies like France and others only respect us when we scratch their back and let be honest it was not respect but smoke up our ass...

As for Canada, well yes she has been there and to lose her would be horrible but Canadians know Trump is a ass and will be gone soon enough...
One thing we have learned since WWII is the value of alliances. They have helped prevent another world war
Trump can not resolve the Korean situation on his own. He must maintain the support of our allies
Now is not the time to go it alone

Who said we are?
You see, our relationship with our allies for the past 40 years is how THEY can benefit from US.
We give away our markets, literally, while they tax and place tariffs on ours - as well as flood our markets with government subsidized goods to put ours out of business.
This is very good for the investor market. Anything that makes something cheaper is good for them, and pretty much 100% of the time what is good for investors is bad for everyone else.
So now Trump is playing THEIR hand - and you all go bananas like it is a bad thing.
So you believe we need to maintain a relationship in which they get 80% of the benefits while consistently screwing our markets?

I totally agree.

Our "friends" only want friendship when they need something from us.

Other than that its screw the US every time.

Rightwinger, since you are the OP, I'll ask you. You appear to really believe Trump is isolationist and burning allies, and you do not appear to be trolling. My question is the same as many others in this thread. Why should our 'allies' levy tariffs against us, and we are not allowed to do anything about it. Why can other countries freeze US goods, and subsidize their industries, and the US is not allowed to defend itself? Is their some reason we are not allowed to respond? Not one of the lib responses addressed this concern, but you are the OP, so I hope you will give it a try. Also, trade disputes in no way risk military alliances. I'm not seeing how you make that leap. I don't see how you think Russia benefits strategically from the US renegotiating trade deals. Who told you this?

Alliances rooted in US capitulation and apology for greatness really aren’t alliances. We tried that for 8 years and what did it get us?

Rightwinger, since you are the OP, I'll ask you. You appear to really believe Trump is isolationist and burning allies, and you do not appear to be trolling. My question is the same as many others in this thread. Why should our 'allies' levy tariffs against us, and we are not allowed to do anything about it. Why can other countries freeze US goods, and subsidize their industries, and the US is not allowed to defend itself? Is their some reason we are not allowed to respond? Not one of the lib responses addressed this concern, but you are the OP, so I hope you will give it a try. Also, trade disputes in no way risk military alliances. I'm not seeing how you make that leap. I don't see how you think Russia benefits strategically from the US renegotiating trade deals. Who told you this?

Good Luck...

We also have our own tariffs. We are not an open trade partner and never have been. What Trump did was invoke massive tariffs on steel and aluminum. As expected, other countries retaliate against our exports.

We have 3.8 percent unemployment. Why do we need massive tariffs to protect our workers?

We also have our own tariffs. We are not an open trade partner and never have been. What Trump did was invoke massive tariffs on steel and aluminum. As expected, other countries retaliate against our exports.

We have 3.8 percent unemployment. Why do we need massive tariffs to protect our workers?

Haha.... "massive tarrifs".... "not an open trade partner"....hahahahahaha!!....and everyone else is to America??
Good lord.

Haha.... "massive tarrifs".... "not an open trade partner"....hahahahahaha!!....and everyone else is to America??
Good lord.
25 percent is massive
All it did was invite retaliation against our goods

It is a good question what our current tariffs are on foreign goods. I have no doubt we are not an equal trade partner. I just assumed we had little barriers because we are taking it on the chin so bad. I'm guessing we have few trade restrictions, and I can't see this as a reason not to look out for US interests. Trump is not looking for one sided deals. He is smart enough to look for deals that help both countries, which makes it odd that Canada and the EU are howling so loudly. Does anyone have data on current US restrictions?

25 percent is massive
All it did was invite retaliation against our goods

Annnd?
If you take a pacifier from a child - does it retaliate?
Would you expect them to cheer him on?
You should read up a bit on the paper industry. And how Canadian, Chinese and Portuguese governments have worked hand in hand to destroy U.S. mills.
All because Clinton and Bush II did nothing to combat the subsidization, and illegal sale of deforested trees etc. It was actually the Obama administration that stepped up to do something.
And yes it raised prices, but that is because the prices were artificially low on purpose by the aggressors in order to gain marketshare.
But...I guess you are OK with that.

That's not the cause of the declining life span. And you know it.
What does opioids have to do with Europe?

Such risk taking behavior is greatly increased by economic stress.

But you knew that.

So, wtf was that about?
Then why do we still have an opioid crisis?

Because the current status quo leaves large segments of our population behind, even as macro economic numbers improve.

That has been discussed with you before. DId you forget, or were you just pretending to not know that?
Again

What is Fat Donnie doing about it?

Does he think slashing healthcare will help life expectancy?

Americans are fat and physically inactive. That is going to shorten life spans.

When you progressives can discuss healthcare while keeping health care and health care insurance as separate entities, we can talk.

Putin is celebrating

Mm, so Canada, Mexico don’t need anymore US aid in the form of money. And Germany, they are doing awesome. They no longer need US troops stationed there I guess. Hell, N.A.T.O. can do without our 22 percent contribution to their budget? All we get from Canada is lumber. Germany contributes nothing other then photo ops for token negros. I mean, their PM lets illegals rape their kids. I have a hard time being cozy with women who like rape. Guess it’s a German thing. Meh, fuck them. We don’t need them. Let them have their EU.
Trump is taking his ball and going home

Petulant child

Actually, Trump is taking his balls to Singapore to discuss the future with a heavily armed adversary. Wish him luck.

When your 'Allies' or 'Friends' aren't being good 'Allies' or 'Friends', you're right to call em out. And that's what Trump did. It's about time someone did. Good on em. :thup:

Putin is celebrating

Sure America had her moment after World War II but then Korea and Vietnam happen after that it has been downhill since!

If you really study history you will even realize our Allies like France and others only respect us when we scratch their back and let be honest it was not respect but smoke up our ass...

As for Canada, well yes she has been there and to lose her would be horrible but Canadians know Trump is a ass and will be gone soon enough...
What about our allies response to 9/11? Can you even attempt to be a person of integrity in your analysis of this stuff?

More Americans should look up what some of our Founding Father geniuses had to say about 'Alliances.'

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with ALL nations, entangling alliances with NONE - Thomas Jefferson

Most of our 'Alliances' have forced us into this endless intervention and war vicious circle we're stuck in.

What does opioids have to do with Europe?

Such risk taking behavior is greatly increased by economic stress.

But you knew that.

So, wtf was that about?
Then why do we still have an opioid crisis?

Because the current status quo leaves large segments of our population behind, even as macro economic numbers improve.

That has been discussed with you before. DId you forget, or were you just pretending to not know that?
Again

What is Fat Donnie doing about it?

Does he think slashing healthcare will help life expectancy?

Americans are fat and physically inactive. That is going to shorten life spans.

When you progressives can discuss healthcare while keeping health care and health care insurance as separate entities, we can talk.
You can’t talk healthcare without talking insurance

It is the first question a doctor asks

Putin is celebrating

What about our allies response to 9/11? Can you even attempt to be a person of integrity in your analysis of this stuff?
After 2 world wars and the Marshall Plan?

Forum List

Back