Allen West on Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell'

Discussion in 'Military' started by theHawk, Jan 13, 2012.

1. CaughtInTheMid

CaughtInTheMid VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Lt. Gen. Adrian Bradshaw, deputy commander of ISAF, called the actions on the video "disgusting."

"Any acts which treat the dead, enemy or friendly, with disrespect are utterly unacceptable and do not represent the standards we expect of coalition forces," Bradshaw said in a video statement. He said he was speaking on behalf of Allen, who is out of the country.

"It is difficult to say what long-term impacts this might have, and I would hesitate to get into speculation, but obviously any sort of footage, any sort of activity of this kind that is grossly against all the moral values that the coalition forces are standing for are very much working against our cause and against everything that we are standing for and that we are here for," said Brig. Gen. Carsten Jacobson, a NATO ISAF spokesman. "We will find the ones who are responsible and hold them accountable."

what do you guys think about the comments above?

2. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,180

I will NOT judge those guys... and I say it again, I wouldnt have done it.
    I think it was bad judgement, ESPECIALLY recording it, but I refuse to judge them.

3. Cowman

Cowman Cows Have Liberal Minds

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +895
    Sure you would have done it. You also don't think it was bad judgement, recorded or not. Otherwise you wouldn't be putting up such a vicious defense of their actions. If you actually believed those things and weren't LYING, you'd withhold judgement, but allow others to judge, such as their superior officers.

But you don't, you defend the actions of the soldiers and you rebuke any judgement by fellow Americans or by military superiors.

So stop lying.

4. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,235
    Is that what I said?

5. Salt Jones

Salt Jones BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +512
    You are very welcome. My grandkids thank me as well.

6. The Infidel

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,180

Yeah, Im sure you teach them well.

You are part of the problem.

7. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,385
    fuck put graphic warnings when you post those pics...damn it

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. The Infidel

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,180

Im sorry Bones... I am deleting them from photobucket.

Didnt intend to break the rules.

9. Cowman

Cowman Cows Have Liberal Minds

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +895
    You said, and I quote:

You're essentially saying that if they do the same to us, we shouldn't care. And based on your previous statements in this thread and the other, you'd have no problem with our soldiers doing the same as they do. So yeah, that is essentially what you said. You said not to care if the same happened to you at the hands of the enemy.

I would care. It would be a barbaric act and completely deplorable and detestable. Same if our soldiers do it.

10. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,786
    Hey Infidel, it's obvious that you've never served because you fail to understand that the military is required to follow rules in combat as well as keep a higher standard.

Just because you didn't enlist, DOES NOT automatically raise everyone to a level that is above reproach. They broke the rules, they showed and incredible lack of discipline and maturity, as well as have brought disgrace to themselves and the U.S. Marine Corps.

As a 20 year veteran, I probably see things differently, because unlike you, I understand why those rules are there, and the purpose that they serve because it was drilled into me during annual seminars on Geneva Conventions and the Code of Conduct.

These men broke the rules for both the Code of Conduct AND broke the Geneva Conventions by desecration of a corpse.

Factor in that this tape ended up getting released right around the time that the Taliban was ready to start peace talks with the U.S., and you can understand how badly these guys fucked up.

As far as being a felony? Dunno.........that would be for a General Courts Martial to decide, because if they are proven to violate the Conventions, that does qualify as a "felony" in the military.

So.............before supporting something as being okay, don't you think you should understand the rules they broke FIRST?

Notice that I didn't say anything bad about you, just that you really don't understand what you're supporting. I'm trying to be nice and turn over a new leaf.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1