All The News Anti-Israel Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned 10th century Arab geographer al-Muqaddasi recently.

He was from Jerusalem and wrote extensively about it. Notably, he remarked upon how few Muslims lived there at the time, even though the Muslim invasion of Palestine had already been going on for centuries.

He wrote:
Few are the learned here, many are the Christians, and these make themselves distasteful in the public places ...The Christians and the area are predominant here and the mosque devoid of congregations and assemblies.Referring to the Christians and Jews in Jerusalem, he referred to the city as a "golden basin full of scorpions."

10th century Arab geographer lamented that so few Muslims lived in Jerusalem ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

For 52 years, the Jews of Hebron have been trying to get back the land that was stolen from them in the riots of 1929, but the government is doing so only incrementally, usually after terrorist attacks. Now the attorney general has approved a plan to clear and rebuild the city's market area in an attempt to bring Jews back.

A yellowing 212-year-old document, dating from 1807, in which the Shariah court deeds 4.5 dunams (1.1 acres) of land currently known as the "Hebron wholesale market" to "the Jew Haim Mitzri, who is responsible for the Jewish population" for the sum of 120,000 grushim, is an important starting point for the story of the struggle that the Jewish population of Hebron is now waging. Jews were evicted from that land during the riots of 1929, which happened 90 years ago this week. The Arabs of Hebron built their market on the land only three years before the 1967 Six-Day War and were evicted themselves in 1994. The Jews returned to the "market" seven years later, in 2006, a day before the major clashes in Amona. They were once again evicted, this time with understandings of the political and military apparatuses in place.

Shortly thereafter, the Jewish residents of Hebron were told that the market would be rented to the Jewish community in Hebron and used for family residences. That promise has yet to be fulfilled. Now, 13 years later, a legal opinion has been issued ā€“ on paper, at least ā€“ that allows the Jews to return to their own land. Now Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has to make a decision that most of the MKs in the outgoing government coalition support, but he is still hesitant.

(full article online)

https://www.israelhayom.com/2019/08/27/the-right-of-return/

The United Nationā€™s anti-racism committee criticized Palestinian authorities in a Thursday report, calling on the ā€œState of Palestineā€ to act against ā€œracist hate speech and hate crimes,ā€ including incitement to violence against Israelis and Jews.

The UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) in a report on the Palestinians said it was concerned about ā€œhate speech in certain media outlets, especially those controlled by Hamas, social media, public officialsā€™ statements and school curricula and textbooks, which fuels hatred and may incite violence, particularly hate speech against Israelis, which at times also fuels antisemitism.ā€

(full article online)

In first, UN panel calls on Palestinians to halt hate speech against Israelis

RE: All The News Anti-Israel Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss

āœā†’ Sixties Fan, et al,

I have to chuckle at this. The UN High Commisssioner for Human Rights CERD Committee has actually linked the Hostile Arab Palestinians too:

ā€¢ Anti-Semitism,
ā€¢ Incitement to Violence,

For Reference: The Advanced and Unedited Version of the CERD/C/PSE/CO/1-2 29 August 2019

The United Nationā€™s anti-racism committee criticized Palestinian authorities in a Thursday report, calling on the ā€œState of Palestineā€ to act against ā€œracist hate speech and hate crimes,ā€ including incitement to violence against Israelis and Jews.

The UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) in a report on the Palestinians said it was concerned about ā€œhate speech in certain media outlets, especially those controlled by Hamas, social media, public officialsā€™ statements, and school curricula and textbooks, which fuels hatred and may incite violence, particularly hate speech against Israelis, which at times also fuels antisemitism.ā€

(full article online)

(COMMENT)

When I read this report, my jaw dropped. It is not the most useful observations, but it was not the UN I used to ā†’ making such objective observations.

........ Smallest.png
Most Respectfully,
R

RE: All The News Anti-Israel Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss

āœā†’ Sixties Fan, et al,

I have to chuckle at this. The UN High Commisssioner for Human Rights CERD Committee has actually linked the Hostile Arab Palestinians too:

ā€¢ Anti-Semitism,
ā€¢ Incitement to Violence,

For Reference: The Advanced and Unedited Version of the CERD/C/PSE/CO/1-2 29 August 2019

The UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) in a report on the Palestinians said it was concerned about ā€œhate speech in certain media outlets, especially those controlled by Hamas, social media, public officialsā€™ statements, and school curricula and textbooks, which fuels hatred and may incite violence, particularly hate speech against Israelis, which at times also fuels antisemitism.ā€

(full article online)

(COMMENT)

When I read this report, my jaw dropped. It is not the most useful observations, but it was not the UN I used to ā†’ making such objective observations.

........View attachment 276793
Most Respectfully,
R
Truth is hate speech. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Truth" is worthless without documentation. Example: If a young child is taught that a square is round & you ask him or her to tell the truth & he or she says a square is round, is he or she not telling the truth? You want truth? Consider documentation on what Palestinian children are taught about Israel &/or Israeli's.

Mohammed Saif Al Dawla started a three part series on myths and lies in the Middle East. The first part is "Zionist" myths and the second part is going to be "Israeli" myths, followed by Arab myths.

As much as I would like to wait for part 3, here is a synopsis of what Arab media is saying are "Zionist myths":

------------------

I hope that their list of Arab myths include:

1) Mohammed flew to Jerusalem on a magic steed.

2) Jerusalem has always been important in Islam.

3) Palestinians have been a people for hundreds or thousands of years.

4) There was a political entity called Palestine that Israel displaced.

5) Arabs and Muslims have never been antisemitic.

6) Middle East peace is linked to Israel giving Palestinians everything they want.

(full article online)

Arab site provides handy list of "Zionist" (really, Jewish) "myths" ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

ā€œThe aggression of one state against another is prohibited by international law. A state standing by, watching battles taking place on its borders and putting its people in danger is a state that greatly neglects its responsibilities,ā€ Minister Khalid bin Ahmed al-Khalifa tweeted.

He further said that ā€œit is unacceptable for Lebanon to be put in a situation of a possibility of a devastating war in which it has no glory or use.ā€

Bahrain further urged its citizens to leave Lebanon ā€œimmediatelyā€ after Hezbollahā€™s attack on Israel, ā€œgiven the events and developments in the country that require everyone to take precautions.ā€

(full article online)

Arab Stateā€™s Foreign Minister Backs Israelā€™s Strikes on Hezbollah in Lebanon

The Arabs-Moslems being at the end of a wagging finger of the UN is meaningless if the UN won't take steps to impose penalties for Arab-Moslem behaviors such as fraud, thievery and incitement.

And of course, the UN will do nothing.

U.N. EXPRESSES RARE CRITICISM ON PALESTINIAN HATE SPEECH AND INCITEMENT

UN expresses rare criticism on Palestinian hate speech and incitement

By OMRI NAHMIAS

PALESTINIAN PRESIDENT Mahmoud Abbas ā€“ not saying anything about the elections, but working behind the scenes?. (photo credit:" MOHAMAD TOROKMAN/REUTERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back