All in perspective

Bern80

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2004
I have a degree in political science, have always been interested in politics, most of my friends were political people. Since I have graduated and gotten a psuedo-job, (working on a non-psuedo-job) I have noticed I have been liveing in a bubble.

I have come across a few general classes of people when it comes to politics.

1)The Involved: People who care and talk about issues no matter what ideology. (that's most of us here)

2) The Indifferent: the people that don't care about anything one way or the other

3) The Defensive: the people you can't debate about anything for no other reason then they are afraid of confrontation. This is the group I have the biggest problem with. This group isn't big into politics, but do have a couple stances, however they don't debate because they view any disagreement as a personal attack and don't want to offend.

4)The Sheep: Those that say they have a position, but haven't thought about it much and can't defend it. My observation has been that they seem to just think what is cool at the time.

These are just observations from life experiences, feel free to comment.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Are the number 4 category people Kerry voters? :D

Kinda, especially considering what Kerry's tax plan would do to the economy. Just got done with Micro and Macro, and based on that if Kerry gets elected the future doesn't look good.

It should be noted however that either side can be equally guilty of this.

I would argue that a lot of Kerry voters are in my 3rd group as well. One of the woman i work with just at random says "I hate Bush, he's a warmonger," and didn't even attempt to defend her statement.

Forum List

Back