Should we or should we not legalize drugs?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Gop guy, May 5, 2004.

1. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well?

In my opinion, this war is TOTALLY POINTLESS.

Federal Agents die EVERYDAY, and for what!? So some addict can get arrested, get back out on the streets, and kill to get more money for drugs?

IF A PERSON WANTS SOMETHING BADLY ENOUGH, HE WILL FIND A WAY TO GET IT, IT'S A SIMPLE CONCEPT.

Some would say that this is a liberal standpoint, I think it's more liberatarian, I don't care either way, it's a LOGICAL standpoint.

We should legalize it, legalize it and place MASSIVE TAXES ON IT.

If they are going to be idiots, lets at least make some money off of them.

Your thoughts....

2. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Seal the borders. Cuts off the supply, eventually the demand goes away......

3. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Addicts WILL find a way to get it.

4. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    If we legalize certain drugs...like cocaine, marijuana, etc....then I want to legalize all drugs and make them available OTC. That way, there will be much lower costs on the prescriptions that my family has to take.

I would also expect the repeal of every single other law that's put in place to protect people...

5. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    True, but it's too easy to get.

6. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I don't think it should be legalized. To me that is like giving up. Why not legalize rape if it's happening too much? I feel like if it's legalized,people will be smokin it as casually as they do cigarettes and getting in their cars driving and putting me and my children in even more danger on the road. I understand that they can do that now,but I think the fear of getting caught squelches some of the abuse. Plus,if it is legalized are we going to put an age on it? I just feel it is way to dangerous and would cause way to many social problems if we do. People would be doing this stuff in public....do you want your kids around that? I don't

7. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But this war has gotten us nowhere

8. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Todays "war on drugs" is like prohibition. We "gave up" on that one too. But, lets face it, like alcohol during prohibition, drugs fuel and finance a huge percentage of crime across the board and across borders. By decriminalizing the use of drugs, we can tax and regulate it. And the money goes into the maw of government. Also, many dedicated DEA agents no longer have to worry about getting killed trying to interdict this stuff. It seems hypocritical to allow tobacco and alcohol to operate openly when both are proven killers. The difference is that the columbian cartels haven't figured out how to lobby congress yet.

9. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's pretty much what I said! Yes!

10. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I see your point-I really do. We can't just let people do things though because it is too tough to stop them. I think something definitely needs to be done about the borders too. I believe part of the problem is that parents are not staying involved enough in their kids lives. We need to know everything they are doing at all times,especially when they are teens becuase this is when they get hooked. No matter how young. I know that most people are going to experiment at one point or another,but I don't want to promote it by legalizing anything. At least the Reagans tried with the "Just Say No" campaign. A lot of people make fun of it,but it was a lot more than Clinton ever tried to do. Now that we have moral leadership,we should crack down on this problem again.