All aboard!!

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
The lines for the government gravy train are getting longer. You better grab your sleeping bag and camp out on the White House steps.

The latest beggars to board are retailers.

Retailers Want In on Stimulus Plan - WSJ.com

The National Retail Federation called for three periods of sales tax-free shopping that would last 10 days each in March, July and October 2009. The trade group estimates that it would save consumers about $20 billion, or $175 per family.

Under the industry group's proposal, which would exclude alcohol and tobacco sales, the federal government would reimburse states for the lost tax revenue. State sales tax rates range from 2.9% to 7.25%, the group said. The five states without a sales tax -- Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon -- would also receive monies.

Now since when does the federal government have the power to compel states to suspend a sales tax? And why should we taxpayers have another 20 billion squandered on yet another bail out?

This is just the beginning folks. Who else will come hat in hand begging for your tax dollars?

If the banks would just loan the money we GAVE THEM TO LOAN OUT, our economy would probably not be in as worse shape as it is now....

The STUPID BANKS are making this whole situatation WORSE imo....

And they have been lined up for months, with hands out.....toilet bowl makers to Diamond retailers......ridiculous!!!!

We need to take the money back from the banks and use it for a better purpose, cuz the guilty as sin banks who had a big hand in this mess ARE NOT loaning the money we gave them as their reward for being IRRESPONSIBLE bastards!

If the banks would just loan the money we GAVE THEM TO LOAN OUT, our economy would probably not be in as worse shape as it is now....

And they have been lined up for months, with hands out.....toilet bowl makers to Diamond retailers......ridiculous!!!!

We need to take the money back from the banks and use it for a better purpose, cuz the guilty as sin banks who had a big hand in this mess ARE NOT loaning the money we gave them as their reward for being IRRESPONSIBLE bastards!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/898401-post29.html

This is just the beginning folks. Who else will come hat in hand begging for your tax dollars?

Are we to assume you republican conservatives hate America so much you would not want to support business here? See the chart below for where a substantial portion of your taxes go, for once get some values in your cold hearted conservative soul. But on second thought keep up the mindless railing against America and its working people, it didn't help you in the past election, and hopefully you'll all disappear for another hundred years.

The Federal Pie Chart

It's definitely not a BAD thing that they aren't loaning money out like candy.

Whether or not they should have even GOTTEN it, is of course up for debate.

It's definitely not a BAD thing that they aren't loaning money out like candy.

Whether or not they should have even GOTTEN it, is of course up for debate.

Paul....i agree with you BUT WHY would they try to DICK (WITH A BIG ONE), me and matt in the rear, who have never paid a thing late, have a credit rating nearing 800....?

Seems to me, THEY ARE MAKING this situation worse by this kind of treatment to those of us who are willing to spend and always pays their bills?

THEY are holding the economy BACK with MORE stupid, knee jerk decisions!!!!

How are you being dicked?

If you have a credit rating of 800, and a house, and a job, you are GOLD.

How are you being dicked? There are so many ways in which you could be profitting from this mess, rather than complaining about the unfairness of it. I mean that in the nicest possible way too, care.

If your debt-income ratio is good, and you have an 800 fico, you can probably get any loan you want right now.

The lines for the government gravy train are getting longer. You better grab your sleeping bag and camp out on the White House steps.

The National Retail Federation called for three periods of sales tax-free shopping that would last 10 days each in March, July and October 2009. The trade group estimates that it would save consumers about $20 billion, or $175 per family.

Under the industry group's proposal, which would exclude alcohol and tobacco sales, the federal government would reimburse states for the lost tax revenue. State sales tax rates range from 2.9% to 7.25%, the group said. The five states without a sales tax -- Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon -- would also receive monies.

Now since when does the federal government have the power to compel states to suspend a sales tax? And why should we taxpayers have another 20 billion squandered on yet another bail out?

I work for a company that has a huge participation in the NRF and I read a lot of what the NRF puts out. Generally it's pretty good stuff, but,
this has got to be about the most STUPID thing I have ever heard from them.
It's almost as if people think the federal government is just sitting around with gobs of money it just wants to give away. What a bunch of idiots.

I might on behalf of Rosetta if they don't make the hoops you have to jump through so complex.

I'm ready now to hire six people: myself, an engineer and four technicans.

We'd be producing something useful not only for the american people, but people all over the world.

The return on investment to the world-wide commonweal would be enormous. It would probably have an annual useage of a couple million students and teachers a year.

It would also generate ten or twenty million dollars worth of educational material for free downloading, too.

How much would it cost to build such an automated pedagogic system?

About HALF the going rate for the obsolete M1 Abrams tanks which the DoD is now planning on selling to Australia for $9.3 million dollars EACH.

Are we to assume you republican conservatives hate America so much you would not want to support business here? See the chart below for where a substantial portion of your taxes go, for once get some values in your cold hearted conservative soul. But on second thought keep up the mindless railing against America and its working people, it didn't help you in the past election, and hopefully you'll all disappear for another hundred years.

The Federal Pie Chart

Saving the people a whole $175 in a year ooooohhh that'll really help the economy.

You know what will really help?

Not adding yet another wedge to your pie chart but cutting taxes across the board drastically so everyone has more money (i don't know like a few thousand dollars more) in their pockets. Adding another chunk of deficit spending that will have to be paid back ain't gonna do nothin'.

And BTW I am not a republican

If you cared so much you'd realize that allowing people to keep what they earn is the best bail out there is but maybe all the blood you've lost from your bleeding heart has made you woozy.

How are you being dicked?

If you have a credit rating of 800, and a house, and a job, you are GOLD.

How are you being dicked? There are so many ways in which you could be profitting from this mess, rather than complaining about the unfairness of it. I mean that in the nicest possible way too, care.

If your debt-income ratio is good, and you have an 800 fico, you can probably get any loan you want right now.

why should i take a loan out when i only wanted to put some christmas orders over the internet, on our credit cards for a few months? 26% interest rates scared the pajesus out of us, even the renegotiate rate of 10% was DOUBLE of what we had been charged, because banks can change your rate again, WITH NO VALID reason to do such....

i have NO CONFIDENCE in our banks....and i am certain there are many like me who feel the same....whose credit cards went up to a 26% interest rate(which is USERY imho) for NO FAULT or reason of their own?

why should i take a loan out when i only wanted to put some christmas orders over the internet, on our credit cards for a few months? 26% interest rates scared the pajesus out of us, even the renegotiate rate of 10% was DOUBLE of what we had been charged, because banks can change your rate again, WITH NO VALID reason to do such....

i have NO CONFIDENCE in our banks....and i am certain there are many like me who feel the same....whose credit cards went up to a 26% interest rate(which is USERY imho) for NO FAULT or reason of their own?
My interest rate did not go up but Bank of America all of sudden had some bogus fees they wanted me to pay. So I just closed my account with them!

Why are you paying 26% with a FICO score of 800?

Tell them you want a rate under 10%, or close the cards out.

It sounds like you are LETTING them screw you. You should be able to get pretty much whatever you want with a score of 800. If not, then move on to another bank.

Why are you paying 26% with a FICO score of 800?

Tell them you want a rate under 10%, or close the cards out.

It sounds like you are LETTING them screw you. You should be able to get pretty much whatever you want with a score of 800. If not, then move on to another bank.
we renegotiated down to 10%, 9.9% on one of them, but that is utterly ridiculously high interest rate for people with such high fico scores like us....

THIS IS WHAT I AM QUESTIONING

WHY THE HELL did 4 separate credit cards, the exact same month, ALL raise our credit cards to 26% interest rates and would have left them there at that rate, IF we had not called to have them lowered and WHAT is to keep them from bringing them back to the 26% from the 10% IF THEY HAD NO REASON to do it in the first place? There are NO LAWS IN PLACE that prevents them from doing such!!!! (the only thing in common with all 4 credit cards that went to 26% is that all 4 credit cards had a zero balance?)

Thus my "no confidence" in the market and primarily our banks, to do the RIGHT THING.....because they obviously were willing to DICK good credit people like us?

Personally, I do not believe banks should be allowed to change ones interest rate so willy nilly and i do believe there should be a cap on interest so it is not usery....loan shark rates.

Last edited:
we renegotiated down to 10%, 9.9% on one of them, but that is utterly ridiculously high interest rate for people with such high fico scores like us....

WHY THE HELL did 4 separate credit cards, the exact same month, ALL raise our credit cards to 26% interest rates and would have left them there at that rate, IF we had not called to have them lowered and WHAT is to keep them from bringing them back to the 26% from the 10% IF THEY HAD NO REASON to do it in the first place? There are NO LAWS IN PLACE that prevents them from doing such!!!! (the only thing in common with all 4 credit cards that went to 26% is that all 4 credit cards had a zero balance?)

Thus my "no confidence" in the market and primarily our banks, to do the RIGHT THING.....because they obviously were willing to DICK good credit people like us?

Personally, I do not believe banks should be allowed to change ones interest rate so willy nilly and i do believe there should be a cap on interest so it is not usery....loan shark rates.

Simple solution.
Don't use credit cards.
I haven't for about 10 years.

Simple solution.
Don't use credit cards.
I haven't for about 10 years.

Well this is what we are back to ourselves, not using any of them....

But if people like us are abused in the manner that we were, how does that bode for the economy and all this money that we gave them TO LOAN OUT?

If they won't lend it to me who has a great credit history, without ROBBING ME IN HIGH INTEREST rates...., then who?

We give them $700 billion of our money, then we give them money at zero percent interest, and they try to charge me 26% for it....I'd say, no one is minding the store when it comes to our representation,. in congress.

Well this is what we are back to ourselves, not using any of them....

But if people like us are abused in the manner that we were, how does that bode for the economy and all this money that we gave them TO LOAN OUT?

If they won't lend it to me who has a great credit history, without ROBBING ME IN HIGH INTEREST rates...., then who?

We give them $700 billion of our money, then we give them money at zero percent interest, and they try to charge me 26% for it....I'd say, no one is minding the store when it comes to our representation,. in congress.
Who is "we"? I damn sure didn't authorize putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.

There is a cap I believe, but I think it's actually in the 30's.

They're just testing you to see if you're an idiot. Obviously you aren't, because you questioned it and got it changed.

The sad thing is, many people have no clue what their interest rate is and just pay whatever the bill says to pay. They are the ones getting screwed.

Why should there be a law, when consumers should just be vigilant enough to keep up on it on their own? All you have to do is inform yourself and be assertive. If you pay your bills on time, regardless of your FICO score, you should be able to get things you want, like lower rates. If you DON'T typically pay your bills on time, then you probably SHOULD pay higher rates because you're a risk.

Banks are testing stupidity. If you're stupid enough to fall for it, you probably DESERVE what you get.

Last edited:

The Federal Pie Chart

You think the new President is any different? Have you seen his appointments? Same Wall St insider crowd EVERY President appoints. Obama has already backed off cancelling the Bush Tax Cuts. Already admitted there will be no new big health care reform. Nothing is changing, nothing at all.....

Forum List

Back