Bill Clinton Blames Democrats for Housing Mess

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
LiveLeak.com - Bill Clinton Blames Democrats for Housing Mess

Bill Clinton Blames Democrats for Housing Mess

When asked what he (Bill Clinton) thought about Democrats blaming Republicans for the sub-prime housing mess, Bill Clinton responds that the main culprits were the Congressional Democrats blocking the Republican/& his reform attempts to reign in Freddie and Fannie

Good for him.
With the passing of each year I am beginning to apreciate what a fantastic job he did as president. I never voted for him, but I wish I had.

He and JFK were the real and only fiscal conservatives we had in the past half century. Funny that they were both Democrats.

The only thing i differ with him on is that the Republicans could have brought up Fannie and freddie strict regulations up for a vote on the Senate floor but because Freddie LOBBIED the Republicans to NOT VOTE for Senator Hagel's reform, the proposed regulations never even came to the floor for a vote.

It was REPUBLICANS that stopped Hagel's regulation bill.

This does not mean the Dems were not doing cartwheels....because many of the Republicans changed their minds after lobbied by Freddie on this regulation....

I'd say both sides of the aisle were "worked" by the Freddie/Fanny LOBBY MACHINE the last 10 years or more.

A little heads up about Bill Clinton...he might be just a tad partisan.

Yeah, that's right, I'm saying that you cannot entirely trust his judgement about what party is responsible.

Far as I can tell, both parties are responsible for everything that happens.

Forum List

Back