All 50 Govs to take stimulus money

I guess Jindal and the couple of other Govs were just posturing.:eek:

"We are pleased with reports that Governor Sanford will join the other 49 governors — Democrats and Republicans — in filing a certification to accept Recovery Act money," said Kenneth Baer, a spokesman for White House Budget Director Peter Orszag.
Sanford gives in on stimulus, will seek funds for S.C. | McClatchy

I think Jindal, Palin, and Sanford will have to go on bended knee to apologize to Boss Limbaugh now. :(

"We are pleased with reports that Governor Sanford will join the other 49 governors — Democrats and Republicans — in filing a certification to accept Recovery Act money," said Kenneth Baer, a spokesman for White House Budget Director Peter Orszag.

I think Jindal, Palin, and Sanford will have to go on bended knee to apologize to Boss Limbaugh now. :(
:lol:

The states that voted for John McCain in 2008 by and large get way more money in federal outlays than they pay in taxes.

The Tax Foundation broke down the fiscal 2005 numbers and ranked the states based on federal outlays vs. how much tax money was sent to Washington.

While New Mexico, a blue state in 2008, ranked first, the states that finished 2-9 are all states that voted for John McCain: Mississippi, Alaska, Louisiana, West Virginia, North Dakota, Alabama, South Dakota, and Kentucky.

GOP fights against stimulus, yet Red States get way more federal money than Blue States. Ironic or Hypocritical? | BuzzFlash.org

So why do we listen to republicans, neo cons, right wingers, supposed conservatives?

Isn't this enough proof that they are full of shit?

Please explain if I am off base here.

Wow, that's just sad. The Federal Government is yet again 'strong-arming' the States to do what they tell them. This Federal 'power-grab' should concern every freedom-loving American. My how far we've fallen since this country was formed not so many years ago.

Wow, that's just sad. The Federal Government is yet again 'strong-arming' the States to do what they tell them. This Federal 'power-grab' should concern every freedom-loving American. My how far we've fallen since this country was formed not so many years ago.

Read my last post. It exposes your post as the bullshit that it is. The red states take more $ from the Fed than they give.

Who twisted their arms to take more than they give?

Do they want to start giving more than they take?

Us Blue states carry your sorry asses.

And who forced the GOP in 2004-2006 to break pork barrel/earmark records?

You mean like when the Supreme Court told Florida to stop the recount and give Bush the election?

You right wingers always talk shit about letting states decide, until you don't like their decisions.

Or something "persuaded" them to change their minds ......
Yeah, the thought of being voted out of office no doubt.

Thats what it was i'm sure....... :eusa_whistle:
I'm pretty sure it is exactly that from reading NOLA about Jindal and listening to even the Republican senators in South Carolina bashing the crap out of their boy. What Gov can survive turning down money for education?

Dude, these rightwing governors were posturing for their rush limbaugh wingnut base, and for their wingnut message board base.

this is Politcs 101......they were always going to take the money, I had no doubt about that

Last edited:

Read my last post. It exposes your post as the bullshit that it is. The red states take more $ from the Fed than they give.

You are such a partisan numskull.

The issue of the federal government stomping on states rights by allowing state legislatures to override the governors on whether or not to take "stimulus" dollars with more stings attached than Carter has little pills is the point.

The "stimulus" scam will ensure that state spending and therefore state taxes will rise just as federal spending and federal taxes will rise and who will be left holding the bag?

EVERY FUCKING ONE OF US.

Last edited:

Dude, these rightwing governors were posturing for their rush limbaugh wingnut base, and for their wingnut message board base.

his is Politcs 101......ithey were always going to take the money, I had no doubt about that
I think they're screwed either way...the either piss off the vast majority, or piss off their rabid bases. A win/win. :lol:

I figured the insults would follow. Actually, your take on red states taking more dollars from the Fed is misguided. I've seen many partisan hacks make this same mistake on here, but I doubt they'll ever want to know the truth. Sure, they take more, but it's because of many factors including more retired people living there, most are farm States, more natural disasters, etc. So the Blue States don't really carry the Red States. It's just that Red States get more money because they are owed more money based on what has already been paid in. You wouldn't understand it, but rest assured your reasoning is flawed.

Yeah, the thought of being voted out of office no doubt.

Thats what it was i'm sure....... :eusa_whistle:
I'm pretty sure it is exactly that from reading NOLA about Jindal and listening to even the Republican senators in South Carolina bashing the crap out of their boy. What Gov can survive turning down money for education?

Check xsited1's post, i didn't feel like splainin' it .....

this is Politcs 101......they were always going to take the money, I had no doubt about that

You sure these Governor's didn't get a dead fish delivered to them ? ..... :eek:

The issue of the federal government stomping on states rights by allowing state legislatures to override the governors on whether or not to take "stimulus" dollars with more stings attached than Carter has little pills is the point.

The "stimulus" scam will ensure that state spending and therefore state taxes will rise just as federal spending and federal taxes will rise and who will be left holding the bag?

EVERY FUCKING ONE OF US.

You'll make an issue out of anything. Conspiracy theorist.

Bottom line is that no one has to force red states to take money. They take more money than tjhey give.

I think red states are just shitting their pants because they might finally have to start contributing their fair share.

I couldn't believe they would turn it down, their constituency would turn on them so fast...

EVERY FUCKING ONE OF US.

You'll make an issue out of anything. Conspiracy theorist.

Bottom line is that no one has to force red states to take money. They take more money than tjhey give.

I think red states are just shitting their pants because they might finally have to start contributing their fair share.

Again you fucking idiot, the thread is that ALL 50 STATES are taking the stimulus money because the fucking federal government is allowing state legislatures to override the governors of those states for the sole reason that the federal government can dictate what entitlements the states must expand.

That is not a conspiracy it is a fact.

Forum List

Back