All 50 Govs to take stimulus money

Christ do we really have to re-hash why they were turning it down again ?

Here's a hint: "strings attached" .....

Or something "persuaded" them to change their minds ......

:lol:

Dude, these rightwing governors were posturing for their rush limbaugh wingnut base, and for their wingnut message board base.

this is Politcs 101......they were always going to take the money, I had no doubt about that

You sure these Governor's didn't get a dead fish delivered to them ? ..... :eek:

Kind of like when the fed forced banks to take TARP money whether they needed it or not?

Kind of like the federal government not letting banks pay back TARP money so it can keep its boot on the neck of private banks?

Wow, that's just sad. The Federal Government is yet again 'strong-arming' the States to do what they tell them. This Federal 'power-grab' should concern every freedom-loving American. My how far we've fallen since this country was formed not so many years ago.

Read my last post. It exposes your post as the bullshit that it is. The red states take more $ from the Fed than they give.

Who twisted their arms to take more than they give?

Do they want to start giving more than they take?

Us Blue states carry your sorry asses.

And who forced the GOP in 2004-2006 to break pork barrel/earmark records?

I figured the insults would follow. Actually, your take on red states taking more dollars from the Fed is misguided. I've seen many partisan hacks make this same mistake on here, but I doubt they'll ever want to know the truth. Sure, they take more, but it's because of many factors including more retired people living there, most are farm States, more natural disasters, etc. So the Blue States don't really carry the Red States. It's just that Red States get more money because they are owed more money based on what has already been paid in. You wouldn't understand it, but rest assured your reasoning is flawed.

I looked and looked and found nothing that substantiates your claim. If your claim has any credibility, you'll be able to provide me with a link or something. I dont' care if it is Fox News. I'd like to see one other source besides you making this claim.

TaxProf Blog: Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

And bottom line is that you take more than you give.

But you partisan hacks can argue anything.

You are such a partisan numskull.

The issue of the federal government stomping on states rights by allowing state legislatures to override the governors on whether or not to take "stimulus" dollars with more stings attached than Carter has little pills is the point.

The "stimulus" scam will ensure that state spending and therefore state taxes will rise just as federal spending and federal taxes will rise and who will be left holding the bag?

EVERY FUCKING ONE OF US.

You'll make an issue out of anything. Conspiracy theorist.

Bottom line is that no one has to force red states to take money. They take more money than tjhey give.

I think red states are just shitting their pants because they might finally have to start contributing their fair share.

Again you fucking idiot, the thread is that ALL 50 STATES are taking the stimulus money because the fucking federal government is allowing state legislatures to override the governors of those states for the sole reason that the federal government can dictate what entitlements the states must expand.

That is not a conspiracy it is a fact.

You wouldn't know a fact if it fucked you in the ass.

Bottom line is that no one has to force red states to take money. They take more money than tjhey give.

I think red states are just shitting their pants because they might finally have to start contributing their fair share.

Again you fucking idiot, the thread is that ALL 50 STATES are taking the stimulus money because the fucking federal government is allowing state legislatures to override the governors of those states for the sole reason that the federal government can dictate what entitlements the states must expand.

Maybe you could tell me what it feels like to be fucked in the ass. I'm sure you're an expert

Maybe you could tell me what it feels like to be fucked in the ass. I'm sure you're an expert

Why do you want to know that? Thinking of trying it? What if I told you it felt good? You just have to relax and take it. If you pucker your ass, it'll hurt and cause tearing/bleeding.

OMG, I just grossed myself out. :lol:

Why do you want to know that? Thinking of trying it? What if I told you it felt good? You just have to relax and take it. If you pucker your ass, it'll hurt and cause tearing/bleeding.

OMG, I just grossed myself out. :lol:

thank you for proving my point SealyButtPirate

The Dems are fucking you in the ass and all you keep saying is " harder !, harder !! " .... :eusa_whistle:

The Dems are fucking you in the ass and all you keep saying is " harder !, harder !! " .... :eusa_whistle:

Maybe they have smaller dicks because I only remember getting fucked by the GOP.

Read my last post. It exposes your post as the bullshit that it is. The red states take more $ from the Fed than they give.

Who twisted their arms to take more than they give?

Do they want to start giving more than they take?

Us Blue states carry your sorry asses.

And who forced the GOP in 2004-2006 to break pork barrel/earmark records?

I figured the insults would follow. Actually, your take on red states taking more dollars from the Fed is misguided. I've seen many partisan hacks make this same mistake on here, but I doubt they'll ever want to know the truth. Sure, they take more, but it's because of many factors including more retired people living there, most are farm States, more natural disasters, etc. So the Blue States don't really carry the Red States. It's just that Red States get more money because they are owed more money based on what has already been paid in. You wouldn't understand it, but rest assured your reasoning is flawed.

I looked and looked and found nothing that substantiates your claim. If your claim has any credibility, you'll be able to provide me with a link or something. I dont' care if it is Fox News. I'd like to see one other source besides you making this claim.

TaxProf Blog: Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

And bottom line is that you take more than you give.

But you partisan hacks can argue anything.

There is plenty of information in the link you just posted. You just have to learn to read. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, Sealy. Put down the bong pipe and read!!!

Well, it's not surprise - you guys retire and move south or southwest. Naturally, entitlement dollars follow your retirees. Figure in the large amount of military bases located in the read areas (you put bases where you get troops from) and voila! more dollars to states that are "red"..

What affects the rankings?

One factor affecting rankings is that federal spending on defense and other procurement dollars are often funneled to the states of powerful members of congress. Also, state governments can grab more federal grant money by manipulating their spending to comply with federal regulations.

Another factor is demography. States with more residents on Social Security, Medicare and other federal entitlements tend to rank high. Similarly, high spending levels in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia are explained by the predominance of federal employees.

Finally, states with higher incomes per capita—such as Connecticut—pay higher federal taxes per capita thanks to the income tax's progressive structure, which increases federal taxes per dollar of federal spending received in return.

http://www.oscarjr.us/archives/000485.html

did anyone consider that this "spokesman" is lying?
and McClatchy is well known for being shills for the democrats

:lol:

Dude, these rightwing governors were posturing for their rush limbaugh wingnut base, and for their wingnut message board base.

this is Politcs 101......they were always going to take the money, I had no doubt about that

You sure these Governor's didn't get a dead fish delivered to them ? ..... :eek:

Kind of like when the fed forced banks to take TARP money whether they needed it or not?

Kind of like the federal government not letting banks pay back TARP money so it can keep its boot on the neck of private banks?

I love saying "I told you so". It just never gets old.

Opinion: Obama Wants Bank Control - WSJ.com

I must be naive. I really thought the administration would welcome the return of bank bailout money. Some $340 million in TARP cash flowed back this week from four small banks in Louisiana, New York, Indiana and California. This isn't much when we routinely talk in trillions, but clearly that money has not been wasted or otherwise sunk down Wall Street's black hole. So why no cheering as the cash comes back?

My answer: The government wants to control the banks, just as it now controls GM and Chrysler, and will surely control the health industry in the not-too-distant future. Keeping them TARP-stuffed is the key to control. And for this intensely political president, mere influence is not enough. The White House wants to tell 'em what to do. Control. Direct. Command.

TOLD YOU SO

It is not for nothing that rage has been turned on those wicked financiers. The banks are at the core of the administration's thrust: By managing the money, government can steer the whole economy even more firmly down the left fork in the road.

If the banks are forced to keep TARP cash -- which was often forced on them in the first place -- the Obama team can work its will on the financial system to unprecedented degree. That's what's happening right now.

TOLD YOU SO

Here's a true story first reported by my Fox News colleague Andrew Napolitano (with the names and some details obscured to prevent retaliation). Under the Bush team a prominent and profitable bank, under threat of a damaging public audit, was forced to accept less than $1 billion of TARP money. The government insisted on buying a new class of preferred stock which gave it a tiny, minority position. The money flowed to the bank. Arguably, back then, the Bush administration was acting for purely economic reasons. It wanted to recapitalize the banks to halt a financial panic.

Fast forward to today, and that same bank is begging to give the money back. The chairman offers to write a check, now, with interest. He's been sitting on the cash for months and has felt the dead hand of government threatening to run his business and dictate pay scales. He sees the writing on the wall and he wants out. But the Obama team says no, since unlike the smaller banks that gave their TARP money back, this bank is far more prominent. The bank has also been threatened with "adverse" consequences if its chairman persists. That's politics talking, not economics.

TOLD YOU SO

Think about it: If Rick Wagoner can be fired and compact cars can be mandated, why can't a bank with a vault full of TARP money be told where to lend? And since politics drives this administration, why can't special loans and terms be offered to favored constituents, favored industries, or even favored regions? Our prosperity has never been based on the political allocation of credit -- until now.

TOLD YOU SO

Which brings me to the Pay for Performance Act, just passed by the House. This is an outstanding example of class warfare. I'm an Englishman. We invented class warfare, and I know it when I see it. This legislation allows the administration to dictate pay for anyone working in any company that takes a dime of TARP money. This is a whip with which to thrash the unpopular bankers, a tool to advance the Obama administration's goal of controlling the financial system.

TOLD YOU SO

After 35 years in America, I never thought I would see this. I still can't quite believe we will sit by as this crisis is used to hand control of our economy over to government. But here we are, on the brink.

TOLD YOU SO

Clearly, I have been naive.

naive? The author and many others are guilty but at least the author recognizes his naivete. Unfortunately the sheep would still rather follow the wolf in this case.

Oh, I almost forgot

I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO

Wow, that's just sad. The Federal Government is yet again 'strong-arming' the States to do what they tell them. This Federal 'power-grab' should concern every freedom-loving American. My how far we've fallen since this country was formed not so many years ago.

The idea of a sovreign state was eliminated after the Civil War for fear of giving states so much power, they wouldn't want to be part of the Union any longer.

A small federal government wouldn't work now anyway thanks to ol' Kipper, Ronald Reagan who dramamtically increased spending, debt and the size of the federal government.

hey guess what skull? An opinion piece by some fox hack in the wsj isn't fact.

so you come up with an alternate opinion on why the government will not allow TARP funds to be repaid.

And remember the simplest explanation is usually true.
It isn't true that the banks aren't allowed to repay TARP funds.

Five banks repay TARP, others in line (Dealscape)

oh the smaller less prominent banks mentioned in the op ed you mean?

Where are the big banks?

hey guess what skull? An opinion piece by some fox hack in the wsj isn't fact.

so you come up with an alternate opinion on why the government will not allow TARP funds to be repaid.

And remember the simplest explanation is usually true.
It isn't true that the banks aren't allowed to repay TARP funds.

Five banks repay TARP, others in line (Dealscape)

oh the smaller less prominent banks mentioned in the op ed you mean?

Goldman Sachs looks to repay TARP money - The Boston Globe

Where are the big banks?

they have to take all the money because the language in the bill says u can't nitpick what money you want to take....its stupid....why not let the governors decide what money to take and what not to take....instead they put in this language so they can save face

Forum List

Back