ALEC members flee

hilbert

Mar 30, 2012
Winnboro, Texas
What has Coke, Pepsi, Kraft, McDonalds, and the Gates’ Foundation hold in common. They have all dropped out of the right wing lobbying oranization, ALEC (American Legislative Enterprise Council), which lobbied for the NRA for Florida’s “stand your ground” law, plus has lobbied for the same law in scores of other states.

ALEC Under Fire: Mars Joins Flurry of Corporations Withdrawing Support | AlterNet

There is a god. I always knew if enough attention was ever focused on ALEC it would destroy them. Score one for Occupy.

ALEC has its claws into Christie in NJ, Walker in Wisconsin, Snyder in Michigan, the Ohio Governor, Florida. Everywhere there is GOP governor and enough of a majority in the state houses to push through their radical agenda.

The latest on the list exposed is Bobbi Jindal in Louisiana

Bobby Jindal Recall: Teachers Seek To Oust Louisiana Governor

Wait till the hammer drops in late August.

These companies think they are playing nice in the sandbox with a 3% of their base. Trust me. Wait till August.

There is a god. I always knew if enough attention was ever focused on ALEC it would destroy them. Score one for Occupy.

You can't destroy ALEC. That's the fun of all of this. What is happening is we are flushing out all the radical left wing organizations who think they have a voice with the radicals in Obama's administration.

You don't get it at all do you?:D

Instead of posting on boards tonight and for the past weeks, I've been profiling members of Colour yes Brit spelling Color of Change.

By all means, please keep putting yourselves out there.

:D

Wait till the hammer drops in late August.

These companies think they are playing nice in the sandbox with a 3% of their base. Trust me. Wait till August.

Ok, we'll wait.

In the meantime...

Two months after it was first announced, the "I Stand With ALEC" website supporting the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) has finally gone live -- and it is underwhelming.

In April (as CMD/PRWatch reported), ALEC's Director of External Relations Caitlyn Korb spoke at a Heritage Foundation "Bloggers Briefing," where she said ALEC was "getting absolutely killed in social media venues" and pleaded with right-wing bloggers for support. She also referenced the coalition-building and institutional support from Americans for Tax Reform, the group led by right-wing activist Grover Norquist. At the time, Korb announced that ALEC would be launching an "I Stand With ALEC" website in the coming days as part of "a very aggressive campaign to really spread the word about what we do."

But for months, "IStandWithALEC.com" remained dormant. The site was registered to Matt Braynard of the Braynard Group, which also did the website for Norquist's Americans for Tax Reform, and had developed sites for groups like the Koch-funded Americans for Prosperity. The #IStandWithALEC hashtag appeared on twitter but received little traffic, despite being promoted by right-wing commentator Michelle Malkin (who also unsuccessfully promoted a boycott of companies that dropped their ALEC membership).

...we'll keep laughing. :lol:

"I Stand With ALEC" Website Stumbles from the Start

Forum List

Back