Alarmist Claim Rebuttals

A line had to be drawn somewhere. Where would you have drawn it?

I would draw the line at 100,000, 10,000, 1,000, 100 and 10 ... then pick the one that best exemplifies the point I wanted to make ... part of the creativity in using the statistical arts ... alternately, I would publish all the data and let the reader decide for themselves ...

The point is that one of the prominent denier conspiracy theory is that UHI effects explain all of warming. That conspiracy theory is conclusively debunked by the hard data.

Do you know what a conspiracy theory is? ... folks sitting down together in secret and agreeing to all make the same claim ... I'll admit, as far as conspiracy theories go, this is a good one, must be 100 million on the inside ... not to mention the couple of billion who don't have enough electricity or natural gas to cook their meals ...

What do we call Denialists that agree the Earth is warming and agree that man-kind contributes to this effect? ...

Last edited:
do nothing climate policy is RACIST, since the non-white global south is being victimized by climate change more than the whiter global north, even as the whiter global north is contributing more to its acceleration

Is that a version of your "The sun did it, and the heat hid in the oceans for decades!" conspiracy theory? It's hard to tell.

Pardon me squiddly -- but the "heat hiding in the oceans" lame excuse was done by a guy named Trenberth who just FORGOT to add that heat into his now famous and iconic "Energy Budget" diagram he penned about 12 years before his trip to Davy Jones to FIND where the heat went...

Wasn't me.. For sure.. I ALWAYS FIGURED that guy screwed up on his "Energy Budget".. Starting with the fact that his numbers for that table napkin exercise aren't ENERGY -- they are POWER and they TOTALLY IGNORE the entire concept of the Earth storing long term heat..

I'm sure others have explained this to him since... :abgg2q.jpg:

But hell if I'm gonna explain it to you... :5_1_12024:

Pardon me squiddly -- but the "heat hiding in the oceans" lame excuse was done by a guy named Trenberth who just FORGOT to add that heat into his now famous and iconic "Energy Budget" diagram he penned about 12 years before his trip to Davy Jones to FIND where the heat went...

In the long run, what do you hope to accomplish with such conspiracy theories? After all, nobody outside of your cult pays attention to them. You're just preaching to your cult choir.

Wasn't me.. For sure.. I ALWAYS FIGURED that guy screwed up on his "Energy Budget".. Starting with the fact that his numbers for that table napkin exercise aren't ENERGY -- they are POWER and they TOTALLY IGNORE the entire concept of the Earth storing long term heat..

I'm sure others have explained this to him since...

But hell if I'm gonna explain it to you...

As is always the case when the dogshit nature of your pseudoscience is highlighted, you're going with evasions and insults instead of answers. Being that you won't answer, I'll have to do it for you.

Your loopy conspiracy theory is that higher solar activity in the past caused heat to pile up in the oceans, and that heat is leaking out now and heating the earth's land surface during a period of low solar activity.

Sadly for you, we have records from things called "thermometers", which measured temperatures in the oceans, and that data flatly debunks your theory. The oceans are warming now, not cooling. They're absorbing heat, not releasing heat.

No matter. You've got your religious beliefs, and no stupid liberal tricks like facts and reason and hard data are going to make a dent in your faith.

Forum List

Back