Alabama's immigration reform again cuts unemployment!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"The Democrats’ focus on immigration is largely intended to rally Hispanic voters behind
President Barack Obama.

Multiple polls show that Hispanic-American voters believe that jobs and education are their top political issues.

But the polls also show that heated controversies over immigration tend to rally Hispanic support for Democratic candidates.

Democratic politicians and activists try to create controversies over the issue, partly by portraying bipartisan efforts to curb illegal immigration as racist.

For example, numerous Democrats have declared that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s call for immigration enforcement is “extreme.”

Romney “would become the most extreme presidential nominee of our time,” Florida Democratic Rep. Ted Deutch declared in a joint Jan. 12 press conference with fellow Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the head of the Democratic National Committee."

Alabama | Immigration Law | Unemployment | Robert Bentley | The Daily Caller

Did you hear that they are quietly going to go back and gut the law after it became apparent that the sizable ag industry in Ala. lost millions due to a shortage of workers? Guess not, republicans rarely think of the unintended consequences of their actions. BTW those jobs that some are so proud of gaining will be toast just as soon as they can find a way to get illegals back into the chicken plants.

Did you hear that they are quietly going to go back and gut the law after it became apparent that the sizable ag industry in Ala. lost millions due to a shortage of workers? Guess not, republicans rarely think of the unintended consequences of their actions. BTW those jobs that some are so proud of gaining will be toast just as soon as they can find a way to get illegals back into the chicken plants.

Why do you keep repeating yourself about how the Ag industry is losing millions due to a shortage of workers???

The current dilemma in which some of growers find themselves can be easily avoided by simply using the long existing federal foreign guest worker system known as the H2A visa program.

A H2A visa program establishes lawful means for agricultural employers who anticipate a shortage of domestic workers to bring an unlimited number of temporary foreign workers into the United States.

Illegal immigrants work in many sectors of the U.S. economy. According to National Public Radio in 2005, about ONLY 3 PERCENT WORK IN AGRICULTURE; 33 percent have jobs in service industries; and substantial numbers can be found in construction and related occupations (16 percent), and in production, installation, and repair (17 percent).[5] According to USA Today in 2006, about 4 percent work in farming; 21 percent have jobs in service industries; and substantial numbers can be found in construction and related occupations (19 percent), and in production, installation, and repair (15 percent), with 12% in sales, 10% in management, and 8% in transportation.

Are you an American?

If so; why would you be rooting for the illegals to get the jobs back?

Shouldn't you be saying that now the chicken plants will have to pay more money to their workers; American workers.

Are you an American?

If so; why would you be rooting for the illegals to get the jobs back?

Shouldn't you be saying that now the chicken plants will have to pay more money to their workers; American workers.

He loves illegals that take our jobs and turns our communities into third world shit holes. Likely excites him as he likes seeing civilization trashed!

Check out this hilarious site. I love it. It's so funny. Don't you right wingers see this as "hysterical"? The first two paragraphs were emails. The last a commentary. And oh, this was just a taste of the humor. There's lots more on this site. Go check it out. See what the "fun" is all about.

Oh, those Republicans. Every time they try to do something, I don't know whether to hug it or snap it's neck.

Alabama Immigration Laws Fail Farmers While NOT Putting Unemployed American’s Back to Work. « Cowgirls Don't Get The Blues

Jamie Boatwright’s farm in the Chandler Mountain area of Alabama was devastated by the law. He barely finished the season, with lots a tomatoes rotting on the vine and no pickers. Most of Boatwright’s usual workers left Alabama after the new immigration law went into effect. They went to FL. He is not sure what he will do next year, if he does anything next year. He is unable to start planning the season and estimates he will only plant 20% or so of his 100 acres. He will not be able to pay his bills and wonders how he will take care of his family next season.

Potato farmer Keith Smith hired Americans. It’s not working. If they show up, they are late, work slower or call it quits after a few hours. His farm is in dire straits. He is not sure he will make it.

Per a number of Republicans, one of the reasons for passing this law was to “help American’s get back to work” Hummmm, guess what, assholes? Americans don’t want jobs picking tomatoes, potatoes or blueberries! They haven’t for generations. This law will only close down or greatly reduce farming in Alabama. Let’s call this law what it is, another stupid idea from xenophobic tea party republicans. File under #bigfail.

It is a good thing to get rid of the illegals

Now the farmers will have to start paying money in order to attract better American workers to the fields.

Americans can and will work as good as any illegal.

But not for the low wages that were paid to illegals.

I live in Alabama, I've had a front row seat for this mess, my cousin lost 75% of her crop of peaches because she could not find anyone to pick them. The goddamned roadblocks these asshole cops set up were such a pain in ass that going anywhere got to be an intolerable pain in the ass, they were fond of setting up where my little community joined the main road and I was stopped 10 times in two months just going to the store. Immigration is in bad need of reform and taking a draconian law enforcement only approach is a recipe for economic disaster to some. If there is ever a national news story out of Ala. that does not make us look like horrible, backward people I will probably faint.

I live in Alabama, I've had a front row seat for this mess, my cousin lost 75% of her crop of peaches because she could not find anyone to pick them. The goddamned roadblocks these asshole cops set up were such a pain in ass that going anywhere got to be an intolerable pain in the ass, they were fond of setting up where my little community joined the main road and I was stopped 10 times in two months just going to the store. Immigration is in bad need of reform and taking a draconian law enforcement only approach is a recipe for economic disaster to some. If there is ever a national news story out of Ala. that does not make us look like horrible, backward people I will probably faint.

Are these stops our TSA guys in action? Or Just the local boys?

And they arrested a Mercedez Benz executive.

"Your papers, please!"

It's extraordinarily difficult to demonstrate a causal relationship between the unemployment rate and any particular legislation. At the least, I would want to see unemployment broken down by industry, so that one might compare industries known to hire undocumented workers to those that tend not to.

No neutral authority seems to be claiming that the unemployment rate dropped because of the immigration legislation, and even one of the bills sponsors acknowledges that there are other forces at work: Alabama's unemployment rate drops to 8.1% - CBS News. Alabama's Governor, who supports the immigration legislation says that the law might be helping in some counties.

What effect the immigration legislation is having on Alabama's economy is certainly of interest. Unfortunately, the Daily Caller article is too interested in trying to make a partisan point to shed any light on the subject.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I am proud that Alabama took the initiative and did something about illegal immigration.

I just wish the other 49 states would follow Alabama's lead. :cool:

Are these stops our TSA guys in action? Or Just the local boys?

Local roid raging dicks who took the opportunity to search my car for no good reason three times, they packed up their little gestapo act about the time it came out that they were going to gut the law.

It's extraordinarily difficult to demonstrate a causal relationship between the unemployment rate and any particular legislation. At the least, I would want to see unemployment broken down by industry, so that one might compare industries known to hire undocumented workers to those that tend not to.

No neutral authority seems to be claiming that the unemployment rate dropped because of the immigration legislation, and even one of the bills sponsors acknowledges that there are other forces at work: Alabama's unemployment rate drops to 8.1% - CBS News. Alabama's Governor, who supports the immigration legislation says that the law might be helping in some counties.

What effect the immigration legislation is having on Alabama's economy is certainly of interest. Unfortunately, the Daily Caller article is too interested in trying to make a partisan point to shed any light on the subject.

I'm sure it's just as effective as what they did in Georgia.

Crop Losses Could Top $1B

Poor Republicans. Everything they touch turns to shit. What they did after Katrina. Iraq. Letting Bin Laden go. Afghanistan. Economic meltdown. Doesn't matter what it is. They are like Midas. Only he turned stuff to "gold".

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I am proud that Alabama took the initiative and did something about illegal immigration.

I just wish the other 49 states would follow Alabama's lead. :cool:

Republicans are like locusts. They don't want to devastate a couple of states. They want to devastate the entire country. All at one time.

Local roid raging dicks who took the opportunity to search my car for no good reason three times, they packed up their little gestapo act about the time it came out that they were going to gut the law.

And why did you allow them to? Unless they had probable cause they had no right to search your vehicle under the Fourth Amendment.

I'm sure it's just as effective as what they did in Georgia.

Crop Losses Could Top $1B

Poor Republicans. Everything they touch turns to shit. What they did after Katrina. Iraq. Letting Bin Laden go. Afghanistan. Economic meltdown. Doesn't matter what it is. They are like Midas. Only he turned stuff to "gold".

I wonder if I could find another couple of states Republican policies have devastated during the last few months. Maybe where the recalls are happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans are like locusts. They don't want to devastate a couple of states. They want to devastate the entire country. All at one time.
Here is what I don't understand about you rdean.

You are an American citizen.

So why do you champion the causes and rights of illegals over American citizens?

And seem almost giddy with joy when laws or policies to help American workers have difficulties.

Shouldn't you be rooting for America and Americans to succeed and not fail regardless of political affiliation?

And why did you allow them to? Unless they had probable cause they had no right to search your vehicle under the Fourth Amendment.

Didn't feel like getting tazed that day bro.

Forum List

Back