Alabama tried it and failed

You do know Alabama is going to come back after their lost to Clemson right?

Alabama’s Tough Immigration Law Didn’t Fail — It Was Gutted

But that still leaves us with the complaint that enforcing the law hurts agriculture. Shockingly, the best explanation of this complaint comes from the good liberals over at the Center for American Progress. The progressives argue it’s a massive burden for farm conglomerates to follow the law and use E-Verify.

Even worse, these businessmen could even be punished for (gasp!) knowingly breaking the law. Imagine if we lived in a country that forced business owners to follow the law. What a nightmare that would be!

Big agriculture is not above the law and should follow it. If food prices go up because your industry actually has to employ legal labor, then that’s an acceptable cost to bear. The real problem with agriculture and immigration enforcement is not that it “hurts” the business, but that farm companies have built the industry around breaking the law.

Perhaps we should do like Mexifornia and create Sanctuary Cities and OPENLY VIOLATE FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS.

NOT.......GONNA HAPPEN.

7bfe8ca466af1f3758106db621b1c34f.jpg

But that still leaves us with the complaint that enforcing the law hurts agriculture. Shockingly, the best explanation of this complaint comes from the good liberals over at the Center for American Progress. The progressives argue it’s a massive burden for farm conglomerates to follow the law and use E-Verify.

Even worse, these businessmen could even be punished for (gasp!) knowingly breaking the law. Imagine if we lived in a country that forced business owners to follow the law. What a nightmare that would be!

Big agriculture is not above the law and should follow it. If food prices go up because your industry actually has to employ legal labor, then that’s an acceptable cost to bear. The real problem with agriculture and immigration enforcement is not that it “hurts” the business, but that farm companies have built the industry around breaking the law.

Who even reads this?

The US has used migrant farm workers for many many years. And no, not all of them are undocumented. Many are US citizens.

Is there really no way to continue to support family owned and operated farms and do we really want to give up and just hand our land over to big business?

I don't.

Please watch the video and think what this means you your fellow Americans.

:night:

Who even reads this?

I'm from Alabama and read it. Which part of the State took steps to comply with federal immigration laws don't you understand.

And if the farmers, which I know some, just down the road..............want cheap mexican labor they can sponsor them under our immigration laws.

BTW The ones working those fields and nurseries are GASP...........still working here. I see them everyday.............

Liberals want to prosecute those that hire illegal immigrants. We need to honor their wish.

The US has used migrant farm workers for many many years. And no, not all of them are undocumented. Many are US citizens.

Is there really no way to continue to support family owned and operated farms and do we really want to give up and just hand our land over to big business?

I don't.

And farms and companies can sponsor workers to come here and work so I can see more houses around here with 20 Mexicans living in a 2 bedroom shack up house. Just down the road from me. Right now there is a trend to hire employees through TEMP AGENCIES IN MEXICO via legal means. What's the dang problem with that.

I don't.

Get a job

Liberals want to prosecute those that hire illegal immigrants. We need to honor their wish.
I agree with that premise...........and E-Verify is a way to hire that is supposed to ensure companies or farms are hiring legal workers.

Forum List

Back