Alabama cheif justice says the 1st Amendment is only for Christians

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Does Alabama's chief justice have a valid point? Is he right?

Alabama justice says the First Amendment only protects Christians | MSNBC

Alabama’s chief justice offered an unusual interpretation of the U.S. Constitution in a newly-released video, telling a religious organization that the First Amendment only protects Christianity.

“They didn’t bring the Koran over on the pilgrim ship, the Mayflower” Chief Justice Roy Moore announced at the Pastor for Life Luncheon, an event hosted in January by Pro-Life Mississippi. In a video obtained and released by Raw Story last Friday, Moore told his audience that religion in the First Amendment only applied to the God in the Bible.

His point is what gets Christians shot in Muslim countries, Muslims shot in Hindu countries, and Jews shot everywhere. It's also what makes people like me hate the Jesus Freaks, for very valid reasons.

He didn't say that. His comments ere interpreted and spun by MSNBC writer Claire Kim. Let it go lefties, you lost the battle.

His point is what gets Christians shot in Muslim countries, Muslims shot in Hindu countries, and Jews shot everywhere. It's also what makes people like me hate the Jesus Freaks, for very valid reasons.

Right. Shouldn't Chief Justice Roy Moore be defrocked, dethroned or whatever it is they do to chief justices for treason?

Right. Shouldn't Chief Justice Roy Moore be drfrocked, dethroned or whatever it is they do to chief justices for treason?

Be specific, please, quote for us where he said what you claimed. This has already been debunked you are a dollar short and a day late.

He didn't say that. His comments ere interpreted and spun by MSNBC writer Claire Kim. Let it go lefties, you lost the battle.

No, I don't think so. I think I'll start a petition to unseat/impeach that bad chief justice.

Watched the entire video did not hear him say anywhere the First Amendment only protects Christianity. Perhaps someone can point out on the time frame on the video where he says that in case I missed it.

Last edited:
Does Alabama's chief justice have a valid point? Is he right?

Alabama justice says the First Amendment only protects Christians | MSNBC

Alabama’s chief justice offered an unusual interpretation of the U.S. Constitution in a newly-released video, telling a religious organization that the First Amendment only protects Christianity.

“They didn’t bring the Koran over on the pilgrim ship, the Mayflower” Chief Justice Roy Moore announced at the Pastor for Life Luncheon, an event hosted in January by Pro-Life Mississippi. In a video obtained and released by Raw Story last Friday, Moore told his audience that religion in the First Amendment only applied to the God in the Bible.

Strange, same thing claimed on one of the first threads on this and no matter how many times asked, not one person could quote where he said such. :eusa_whistle:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...rst-amendment-applies-only-to-christians.html

Right. Shouldn't Chief Justice Roy Moore be drfrocked, dethroned or whatever it is they do to chief justices for treason?

Be specific, please, quote for us where he said what you claimed. This has already been debunked you are a dollar short and a day late.

But Roy Moore should still be defrocked, dethroned or whatever they do to chief justices for his bullshit with the 10 Commandments monument.

Why are you saying that? He was on video. And you got a nitwit to agree with you:

Speaking at the Pastor for Life Luncheon, which was sponsored by Pro-Life Mississippi, Chief Justice Roy Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court declared that the First Amendment only applies to Christians because “Buddha didn’t create us, Mohammed didn’t create us, it was the God of the Holy Scriptures” who created us.

He claimed that this is why America has “lost its way,” and that he would be publishing a pamphlet “this week, maybe next” that contained copies of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, thereby proving that all the people “who found this nation — black, white, all people, all religions, all faiths” knew that America was “about God.”

Last edited by a moderator:
The Judge was correct in saying that the First Amendment only applied to the God of Abraham in the scriptures. That's why muslims are cultists, and should not be protected by the First. However, Jews, Mormans, and perhaps others believe in the same God as Christians generally.

He said Buddha and Mohammed didn't create us.

At no time did he say the first amendment was only for Christians.

The thread title is a lie.

What did he say? Just what do YOU think he meant? Give us your interpretation. I'll await.

Forum List

Back