Alabama #1 College Basketball Team

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This school is an athletic powerhouse, they continually have the number one football team, but now they are making noise in college basketball. I wonder how the SEC stacks up to the Big 10? We will find out in 2 weeks.

Alabama 22-3 on the season, and 12-0 in SEC games.

Last edited:
This school is an athletic powerhouse, they continually have the number one football team, but now they are making noise in college basketball. I wonder how the SEC stacks up to the Big 10? We will find out in 2 weeks.

Nate Oats has turned this team around
Might be the best offensive team in the nation

Alabama’s stint at #1 will be short lived
They just lost to Tennessee

I was excited to see this! They have been doing great all season.

But losing to the orange sucks.

Georgia has a winning record, they were 16-10 coming into this game, but just got destroyed by #1 Alabama.

108-59.

Alabama almost LAPPED them.

Bama should drop to no lower than second as number three Purdue lost its third in the last four. Don’t see why Purdue stays so high in the ratings
Number 1 Houstons ranking is built on a weak schedule. They will not last long once they have to play top teams in the tournament

Bama should drop to no lower than second as number three Purdue lost its third in the last four. Don’t see why Purdue stays so high in the ratings
Edey (I believe that is his name), dude is a 7 footer, but they rely on him too much and once he fouls out in the tournament, Purdue will be finished.

Georgia has a winning record, they were 16-10 coming into this game, but just got destroyed by #1 Alabama.

108-59.

Alabama almost LAPPED them.

That was a true ass whipping!! Those Dawgs never stood a chance.

ya brandon miller brings a gun at the request of a team mate to fight where that gun was used to killed a person
ya ok

ya brandon miller brings a gun at the request of a team mate to fight where that gun was used to killed a person
ya ok

Alabama is more concerned with a Final Four than disciplining their star player

Is this a major scandal, in one sense., that this team is still even playing? They are either #1 in the country or close to #1, and suppose for the second they had a losing record. Would they even still be playing? Or would they have dismissed more players and still continued playing? New Mexico ended their BB season, and this is far worse than the hazing that took place at New Mexico and. caused them to just end it early.

This is perfect example of sports fandom, and major revenue, being more important than peoples lives.

Is this a major scandal, in one sense., that this team is still even playing? They are either #1 in the country or close to #1, and suppose for the second they had a losing record. Would they even still be playing? Or would they have dismissed more players and still continued playing? New Mexico ended their BB season, and this is far worse than the hazing that took place at New Mexico and. caused them to just end it early.

This is perfect example of sports fandom, and major revenue, being more important than peoples lives.

College Athletes routinely get suspended for frivolous reasons

Wearing Under Armor instead of Nike, accepting a free lunch, talking to an agent.

But a player involved in a fatal shooting gets to play

Wearing Under Armor instead of Nike, accepting a free lunch, talking to an agent.

They are an easy #1 seed in the South bracket, they won't give up on the season over a little gun violence.

I’m an “innocent until proven guilty” kinda guy, and honor the constitutions provisions (it’s sad when that’s not a universal standard)and if there’s no crime there should be no consequences for a student in regards to public universities, as state funded picking and choosing of which morals are good and bad is an overstep, even if sometimes pretty unanimous

However, I think it’s pretty clear he SHOULD have been charged as an accessory in this case.

I’m an “innocent until proven guilty” kinda guy, and if there’s no crime there should be no consequences for a student in regards to public universities, as state funded picking and choosing of which morals are good and bad is an overstep, even if sometimes pretty unanimous

However, I think it’s pretty clear he SHOULD have been charged as an accessory in this case.
I agree to a point
He will not be held criminally liable and his life should not be ruined.

But you are judged by the company you keep and the decisions you make. When someone texts you at Midnight and says……Bring me my gun
You make an excuse or just say No

Colleges routinely suspend players for trivial offenses, in this case his poor decisions reflect badly on the team and University.
He should be sitting

Where is the NCAA on this?

I agree to a point
He will not be held criminally liable and his life should not be ruined.

But you are judged by the company you keep and the decisions you make. When someone texts you at Midnight and says……Bring me my gun
You make an excuse or just say No

Colleges routinely suspend players for trivial offenses, in this case his poor decisions reflect badly on the team and University.
He should be sitting

Where is the NCAA on this?
Based on the existing standard you’re right, as colleges routinely step in and dictate morality by punishing students for non-criminal behavior (sometimes tyrannically and for wrong think) It’s not a good look, the guy should have scolded his teammate for being up so late, encouraged him to calm down and sleep it off.

Based on the existing standard you’re right, as colleges routinely step in and dictate morality by punishing students for non-criminal behavior (sometimes tyrannically and for wrong think) It’s not a good look, the guy should have scolded his teammate for being up so late, encouraged him to calm down and sleep it off.

When someone texts you in the middle of the night and says….I am at this bar, I need you to bring my gun, alarms should go off.
I would have known better when I was a kid.

Extremely poor judgement that resulted in a young mother being killed. If not for Miller bringing the gun, she would be alive.

Forum List

Back