Al Qaida threat worse under Obama

At least I hope you stop spewing "Bush was appointed" crap. It really makes you look old and tired. Sometimes just not saying something stupid makes you look smarter. I do like you avatar.

again, either discuss the holding of bush v gore or stop boring me.

you can't, though, can you?

you've gotten your butt kicked from all sides this evening. i'd take the advice of not saying stupid things if i were you. :thup:

At least I hope you stop spewing "Bush was appointed" crap. It really makes you look old and tired. Sometimes just not saying something stupid makes you look smarter. I do like you avatar.

you've gotten your butt kicked from all sides this evening. i'd take the advice of not saying stupid things if i were you. :thup:

"Gotten my butt kicked"???? You're funny.

The USSC stopped the recount because it was illegal. What is it about that decision that you don't want to understand?

The USSC stopped the recount because it was illegal. What is it about that decision that you don't want to understand?

are you saying it was illegal simply because seven judges voted to stop it?

would he have used it on Israel when his entire country would have been vaporized at first launch?

I actually believe he was that insane, yes.

Is Kim Jong Il that insane?

Absolutely, and I know where you're wanting to go with this, so let me head you off by saying that IMO he should be dealt with the same way we SHOULD have dealt with Saddam. One SF team, sneak in, kill the bastard, and tell Iraq/N Korea, put whomever you want in charge, but if s/he fucks with us, we will do the same thing...

I actually believe he was that insane, yes.

Absolutely, and I know where you're wanting to go with this, so let me head you off by saying that IMO he should be dealt with the same way we SHOULD have dealt with Saddam. One SF team, sneak in, kill the bastard, and tell Iraq/N Korea, put whomever you want in charge, but if s/he fucks with us, we will do the same thing...

why did we go after Iraq and not North Korea?

You damn well know the answer to that. Same reason we put up with Saudi Arabia's bullshit.

You damn well know the answer to that. Same reason we put up with Saudi Arabia's bullshit.

well, some people don't know the answer to that.

Gore only wanted to count in areas that were favorable to him. An independent study paid for by the Washington Post and the Miami Herald found that even if that were done Bush would still have won.

Gore only wanted to count in areas that were favorable to him. An independent study paid for by the Washington Post and the Miami Herald found that even if that were done Bush would still have won.

agreed, but those facts have nothing to do with whether or not the recount was legal.

well, some people don't know the answer to that.

oilLogo001.gif

Anyone who denies that if not for oil none of our politicians would give two craps about those brown people is lying to themselves.

agreed, but those facts have nothing to do with whether or not the recount was legal.

It must have been illegal because the USSC stopped it. I may not be using the correct legal words, but I hope you know what I mean.

i wasn't being funny. i was trying to help you since you seem to need it.

go look at my earlier post about what the law was pre-bush v gore and what it remains today.... and how b v g was a deviation from that law which the court then determined has no precedential value.

regardless of whether you agree with the determination of the highest court of the state of florida, the law was AND IS that the decision of the highest court of a state determines its own election law.

your repeated use of the word 'illegal' doesn't make it so.

We aren't talking about putting a bullet in someone's head. We are talking about who gave the authority to invade Iraq. Congess did. Republicans and Democrats.

That's not what bush said

bush said he had the authority to invade with or without congress

Show me.

Simple

The war powers resolution - Judiciary Power and Practice

Bush claimed that he did not need a congressional declaration of war to use military force against Iraq. However, to bolster political support for the commencement of hostilities with Iraq, and to obtain legislative legitimacy for the participation of U.S. troops in a multinational coalition, the president requested a congressional resolution supporting the implementation of the UN Security Council resolution authorizing member states to use "all necessary means" to restore peace to the region.

http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0501-07.htm

An administration spokesman at Mr. Feingold's earlier hearings, Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Yoo, insisted, however, that the president is not bound by the War Powers Act requiring specific congressional approval because of his constitutional powers as commander in chief.

Last edited:

It must have been illegal because the USSC stopped it. I may not be using the correct legal words, but I hope you know what I mean.

so you're saying it's illegal based on the judgment (sp?) of seven people.

go look at my earlier post about what the law was pre-bush v gore and what it remains today.... and how b v g was a deviation from that law which the court then determined has no precedential value.

regardless of whether you agree with the determination of the highest court of the state of florida, the law was AND IS that the decision of the highest court of a state determines its own election law.

Evidently the state of Florida's SC is not above the USSC because they did what they were told. Case closed. Bush won and every recount proved it. Now please stop saying dumb things.

That's not what bush said

bush said he had the authority to invade with or without congress

Show me.

Simple

Bush claimed that he did not need a congressional declaration of war to use military force against Iraq. However, to bolster political support for the commencement of hostilities with Iraq, and to obtain legislative legitimacy for the participation of U.S. troops in a multinational coalition, the president requested a congressional resolution supporting the implementation of the UN Security Council resolution authorizing member states to use "all necessary means" to restore peace to the region.

What About the War Powers Act?

An administration spokesman at Mr. Feingold's earlier hearings, Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Yoo, insisted, however, that the president is not bound by the War Powers Act requiring specific congressional approval because of his constitutional powers as commander in chief.
i think that goes along with what Conhog explained earlier in the thread.

Evidently the state of Florida's SC is not above the USSC because they did what they were told. Case closed. Bush won and every recount proved it. Now please stop saying dumb things.

again, the fact the recount showed Bush won has nothing to do with the legality of the recount.

Simple

What About the War Powers Act?

i think that goes along with what Conhog explained earlier in the thread.

So why did Bush go through congress first? To gain American citizen support?

Forum List

Back