Al Qaida Leader Caught in Iraq

and the terrorists would be very grateful MM

so grateful they would wait and kill you and your family last to show how thankful they are for your appeasement

if we got out of Iraq, we could go after the terrorists instead of wasting our time killing and being killed by Iraqis.

and Murtha never suggested that we would go after terrorists in Okinawa, only that we could base our troops out of Okinawa given the presence of AQ affiliates in the far east.

and Murtha never suggested that we would go after terrorists in Okinawa, only that we could base our troops out of Okinawa given the presence of AQ affiliates in the far east.

Thousands of miles from where the enemy is

Great military tactic suggested by another liberal appeaser

and Murtha never suggested that we would go after terrorists in Okinawa, only that we could base some of our troops out of Okinawa given the presence of AQ affiliates in the far east.

not thousands of miles...right in their back yard

if we got out of Iraq, we could go after the terrorists instead of wasting our time killing and being killed by Iraqis.

I want someone, anyone, to comment publicly, on cambodia. In the 1975-1979. We were in cambodia, as far as i know, but i am somewhat of a novice on this issue. As far as i understand, when we left vietnam, 3 million cambodians were murdered by pol pot, because we left, i.e. our fault.

I think, as americans, and in the world, regardless of your position, the failure to teach our young, and to seek out history , is causing us to repeat histories mistakes, and may lead to our downfall.

I want someone, anyone, to comment publicly, on cambodia. In the 1975-1979. We were in cambodia, as far as i know, but i am somewhat of a novice on this issue. As far as i understand, when we left vietnam, 3 million cambodians were murdered by pol pot, because we left, i.e. our fault.

I think, as americans, and in the world, regardless of your position, the failure to teach our young, and to seek out history , is causing us to repeat histories mistakes, and may lead to our downfall.

little to no linkage.... Pol Pot would have taken over regardless of American action in Vietnam.....

We went into Cambodia after the North Vietnamese and the Ho Chi Minh Trail. We did what we went in to do and left. It was never anyone's intent on our side to escalate the Vietnam War into Cambodia.

Just as the Taliban does now in Pakistan, the N Vietnamese would attack US/ARVN units and run across the Cambodian and Laotian borders where we were not allowed to go.

Probably; and it is doubtful whether any outside entity would have intervened either.

exactly.... the idea that America's departure from Vietnam was, in any substantive war, responsible for Pol Pot's Killing Fields is foolish, IMHO.

We went into Cambodia after the North Vietnamese and the Ho Chi Minh Trail. We did what we went in to do and left. It was never anyone's intent on our side to escalate the Vietnam War into Cambodia.

Just as the Taliban does now in Pakistan, the N Vietnamese would attack US/ARVN units and run across the Cambodian and Laotian borders where we were not allowed to go.

Been there done that...interestingly enough, there was no red dotted line on the ground labelled "VietNam" on one side and "Cambodia" on the other.

exactly.... the idea that America's departure from Vietnam was, in any substantive war, responsible for Pol Pot's Killing Fields is foolish, IMHO.

I can agree with that. Pol Pot in all his horribleness (is that a word??) was home grown in SE Asia...wasn't even propped up by the Bush administration....

If there was, I'm sure that's when you looked UP.:badgrin:

heh...it is absolutely amazing how many eyes you can grow in a place like that! I swear I had little antennas and eyeballs all over my body sometimes...turns out they were just leeches and lice.

heh...it is absolutely amazing how many eyes you can grow in a place like that! I swear I had little antennas and eyeballs all over my body sometimes...turns out they were just leeches and lice.

Was it legal to hire the natives to watch your back like that?:)

Forum List

Back