Al Gore Sells Out to Al Jazeera

The best part is how Al Gore and the other owners pushed for an early closing date to avoid taxes after the network pushed for higher taxes on the rich.

Remember that above all they are businessmen, so of course they will take every tax advantage they can.... wouldn't you?
They play by the "Do as I say, not as I do" rule

I am pretty sure I never said the rich need to pay more in taxes though.

The best part is how Al Gore and the other owners pushed for an early closing date to avoid taxes after the network pushed for higher taxes on the rich.

Remember that above all they are businessmen, so of course they will take every tax advantage they can.... wouldn't you?
They play by the "Do as I say, not as I do" rule

I am pretty sure I never said the rich need to pay more in taxes though.

Never said you did.

Does this really surprise anyone?

Our Mister Save The World already uses up fossil fuels like crazy in his home and when he travels. Not that he's sucked up to a major oil producer, he should make millions off of all the barrels of oil pumped out of there.

:confused:

Al Jazeera did not disclose the purchase price, but people with direct knowledge of the deal pegged it at around $500 million, indicating a $100 million payout for Mr. Gore, who owned 20 percent of Current. Mr. Gore and his partners were eager to complete the deal by Dec. 31, lest it be subject to higher tax rates that took effect on Jan. 1, according to several people who insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. But the deal was not signed until Wednesday.

Al Jazeera Seeks a U.S. Voice Where Gore Failed - NYTimes.com
Clearly, Al does not want to pay his "fair share" for Obamacare.

:lol:

So, a Muslim owning a small percentage of Fox News = horrible and evil.

An Islamic foreign government owning Current TV outright = good and righteous and holy.

Right, USMB lefties?

The problem with Faux is the Aussie who owns it...

While it's amusing to watch the Right Wing melt down over it, if Al Jazerra is open about what it is, I don't see a problem with it.
Of course you don't. It would go against your programming.

No, I just don't see it as a big deal. I rarely watched Current, I won't watch Al Jazerra, it will be another one of the 100 Channels and nothing is on kind of situation.

At least he didn't become a no-good, low-down traitor and sell to Beck. :eusa_clap:

Glenn Beck Tried to Buy Current TV But Was Rejected - Business - The Atlantic Wire
Why would it be treasonous to sell to Beck?

His kind will be the downfall of America. He's the opposite of everything it stands for. I you don't get that I feel sorry for you and the country.
Oh. I thought you had something substantial, not just fevered leftist bullshit paranoia and victimhood fantasies.

Oh, and just so's you know, America does not stand for the prog bullshit you believe in.

The USSR did, however. How'd that turn out?

The problem with Faux is the Aussie who owns it...

While it's amusing to watch the Right Wing melt down over it, if Al Jazerra is open about what it is, I don't see a problem with it.

No, I just don't see it as a big deal. I rarely watched Current, I won't watch Al Jazerra, it will be another one of the 100 Channels and nothing is on kind of situation.
Yet you wet your pants in rage over Fox News. :lol:

Really, when have I done that?

The only sad thing about Fox News is that anyone still treats it seriously as a "News" network, which few people do these days.

I saw this earlier. My first thought was that rdean is never going to call out Al Gore for selling out to the Arabs like he does Fox.

So you admit, the number one rated station in America (and its totally right wing) is owned by a Saudi.

FOX IS OWNED BY A SAUDI. That says it all. The dumbing down of america is just sad.

Al Jazeera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Al Jazeera (Arabic: الجزيرة* al-ǧazīrah IPA: [æl dʒæˈziːrɐ], literally "The Island", abbreviating "The [Arabian] Peninsula"), also known as Aljazeera and JSC (Jazeera Satellite Channel), is a broadcaster owned by the state of Qatar through the Qatar Media Corporation and headquartered in Doha, Qatar. Initially launched as an Arabic news and current affairs satellite TV channel, Al Jazeera has since expanded into a network with several outlets, including the Internet and specialty TV channels in multiple languages. Al Jazeera is accessible in several world regions. Al Jazeera claims editorial independence from the government of Qatar, though this has been disputed.[2]

The original Al Jazeera channel's willingness to broadcast dissenting views, for example on call-in shows, created controversies in the Arab States of the Persian Gulf. The station gained worldwide attention following the outbreak of war in Afghanistan, when it was the only channel to cover the war live, from its office there.[3]

In the 2000s, the network was praised by the Index on Censorship for circumventing censorship and contributing to the free exchange of information in the Arab world, and by the Webby Awards, who nominated it as one of the five best news web sites, along with BBC News, National Geographic and The Smoking Gun. It was also voted by brandchannel.com readers as the fifth most influential global brand behind Apple, Google, Ikea and Starbucks. In 2011, Salon.com said Al Jazeera's coverage of the 2011 Egyptian protests was superior to that of the American news media, while U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton also opined that the network's news coverage was more informative, and less opinion-driven than American journalism.[4]

His kind will be the downfall of America. He's the opposite of everything it stands for. I you don't get that I feel sorry for you and the country.
Oh. I thought you had something substantial, not just fevered leftist bullshit paranoia and victimhood fantasies.

Oh, and just so's you know, America does not stand for the prog bullshit you believe in.

Beck is bat shit crazy.

that is an excellent reason to deny him a greater voice

Really, when have I done that?

The only sad thing about Fox News is that anyone still treats it seriously as a "News" network, which few people do these days.
And reality once again kicks JoePinko's ass:

Cable News Ratings For Saturday-Sunday, December 29-30, 2012 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/cable-news-ratings-2012_n_2300780.html
Fox News is poised to be the most-watched cable news channel for the eleventh year in a row, according to preliminary Nielsen numbers. It also took the top eleven programs of the year, with "The O'Reilly Factor" leading the way.​

Rule of thumb, Joe: If you say it, it's wrong.

Last edited:

Beck is bat shit crazy.

that is an excellent reason to deny him a greater voice
You are absolutely terrified of conflicting views.

At least he didn't become a no-good, low-down traitor and sell to Beck. :eusa_clap:

Glenn Beck Tried to Buy Current TV But Was Rejected - Business - The Atlantic Wire

Beck is pro American.
Gore and all of the progressives like him are the opposite of everything America stands for.

Forum List

Back