Airport Body Scanners

Nice wiggle but you didn't answer. Besides concluding this is excessive, what level of search is ok for all members of the flying public to go through?

How can I make a decision for the entire public? I clearly can't even make this decision for this message board. For me, personally, I'm willing to put my bags through their scanners and go through the metal detectors. If they feel they need to pat me down I'd be annoyed but I wouldn't make a scene or anything like that. If they start asking me to remove clothes then we have a problem.

However, if you have no problem going through this scanner then it doesn't effect me in the least.

Let me ask you this

Guy in front of you goes through the scanner....it beeps

do it again

it beeps

they ask the guy to follow them to a private room to strip search him

he makes a huge scene, doesnt want to do it.

They let him through because of it.....do you want that guy on your plane?

This situation rests on the faulty assumption that I am in line at an airport getting ready to go through this scanner. It also rests on the far more faulty assumption that they'd let this guy get on the plane simply because he throws a fit.

How can I make a decision for the entire public? I clearly can't even make this decision for this message board. For me, personally, I'm willing to put my bags through their scanners and go through the metal detectors. If they feel they need to pat me down I'd be annoyed but I wouldn't make a scene or anything like that. If they start asking me to remove clothes then we have a problem.

However, if you have no problem going through this scanner then it doesn't effect me in the least.

Let me ask you this

do it again

it beeps

This situation rests on the faulty assumption that I am in line at an airport getting ready to go through this scanner. It also rests on the far more faulty assumption that they'd let this guy get on the plane simply because he throws a fit.

I'm talking about a regular scanner they use now....and fine you can change the situation and they took him away or kicked him out.....would you want to be on a plane with the guy who made a scene abou tnot being searched more because something kept beeping.

Let me ask you this

do it again

it beeps

Trust me, the guy's not getting on the plane. He either agrees to the strip search, or he goes back where he came from. If he throws a fit, he's arrested and put in jail pending a hearing.

Let me ask you this

do it again

it beeps

I'm talking about a regular scanner they use now....and fine you can change the situation and they took him away or kicked him out.....would you want to be on a plane with the guy who made a scene abou tnot being searched more because something kept beeping.

Obviously I don't want to be on the plane with the man, and if we follow your hypothetical situation to it's logical conclusion, I won't be because they're not going to allow him on the plane.

This man does not accurately represent me, however. Firstly the only metal that would set a metal detector off that I've got are my keys and maybe some loose change, all of which I'd take out of my pockets. I'd take my belt off as well, since the clasp is metal. Other than that, the metal detector won't be going off. They wouldn't find anything suspicious when scanning my bags because there'd be nothing suspicious in them. Disposable razors are cheap enough that I'd pick some up when I arrived at my destination, and I can't think of anything else I'd want to pack that could possibly be considered suspicious.

I am just trying to make the point because you said if they wanted to search you would have a big problem with it...yet they don't just randomly strip search people...its usually for a reason like the scanner that keeps going off and they can't find anything.

If it was someone else that it happened too and you were watching I am sure you would want him to be searched just like if it was you in that situation

I am just trying to make the point because you said if they wanted to search you would have a big problem with it...yet they don't just randomly strip search people...its usually for a reason like the scanner that keeps going off and they can't find anything.

If it was someone else that it happened too and you were watching I am sure you would want him to be searched just like if it was you in that situation

I was asked what I'd be willing to go through to get on airplane. If somebody fails the tests that they willingly take to get on an airplane, I have no problem with them being questioned further or not being permitted onto the airplane. I, however, am not willingly going to take a test that requires me to be naked, and if it is a requirement then I do not expect them to make a special case for me. I simply won't fly.

The scanner kept going off on me and they didn't strip search me. They did wand me, but even the wand kept going off, when I told them I was wearing a medical bra (lots of hooks and eyes and zippers), they just let me go on my way. I hate that medical bra, it squeezes my rather ample breasts together and makes it look like I have just one big unibreast. I have to wear it when I fly as well as my medical sleeve due to lymphitis (sp?).

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.-- Ben Franklin

I agree ... but then the wingnuts for some odd reason think that somehow giving the government the ability to stop people from flying or detain them for any reason is actually less government ... which is really the odd thing.

I never heard that the cleaning crew planted bo xcutters for the hijackers for 9/11...you got any links on that?

Of course not, the article was gone 2 days after I found it. I'm gonna have to start copying these articles. There are a lot of them that completely disappear, who says the internet isn't censored?

Funny thing, I had posted the whole article on aol and when someone asked for the link, I went back to find it and it was gone.

It wasn't the last time something like that had happened.

I saw an article on reuter's eyewitness news that talked about people being locked in churches and burned alive when civil war broke out in Kenya after the last presidential election. It disappeared too.
because its bullshit
it was not illegal to take box cutters on commerical airlines prior to 9/11, so no one would have needed to "sneak" them on

The scanner kept going off on me and they didn't strip search me. They did wand me, but even the wand kept going off, when I told them I was wearing a medical bra (lots of hooks and eyes and zippers), they just let me go on my way. I hate that medical bra, it squeezes my rather ample breasts together and makes it look like I have just one big unibreast. I have to wear it when I fly as well as my medical sleeve due to lymphitis (sp?).
wow, i dont mean to be insensitive, but it sucks to be you

but the new scaners might just save you that hassle

I never heard that the cleaning crew planted bo xcutters for the hijackers for 9/11...you got any links on that?

Of course not, the article was gone 2 days after I found it. I'm gonna have to start copying these articles. There are a lot of them that completely disappear, who says the internet isn't censored?

Funny thing, I had posted the whole article on aol and when someone asked for the link, I went back to find it and it was gone.

I saw an article on reuter's eyewitness news that talked about people being locked in churches and burned alive when civil war broke out in Kenya after the last presidential election. It disappeared too.
because its bullshit
it was not illegal to take box cutters on commerical airlines prior to 9/11, so no one would have needed to "sneak" them on

Shh ... no facts allowed on here ... remember.

because its bullshit

in a job i had a long time ago i needed to use a knife on a daily basis, i had a Buck 110 i kept on my belt, the very first time i had to fly i didnt think a thing about having it on my belt and airport security didnt say a damned thing about it

for those that dont know what a Buck 110 is

buck110lg.jpg

because its bullshit

in a job i had a long time ago i needed to use a knife on a daily basis, i had a Buck 110 i kept on my belt, the very first time i had to fly i didnt think a thing about having it on my belt and airport security didnt say a damned thing about it

Lucky ... I remember my first time flying from Seattle to Tucson ... they made me prove to them the walkman I was listening to wasn't a bomb. I was ten.

Lucky ... I remember my first time flying from Seattle to Tucson ... they made me prove to them the walkman I was listening to wasn't a bomb. I was ten.
well, what DID cause them issues was my Cannon AE-1
i had to take it completely apart for them, remove the lens and the power winder and open the back

LOL
strange huh

New Topics

Forum List

Back