Airline Regulation Heading Our Way

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
Get AOL News Alerts » Pilots Flirted Before Crash, Sources SayAOL
posted: 1 HOUR 28 MINUTES AGOcomments: 20filed under: National News, Plane AccidentsPrintShareText SizeAAA(May 12) -- The captain of a commuter jet that crashed Feb. 12 near Buffalo, N.Y., flirted with his co-pilot before the plane went down, killing 50, the New York Post reported.
Capt. Marvin Renslow, 47, and his co-pilot, Rebecca Shaw, 24, talked as the plane approached Buffalo Niagara International Airport -- despite FAA rules that ban non-flight-related conversations below 10,000 feet, the Post said. The conversation was captured on the plane's flight recorder. The newspaper based its account on information from unidentified sources close to the investigation of the crash.

http://news.aol.com/article/buffalo-plane-crash/477086

What is more disturbing is the fact that this pilot was not properly trained, and that this lack of proper training was directly responsible for the downing of this plane. Something tells me this will lead to more regulations, which at this point, may actually be necessary. If this proves to be true, this airline will definitely be put out of business as the lawsuits are going to be astronomical.

Last edited:
Fox is saying that someone reported "unclean conversation" ... which they stated was conversation not conducive to the job ... well ... sometimes people do need to just shut the hell up and do their jobs.

Fox is saying that someone reported "unclean conversation" ... which they stated was conversation not conducive to the job ... well ... sometimes people do need to just shut the hell up and do their jobs.

That is the lead in to the story, but that really doesn't concern me. While it would have been inappropriate, it had nothing to do with the downing of the plane. The fact that this pilot was permitted to fly a plane after failing so many tests as well as never having been trained on the one aspect that actually caused this plane to go down is the problem here.

Of course, at this point, this is based on statements made by unconfirmed sources. But something tells me this will also be the final finding of the investigation.

That is the lead in to the story, but that really doesn't concern me. While it would have been inappropriate, it had nothing to do with the downing of the plane. The fact that this pilot was permitted to fly a plane after failing so many tests as well as never having been trained on the one aspect that actually caused this plane to go down is the problem here.

Of course, at this point, this is based on statements made by unconfirmed sources. But something tells me this will also be the final finding of the investigation.

Possibly, I never really rely on media for facts anyway ... :razz:

Possibly, I never really rely on media for facts anyway ... :razz:

I don't like it when my media is tainted by facts.

Bullets have flown and men have survived with much more vile comments being made. Training is what saves lives not conversation topics.

Forum List

Back