Who's a minority in 2009?

Bah! I thought this was actually going to be hard hitting news. Simple solution, people need to stop treating people different so they can't get special treatment.

• Banned
Explain to me how participating in a voluntary sex change operation entitles you to special treatment in hiring? Clearly, I don't get it.

For the record, I do NOT support discrimination in any shape or form, on the basis of race, sexual orientation, gender, or religion, on the job.

But that is DIFFERENT from supporting preferential hiring standards for someone.

Explain to me how participating in a voluntary sex change operation entitles you to special treatment in hiring? Clearly, I don't get it.

For the record, I do NOT support discrimination in any shape or form, on the basis of race, sexual orientation, gender, or religion, on the job.

But that is DIFFERENT from supporting preferential hiring standards for someone.

I don't either, and I don't think there should be laws forcing anyone to hire another person, period. However, on the flip side, if more people would simply stop treating others based on these traits then they wouldn't be able to push for these stupid laws. It's a simple concept that for some reason there still are not enough people using. Here's a factoid, hate crime is up from last month, and up a LOT from last year. If you want to help get rid of these stupid laws then also 1) raise your kids right so they don't think it's "wrong" to be different, and 2) continue to set a good example for the rest of the country.

• Banned
Here's a factoid, hate crime is up from last month, and up a LOT from last year.

Hate crime fluctuates with the economy. When the economy is in the shitter, there are a lot more recruits for the cause of "those people are stealing our jobs."

And, examples like this one don't help. In this case, this person used their transgender status to qualify over other qualified people, and then caused mayhem. He/she is a poster child that will be used by the hate movement.

Get this...the guy who injured 46 people and caused 9.5 million in damages in Boston last week while texting on the job used his transgendered status to qualify as a "minority" for hiring purposes.

Texting Trolley Driver Is Transgendered Male - ABC News

It's a crazy world we live in, y'all.

This is a flame story. Several stories in this one--the negligence of the driver--is one. His hiring and listing as FTM gender status are two separate issues. The implication is that FTM should not be hired for responsbile jobs because one of them performed incompetently.

All the more reason transgendered indviduals are correct to claim minority status.

Substittue Jew, Black, Hispanice, older worker, gay or disabled for any of the hiring links and you'll understand my point.

Last edited:
Here's a factoid, hate crime is up from last month, and up a LOT from last year.

Hate crime fluctuates with the economy. When the economy is in the shitter, there are a lot more recruits for the cause of "those people are stealing our jobs."

And, examples like this one don't help. In this case, this person used their transgender status to qualify over other qualified people, and then caused mayhem. He/she is a poster child that will be used by the hate movement.

Aaah ... but if only it was that simple.

What does this guys transgendered status have to do with his screwing up?

Would it have been less a problem if he'd been texting his gunsmith about buying a new gun?

Or how about if he'd been texting his pastor about who Jesus would kill?

The man's (or whatever) is a damned fool, and what he was texting at the time is completely irrelevant to the story.

Forum List

Back